Combat Logging Bounty Targets

Hi everyone my in game nickname is Pvt.Angrybird and i play as bounty hunter on Tanoa server. I played atleast 100 hours on asylum tanoa server and the thing is its not fun anymore. Im trying to make organised bounty hunting with my 6 friends. %80 of our targets are combat logging or droping their connection when they got caught. I started to report them but in last 2 days i wasted all my gaming time with report video uploads and making forum threads. I added some combat log videos to this topic but Admin named 'Rodrigo' said its not ok to show rule breaking people on suggestion section so heres my suggestion only...

My suggestion is we need a game mechanic like, 

- If you log out while downed/restrained - when you logged back youll lose all gear and stay in jail 45 min. 

also i played as rebel for a while and i know how harsh that can be for players if their game crashes for real. And that would be a problem because of toxic bounty hunters. They would have an ability to keep people for no reason etc.  Here is my other suggestion.

- Add a new bounty hunter item as advanced zipties( If you are restrained with this tie and if you log off or drop your connection youll get in jail for 45 mins after rejoin ) 

- Make this new ziptie item unlockable/useable with honor point perks ( atleast 30k Honor points ) So  toxic/troll players wouldn't have their hands on that item or they can not share the item with others ( Also it should be able to use only against your bounty target not random people )

- If a Bounty Hunter abuses that ties and leaves his for example 3k bounty  target at  remote island or some rooftop. He must get a BAN from bounty hunting and lose acceess all bounty hunter equipments. ( its much easier to prevent trolling and abusement of few people than giving everyone a chance to use combat logging as a feature and ruin all experience for many players ) 

I love bounty hunter role. ıts the only complex role on the server needs tactics and teamplay. I dont like robbing, randomly killing other players or fighting against a 15 man clan who has unlimited money and resources for a stupid gang area.  Bounty hunting is really fun with decent players. But toxic people ruining the experience and acting like crybabies. I have 4500+ hours on ARMA 3 i killed enough people on various mods i just want to play on decent Rp server with no Super Hardcore Rules. I love the Asylum's game mechanics and features. So i hope that suggestions helps to improve the gameplay experience. Feel free to discuss and add your ideas to topic. 

Have fun :) 

Edited by angrybird

I reported 4 people today and 2 of them were in the server with no ban i wonder what is the punishment of combat logging ? 

We need that system or 7/24 active admins ( which is impossible imo. ) or heavier punishments for combat loggers.

Its easier to prevent trolls and toxic players they would be few but everyone has a chance to use combat log. I believe thats even bigger problem Troll bounty hunters can always get a ban from bounty hunting  ill add that to my post  And i suggest you to read the post again. It can be used only against bounty targets not random people...

Edited by angrybird

@angrybird Recording and reporting is the only solution to this problem. 
If they added a form of punishment e.g. jail upon disconnecting in restraints just like cop restraints the opportunity for abuse is huge.  
Think about this, I down and restrain you because i feel like your annoying me or i just feel like being a jerk. You then cannot Disconnect because you will end up in jail/ get punished. I repeatedly down/ restrain you until restart or you rage quit. 
Even adding an honour limit to this wouldn't make any difference since people who unlock it would still abuse it. Cops are white-listed and trusted to have this level of power bounty hunters are not. 

I completely agree about abusing then there is 2 options. 

- White listed Bounty hunters ( Would be bad and hard to track )

- Removal of bounty hunting system ( Which is the best gameplay idea (BountyHunters) ive ever seen in a RP server to make a balance between rebels and cops )

This is really annoying almost everyone in server who has 100k+ bounty combat logs instanty when they figured out they gonna end up in jail because of bounty hunter. Me and my friends wasted 6 hours in last 3 days to track and locate players driving/ flying all across the map. And all of them logged out or dropped connection in purpose to prevent losing. I reported all of them and they are still playing on this server. Also i wasted 3 hours rendering and uploading videos for report section. 

What should we do on this servers buy rebel license and start 'hands up or die' bullshit and ruin other's game experience ? 

I added this to my suggestion by the way

- If a Bounty Hunter abuses that ties and leaves his for example 3k bounty  target at  remote island or some rooftop. He must get a BAN from bounty hunting and lose acceess all bounty hunter equipments. ( its much easier to prevent trolling and abusement of few people than giving everyone a chance to use combat logging as a feature and ruin all experience for many players ) 

Well when you're in Police restraints and you disconnect you go to jail for your bounty time not automatically 45 minutes, it shouldn't apply for the same way for BH cause it's not a white listed and controlled group of people, any idiot can be a BH and start abusing BH(As they already do) I do believe though that there needs to a punishment of some sort for having this, or at least have admins comp the bounty hunters that report said player for combat logging. Their reasoning i believe for it not already being comp-able is that it would intorudce money into the economy that shouldn't have been there. But it should have been there, and they only comp you if the player DC's at the court house. 

