We should just add unlimited sprint and try having Red-Gulls serve another purpose (Like reducing weapon sway slightly). It's kind of like having to eat food and drink. It's a chore but doesn't really contribute to the quality of game-play in any significant manner.

Edited by Dpatt711
5 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

Please let me dislike this post. If you are too lazy to eat food and drink occasionally then maybe any kind of rp server isn't right for you.

Let me just dislike your post. If you are such a simpleton that you find the idea of occasionally eating food and drinking entertaining, then maybe any kind of game isn't right for you. 

It's also not what the post is about. 

Edited by Dpatt711
Just now, HotWings said:

Better logic than removing a game mechanic because lazy :shrug:

I suggested removing the game mechanic because it's useless. Red Gull is easily accessible, relatively cheap, and can be bound to key. It's essentially just "Press Key for 3 minutes of unlimited sprint." Something that most servers have already. 

Also you call me lazy, but at least I use more than two words in my replies.  

I'm saying we repurpose Red Gull to something more useful, like reduce weapon sway. Let's not forget that this server is an Arma Lite server and not MilSim, and is played mostly by people who want Arma Lite and not MilSim. 

I think most people (Most people who actually play on the server, not the old hags on the forums who would say no to change even it improved game-play 50 fold) would agree that Unlimited Sprint + 1 minute Redgulls that slightly reduce sway would improve gameplay over the current system. 

Just now, Dpatt711 said:

I suggested removing the game mechanic because it's useless. Red Gull is easily accessible, relatively cheap, and can be bound to key. It's essentially just "Press Key for 3 minutes of unlimited sprint." Something that most servers have already. 

I'm saying we repurpose Red Gull to something more useful, like reduce weapon sway. Let's not forget that this server is an Arma Lite server and not MilSim, and is played mostly by people who want Arma Lite and not MilSim. 

I think most people (Most people who actually play on the server, not the old hags on the forums who would say no to change even it improved game-play 50 fold) would agree that Unlimited Sprint + 1 minute Redgulls that slightly reduce sway would improve gameplay over the current system. 

[IMG]

You're an idiot shut up

Edited by Alec-I
Corgi, Phil. and AndrewFam like this
2 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

Red Gull is easily accessible, relatively cheap, and can be bound to key. It's essentially just "Press Key for 3 minutes of unlimited sprint." Something that most servers have already. 

You said it yourself, and this is why it's not going to be unlimited sprint, it's already convenient.

1 minute ago, Alec-I said:

This isn't wasteland, how about we remove money as well and have loot spawn in vehicles! It's not going to happen mate!!

Yes removing money is totally equivalent to removing fatigue. 

The proof is in the pudding. Red Gulls were introduced because the vast majority of players WANTED unlimited sprint. 

Edited by Dpatt711
Just now, Cassettes said:

You said it yourself, and this is why it's not going to be unlimited sprint, it's already convenient.

Yes it's convenient, but that just means we're dancing around a bush. Fact of the matter is people want unlimited sprint. So they add Red Gulls. People want unlimited sprinting more often so they make it cheap and add it to the market. People want unlimited sprinting immediately, so they make it so you can bind it to a key. The common driving factor is that people want unlimited sprinting. 

7 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

Most people who play on the server realize that in a RP LIFE server eating and drinking would be required.  There is not a single other life server that I have been on that has unlimited sprint, sprint and fatigue play a role in shooting and combat. Removing one of the core elements of the fight would be ill advised to say the least.  There is also no legitimate reason to have unlimited sprint, this is not exile where most of your efforts are running around the majority of activities are done with a vehicle.

Cassettes and Brendon Smith like this
5 minutes ago, Heidelberg said:

Not Dayz

Lol people mention DayZ and Wasteland, which are MORE combat orientated and MORE popular than Altis Life. Seems like listing successful examples of game-modes that use unlimited stamina is a bad way to counter my argument for unlimited sprint.

