All this RDM is Killing Me (Literally)

A couple of days ago, I logged into Asylum for the first time in a while. I have to say I am really impressed with the improvements that have been made. Then, I encountered an RDMer... a couple of hours later, another one. Over the past two days, I have encountered at least 5 RDMers, and been killed twice by them. A cop told me that the only way to ban an RDMer is to get him restrained first. This struck me as being a really ineffective way of dealing with RDM. Combat Logging exists, after all. How hard is it to simply ban them by seeing their name in the chat, and then blocking that user? Most game servers use this method. I really think that Asylum should be paying more attention to this problem - I regard it as the biggest issue with the servers at the moment.

Just now, MieliePap said:

Thanks. I would be recording, but my graphics card blew, so I'm (barely) running on integrated graphics. You should offer people rewards for reporting RDM (say like 5k)

I agree. Sometimes when I get a CL'er or RDM'er and I'm recording, I don't bother to clip the video, upload etc etc. because it takes up time I could be spending enjoying the game.

Eric916 and JAY1HP like this

it's pointless to record and report if you hang out in kavala. 

1. you're probably losing nothing other than a rook that is being used to revenge kill anyways

2. you would never be able to play the game.

People claim RDM if the lose a gun battle all the time, not saying you are, but in reality its how all the side chat flaming starts. They initiate through text, start immediately popping shots, kid turns on initiator and kills him, fucking RDM man, you;re getting banned. 

You could literally laugh hysterically just by sitting in the square and paying attention to side. 

5 hours ago, MieliePap said:

A cop told me that the only way to ban an RDMer is to get him restrained first. 

This is not true.  Cops do not (and should not) personally deal with RDM'ers, combat loggers or any other kind of server rule breakers.  Cops only deal with people who commit in-game crimes like manslaughter or drug trafficking. Only admins can deal with RDM'ers and it's rare that they'll be in the server at the right time and place.

5 hours ago, MieliePap said:

You should offer people rewards for reporting RDM (say like 5k)

While a good idea in theory, it encourages people to over-report others for grey area or borderline offenses, which only fosters a more hostile and toxic community attitude.  Handing out the reward is also one more task for our already over-burdened admins, and as maudlin as it sounds, you really should report RDM'ers for the warm fuzzy feeling you get from bettering the servers.  Shouldn't do it for any other reason!

I'm sorry you've seen so much RDM but we all have to deal with it.  Either get out of Kavala, roll with a gang or a few buddies, or just learn to brush off any deaths from RDM where you didn't lose any money/items.  GLHF!

Edited by Olivia
mAnglurr, BioHazard and william like this
43 minutes ago, Olivia said:

This is not true.  Cops do not (and should not) personally deal with RDM'ers, combat loggers or any other kind of server rule breakers.  Cops only deal with people who commit in-game crimes like manslaughter or drug trafficking. Only admins can deal with RDM'ers and it's rare that they'll be in the server at the right time and place.

While a good idea in theory, it encourages people to over-report others for grey area or borderline offenses, which only fosters a more hostile and toxic community attitude.  Handing out the reward is also one more task for our already over-burdened admins, and as maudlin as it sounds, you really should report RDM'ers for the warm fuzzy feeling you get from bettering the servers.  Shouldn't do it for any other reason!

I'm sorry you've seen so much RDM but we all have to deal with it.  Either get out of Kavala, roll with a gang or a few buddies, or just learn to brush off any deaths from RDM where you didn't lose any money/items.  GLHF!

what she said.

4 hours ago, Dork said:

it's pointless to record and report if you hang out in kavala. 

1. you're probably losing nothing other than a rook that is being used to revenge kill anyways

2. you would never be able to play the game.

People claim RDM if the lose a gun battle all the time, not saying you are, but in reality its how all the side chat flaming starts. They initiate through text, start immediately popping shots, kid turns on initiator and kills him, fucking RDM man, you;re getting banned. 

You could literally laugh hysterically just by sitting in the square and paying attention to side. 

Lol i like how some new players confuse killing someone with RDM.

4 hours ago, Murmurs said:

You only encountered 5 rdmers in 2 days!? 

Damn, the servers HAVE improved!!! :kappa:

LOL right. Well Arma went on sale for $20 or something so a lot of new players = a lot of RDM from people learning rules.

You need to wait a few days cuz literally right now and especially the past week there has been an insane amount of RDM because of the influx of new players

BioHazard likes this