The Future of Asylum

2 hours ago, Cukofuko said:

Olio, if you would be kind enough and give us some feedback or just the thoughts of you and other CM involved who were there when the decision was made. Im pretty sure there are people (including myself) who sell money so they can afford things in REAL LIFE. The extra $ i get on the side makes me survive a month. All of this looks to me like just because bohemia pressed down on the server because of the donor things, people arent allowed to sell it?

Would like a response from you if that is possible.

Kind regards,

Cukofuko

Sounds really harsh and i don't mean it in a bad way but you can't expect them to keep suchs things in consideration.

It's a game and that's what it should stay, not a method to farm real life money with.

Eventhough these methods of earning money seem to become more and more popular in the game industry, look at skin betting in CS:GO.

I have also farmed scotch and sold lots in the past to get some money to afford extra things but i completely understand their reasoning.

9 minutes ago, Cukofuko said:

I have one, and im broke.

Also im not expecting them to take things like that into consideration. Im just wondering about why it happend when it wasnt a problem until now.

4 hours ago, Olio said:

On top of the the issues where people are getting screwed over it also changes the dynamic of the mission on our server. We want people to be running drugs, interacting with each other, actually working to earn money. People buying/selling money really changes the overall feel for the game. Everyone makes statements of being "bored", it's more of a "I don't need to make money because 5 bucks will buy me what I need", why would you actually work for the money by doing things that are supposed to be done to achieve the money when you can just buy it. It just really changes the game in a way that Paratus did not intend. It's always been a unspoken rule (similar to Arms Island :) ) but with recent discoveries it was discovered that is simply out of hand. One person sold 10 million dollars of money in under 30 days, and I think Gnashes found over a period of time I believe 30 days or 60 that 300 MILLION was potentially sold. So again yes, it's against the rules. This really upset many and I am sorry for that but if that's what is keeping you here, you are here for the wrong reasons.

I think his first post best explains the whole "why it happened when it wasn't a problem until now."

The whole fact that people are complaining about not being able to buy or sell ingame currency anymore is fucking hilarious. Its a fucking game, play the game, have fun. If your playing the game, and not having fun, then its time to find a new game. If buying in game money was the only way you were making money, then your not even playing the game, you are just playing wasteland at an expensive rate. If you were selling money because you had so god damn much of it and there was nothing better to do, I feel yah. 

Making money is not hard at all; monotonous, yes. If you only have an hour or so to make money because of IRL responsibilities, then maybe, just maybe, you should just grind a night or two with a buddy to make a bunch of money to blow when you have more time. Pretty simple logic there. 

This is the problem with the community, they just want that giant easy button. If they don't have it or it gets taken away they FLIP shit. Instead, you should be looking at a compromise to ask the Devs and CMs. 

For instance:

@Olio @Volunteer281 @Paratus @bamf

With the new rule placement of buying and selling money in game, it will be more difficult for myself to enjoy the mod to its fullest potential due to the fact that I only have so much time in the week to play. Making money isn't difficult, but it is tedious and boring and I am only able to grind for so long before I have to log off or else my Mom and Dad will ground me. So when I do get a chance to grind, mainly on the weekends because my curfew is increased, I would like to be able to hold more cash in my bank account. 

So I propose, with the removal of buying or selling money, please increase personal bank accounts to 2M. This will allow me to have a little deeper pocket and allow me to survive the whole week without having to grind until the weekend where I have more time. 

Boom...so instead of just flipping shit about change and just calling everything AIDS, find something to compromise with...it will make all your arguments more valid. 

OgreTV, Ghost0fDawn and Eric916 like this
12 hours ago, Olio said:

Unfortunately this is not something that we are going to compromise on, as it has become a large scale issue outside of the vision of the developer. No one said anything about banning anyone yet, its possible but I would like to work on a way to course correct the issue, and end it before it comes to that. Before being an Admin I used to run drugs all the time, you just can not constantly fight, you have to take some time to earn the money.

Basically this is Paratus' shit so no matter how many people want it if Paratus wants people actually making money and not buying it then that's whats going to happen period.

I get it too cuz If i put all that work in to making such a large scale server I would want the people actually playing if no one is running drugs/guns/making money then there is no one out there to interact with. If I go to Heroine as Cop or Civ but no one else is EVER there because they just buy money and don't need to make it. Then in my eyes the server is dead cuz every time I go to Heroine no one is there.. looks like no one is playing the dam game...

Just now, Midamaru said:

Inorder to talk shit on the forums, duh! :P

Don't make me read this thread after someone else locks it and then me get blamed for always locking threads, that I happen to be reading locked by someone else. :shrug:

Before I close this out. See amended rules page below.

The selling and buying of in-game currency has become an issue. Therefor the following reminder and rules have been implemented:

• Selling in-game currency is against the rules.
  • No advertising of currency exchange is to be done in any fashion throughout the Asylum Community. If you advertise on Steam this will obviously put a spotlight on you.
  • Any currency purchased by someone banned for duping will be removed from your account and you will not be eligible for compensation. There is an inherited risk when purchasing in-game money due to you not knowing that it is legitimate or not.
  • If you purchase in-game currency you run the risk of having the money removed from your account.
  • “Saving up” compensations in order to turn around and sell the currency is not allowed. If this is done you will be blacklisted from any compensation and the funds will be removed.
  • If you play cop solely for the purpose of making money to sell, you run the risk of losing your white listing.

We understand the difference in helping a player out with 1k-50k etc and transfers of 10 million in under 30 days means.

22 hours ago, Olio said:

Sale of Asylum Money

The selling and buying of in-game currency has become an issue. Therefor the following reminder and rules have been implemented:

• No advertising of currency exchange is to be done in any fashion throughout the Asylum Community. If you advertise on Steam this will obviously put a spotlight on you.
  • Any currency purchased by someone banned for duping will be removed from your account and you will not be eligible for compensation. There is an inherited risk when purchasing in-game money due to you not knowing that it is legitimate or not.
  • “Saving up” compensations in order to turn around and sell the currency is not allowed. If this is done you will be blacklisted from any compensation and the funds will be removed.
  • If you play cop solely for the purpose of making money to sell, you run the risk of losing your white listing.

We understand the difference in helping a player out with 1k-50k etc and transfers of 10 million in under 30 days means.

Paratus and Motown decided to make changes after we talked. Feel free to carry on, with business as usual. :)

In other news: Apparently my gang loses a lot at cartels (the gang I'm not in, and the cartels I never fight).....guess its time to brush up on my cartel skills, because they make me angry.... :shrug:

Google™, KevinOB, Shade and 1 other like this