3 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

Lol people mention DayZ and Wasteland, which are MORE combat orientated and MORE popular than Altis Life. Seems like listing successful examples of game-modes that use unlimited stamina is a bad way to counter my argument for unlimited sprint.

Dayz and Wasteland are not comparable to Altis Life, so if you're not interested in the way Asylum Altis Life is screwed together, feel free to find other places where you don't need redgulls.

Edited by Heidelberg
11 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Most people who play on the server realize that in a RP LIFE server eating and drinking would be required.  There is not a single other life server that I have been on that has unlimited sprint, sprint and fatigue play a role in shooting and combat. Removing one of the core elements of the fight would be ill advised to say the least.  There is also no legitimate reason to have unlimited sprint, this is not exile where most of your efforts are running around the majority of activities are done with a vehicle.

You never played STS, ZC or DRP?  

"Sprint and fatigue play a role in shooting and combat. Removing one of the core elements of the fight would be ill advised to say the least."  

So you think Red Gulls should be disallowed in combat completely?

Altis Life Combat already has unlimited sprint. You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

Edited by Dpatt711
Just now, Heidelberg said:

Dayz and Wasteland are not comparable to Altis Life, so if you're not interested in the way Asylum Altis Life is screwed together, feel free to find other places where you don't need redgulls.

I didn't bring them up in the first place. Also there is nothing wrong with suggestions and you definitely shouldn't be telling people to find a different server when they suggest something. If admins didn't want suggestions they wouldn't add a suggestion forum.

5 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

You never played STS, ZC or DRP?  

"Sprint and fatigue play a role in shooting and combat. Removing one of the core elements of the fight would be ill advised to say the least."  

So you think Red Gulls should be disallowed in combat completely?

Altis Life Combat already has unlimited sprint. You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

Ok man, live in that fantasy world. GL

Lol did you

43 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Ok man, live in that fantasy world. GL

It's not a fantasy world lol, Did you completely forget that Red Gulls that give unlimited sprint are ALREADY in the game and available to players?

You said it yourself. Sprint is a core element and should not removed.  

But you completely ignored the fact that you can currently remove that "Core element" by having red gulls in your inv and pressing your red-gull key.   

I'll say it once and I'll say it again. 

It's clear to anyone with any intelligence that the vast majorities of players want unlimited sprint. It's why Red Gulls exist, are so cheap, easy to use, and last a relatively long time.   

The admins decided they had to balance it (Because at the time fatigue was linked to things like accuracy weapon sway), so they did in the form of making it an inventory item that takes up space and costs money. That's reasonable. 

But since weapon sway is no longer tied to fatigue it does not need to be balanced like it once was. Give the players what they originally wanted. Unlimited sprint.

Edited by Dpatt711
39 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

Lol did you

It's not a fantasy world lol, Did you completely forget that Red Gulls that give unlimited sprint are ALREADY in the game and available to players?

You said it yourself. Sprint is a core element and should not removed.  

But you completely ignored the fact that you can currently remove that "Core element" by having red gulls in your inv and pressing your red-gull key.   

I'll say it once and I'll say it again. 

It's clear to anyone with any intelligence that the vast majorities of players want unlimited sprint. It's why Red Gulls exist, are so cheap, easy to use, and last a relatively long time.   

The admins decided they had to balance it (Because at the time fatigue was linked to things like accuracy weapon sway), so they did in the form of making it an inventory item that takes up space and costs money. That's reasonable. 

But since weapon sway is no longer tied to fatigue it does not need to be balanced like it once was. Give the players what they originally wanted. Unlimited sprint.

No you completely ignore the fact that you have to purchase them and have them on your for them to work... Weapon sway is not tied to fatigue? Not sure what game you're playing but its not arma...

Edited by HotWings
1 minute ago, HotWings said:

No you completely ignore the fact that you have to purchase them and have them on your for them to work

Buying them doesn't really have anything to do with their role in combat, so why would I include it? I included it when I talked about the original reasons it was introduced, and how and why it was balanced.

Edited by Dpatt711
2 hours ago, Dpatt711 said:

Buying them doesn't really have anything to do with their role in combat, so why would I include it? I included it when I talked about the original reasons it was introduced, and how and why it was balanced.

Omg, you want everything handed to you on a silver platter, You want unlimitted sprint, no fatigue and no weapon sway. Do you want to be given 100k everytime you die and respawn? Free loadouts? Its a game and the mechanics are the way they are for a reason. If you cant handle pressing a simple key to drink a redgull to have 3 minutes of running, go play Wasteland or something else. As someone said before its an ALTIS LIFE MOD. 

1 hour ago, Mayhem said:

Omg, you want everything handed to you on a silver platter, You want unlimitted sprint, no fatigue and no weapon sway. Do you want to be given 100k everytime you die and respawn? Free loadouts? Its a game and the mechanics are the way they are for a reason. If you cant handle pressing a simple key to drink a redgull to have 3 minutes of running, go play Wasteland or something else. As someone said before its an ALTIS LIFE MOD. 

First off sprint and fatigue are the same thing and yes I do want unlimited.  

I never said No Weapon Sway. I said if people wanted red gull to still serve a purpose it should be used to slightly reduce weapon sway.   

"Do you want to be given 100k everytime you die and respawn? Free loadouts?"

No hence, why the title isn't "Give 100k on spawn with free loadouts."

"Its a game and the mechanics are the way they are for a reason."

The funny part is you don't know the actual reason and it makes you look stupid when you say this.

Remember back when sway and inaccuracy was still tied to sprinting fatigue? Well that's when Red Gull was introduced.

Players wanted unlimited sprint and admins decided that they would give the players unlimited sprint.

But the problem was Unlimited Sprint = No Sway. So they attempted to balance it by making it an item that cost money, took up space, and only worked for a limited time. Red Gull was originally introduced as a stop-gap solution.

Arma 3 has now changed and Sprint Fatigue and Sway-causing fatigue are now separate. People with far more intelligence and forethought than you agreed unlimited sprint would improve game-play but could not do it flat out due to engine limitations. We no longer have those limitations. 

As someone said before its an ALTIS LIFE MOD.   

You don't want to go down that road. I can make a list the length of the Brooklyn bridge of all the realism aspects that were sacrificed for the sake of game-play. if you think Altis Life is striving for realism, then I would have to wonder if you've ever been in the real world. 

Edited by Dpatt711
4 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

Admins and community maangers have nothing to do with what gets added and removed that is the developers job.

This is incorrect. When Arma Life was initially released there were "Official" servers hosted by the creators of the mod. Red Gull was not part of the initial release. When the developer decided to introduce Red Gull they acted as an admin to decide to implement it and how to balance it.

Edited by Dpatt711
1 minute ago, Dpatt711 said:

This is incorrect. When Altis Life was initially released there were "Official" servers. Those admins and community managers (Which some were in fact developers) decided what changes would be made. 

Thought we were talking about asylum here not all altis life servers. Asylum the developers make the decisions not the admins. If you want to compare the two why not just remove all weapons besides hand guns like hardcore rp servers since your not happy with anything this server has to offer.

4 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

Thought we were talking about asylum here not all altis life servers. Asylum the developers make the decisions not the admins. If you want to compare the two why not just remove all weapons besides hand guns like hardcore rp servers since your not happy with anything this server has to offer.

Do you really think asylum invented Red Gull?  

Also developers don't get to decide what changes get made unless it's for a technical reason. That's an administrative decision by any definition. It's possible to have a developer that does not get to make administrative decisions or get admin powers.

Edited by Dpatt711

Wow @Dpatt711 You must know everything? How aren't you a Dev yet? Oh wait because you want everything to be easy. Please just stop making suggestions. If the Developers want to change things, they will. Constantly trying to argue your point and using metaphors such as 

"If I give someone 3 meals to eat a week, and another person 30 meals to eat a week, who is hungrier?" 

Doesnt help your case, especially when its moronic. No longer worth the effort to pause my Netflix to read your idiotic comments.

3 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Wow @Dpatt711 You must know everything? How aren't you a Dev yet? Oh wait because you want everything to be easy. Please just stop making suggestions. If the Developers want to change things, they will. Constantly trying to argue your point and using metaphors such as 

"If I give someone 3 meals to eat a week, and another person 30 meals to eat a week, who is hungrier?" 

Doesnt help your case, especially when its moronic. No longer worth the effort to pause my Netflix to read your idiotic comments.

Still salty over that lol? 

This is a good idea, and most intelligent people will realize it.

9 hours ago, Dpatt711 said:

We should just add unlimited sprint and try having Red-Gulls serve another purpose (Like reducing weapon sway slightly). It's kind of like having to eat food and drink. It's a chore but doesn't really contribute to the quality of game-play in any significant manner.

I give you probably the most respectful answer you will probably get.

Drinking to remove stamina is a money sink, albeit a small one it gets rid of anywhere from 750-2000$ per life depending on the player. It is an advantage you can get by simply stopping by the market. This also means doing tasks that require running such as gathering drugs require you to invest (Even if its not that much) to reach maximum efficiency.

It is a thing that fits in with rp, provides a simple way to restore your drink stat and gain a benefit and is so simple I don't anybody would want any kind of dev time wasted on altering it to have a different use.

It may be a simple task you have to do every 3 minutes but It could be worse. Think of suggestions that would effect the quality of gameplay significantly. You mentioned the fact of why it was originally introduced, I would agree with you if it was more expensive or far less convenient because it had such an impact in combat before.

I like the need for redgull forgetting to buy some could be the difference between getting away.

Hopefully since this basically wraps all the people who will just say "no fuck off" in to one bubble so you don't need to start fights over the internet. 

Less drama more RP.

Edited by Legit
Eric916 likes this
10 hours ago, Dpatt711 said:

giphy.gif 

1 hour ago, Legit said:

I give you probably the most respectful answer you will probably get.

Drinking to remove stamina is a money sink, albeit a small one it gets rid of anywhere from 750-2000$ per life depending on the player. It is an advantage you can get by simply stopping by the market. This also means doing tasks that require running such as gathering drugs require you to invest (Even if its not that much) to reach maximum efficiency.

It is a thing that fits in with rp, provides a simple way to restore your drink stat and gain a benefit and is so simple I don't anybody would want any kind of dev time wasted on altering it to have a different use.

It may be a simple task you have to do every 3 minutes but It could be worse. Think of suggestions that would effect the quality of gameplay significantly. You mentioned the fact of why it was originally introduced, I would agree with you if it was more expensive or far less convenient because it had such an impact in combat before.

I like the need for redgull forgetting to buy some could be the difference between getting away.

Hopefully since this basically wraps all the people who will just say "no fuck off" in to one bubble so you don't need to start fights over the internet. 

Less drama more RP.

The fact of the matter is, you want to give people the best game-play possible, while still maintaining a balance. Unlimited sprint would improve quality-of-life and definitely not upset the careful balance. I understand the arguments that Red Gull should be kept as a combat-improving money sink. Reduction to weapon sway would definitely fill that role. It wouldn't even need to be 100% like it used to be for so long (And nobody complained then). As for wasted dev time, I would volunteer to do it, but it's literally so simple it'd be more effort to transfer a file than for them to change the two lines of code (Literally it'd just be changing 'player enableFatigue' to 'player setCustomAimCoef') themselves.  

Let's face it, you people have blown this thing out of proportion. It would not ruin combat, ruin the economy, or ruin core gameplay mechanics. It's a relatively inconsequential change that would just make people enjoy the game a little bit more. I guarantee that if they implemented this for a month, we'd find that the change was small, but positive. 

Edited by Dpatt711