I think a good way to solve this issue is to have admins comp the person who reported them, ban the reported player if it's legit and also have a script where the player is still in restraints after they reconnect for the full  duration time(10 mins) of inactivity.

8 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

Well when you're in Police restraints and you disconnect you go to jail for your bounty time not automatically 45 minutes, it shouldn't apply for the same way for BH cause it's not a white listed and controlled group of people, any idiot can be a BH and start abusing BH(As they already do) I do believe though that there needs to a punishment of some sort for having this, or at least have admins comp the bounty hunters that report said player for combat logging. Their reasoning i believe for it not already being comp-able is that it would intorudce money into the economy that shouldn't have been there. But it should have been there, and they only comp you if the player DC's at the court house. 

I think a good way to solve this issue is to have admins comp the person who reported them, ban the reported player if it's legit and also have a script where the player is still in restraints after they reconnect for the full  duration time(10 mins) of inactivity.

Admins cant comp bounty hunters for bounty's that CL.  Think about it, 100K Bounty CL's on bountyhunter1 logs back in and CL's on another bountyhunter and replicates this over and over. How many bounty hunters will be filing comps for that same 100K ? 4,5,6 different people ? Flooding the economy this way would be stupid and just as easily exploited as bounty boosting. (Same group all comps the same bounty).
CL's suck but recording and reporting will most likely remain the only way to get rid of those type of people. Yes some get away with warnings for their 1st offence but if they dont learn and do it again they wont get let off without a significant ban as a repeat offender.

Comping people seems fair but not very sensible in the long run :) 

Edited by Thomas

@Cassettes  You are right about punishment. But if they have comped me like for every combat logger id have millions !!! so thats not a real solution. They usually DC at first contact while they downed or after they got restrained. Comp. at couthouse is not very common if they were not in the city. thanks for the message anyways :)

@Thomas  ı lost 100k s of money because of this even i dont want a total comp for that. I agree people would abuse that. So im just asking why they are getting just warnings. If they know that they must be like ' Oh fuck it this is my first/second time i wont be banned also ill get away   ( THE BASIC IDEA IS WORKING IN GAME SYSTEM ) i believe noone wants to waste his gaming time by reporting players or waiting in comp line. thanks for discussing and sharing ideas :) 

You complain of combat logging on you but when you had encountered me there was absolutely no initiation what so ever. That right there is your first problem. There is also a feature you must use when playing as a bounty hunter and that is addressing yourself and showing your badge to potential bounties. The least you can do is call your bounty on the phone and tell them that you have their bounty and are coming for them. That way you have a better chance of claiming your bounties.

@Whitewolf Lol i didnt downed you my friend did after your initiation to me remember? i can send that part of the video youre calling me with your phone and telling me put my rifle to ground.. Then my friend downed you so you combat logged as we arrived at courthouse. Heres the link what you have done...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orEzDiK7yLI  

You lost a situation you started. Also what is the point of texting your target ? so he can relog and lose him as target  ? 

for a last thing youre not an admin of this server if you have any problem with someone about breaking rules report them like i did. You have no right to punish people with combat logging and trying to kill them by relogging. 

@Whitewolf I wont answer you again because youre just a cry baby abusing some mechanics and giving others hard time. If you have a problem about me or others just record and post a report. We got you legit ways i was killed because of completely another player(RDMer). While youre telling me to drop my weapons myfriend was already there looking for you man. we dont have to innitiate you again in that situation. please stop looking at the rules at your expense...

@Whitewolf look im sorry if i offended you but im really tired of this everyone i mean everyone in  the server who has 30k+ bounty doing the same thing and getting away with that.

I actually liked how you called with your phone and caught me on that stairs and forced me to surrender that was coolest thing a rebel did to me in this server. They are usually shooting with no warning and no reason. I was really angry about how you logged out and relogged to kill us also we have lost 120k money instantly.  We are  not robbing or randomly killing people on the server. If you have tried to make some RP like ive spared your life etc. i would keep your gun and equipment to lose and give them back after you left jail. Ive done that before several times to not hurt people that much. So see you too

Edited by angrybird

On Olympus cops and bounty hunters have the option to arrest someone who combat logs on them. Not 100% sure how it works, but if a player disconnects a skull appears and the player is given the chance to arrest you even tho you disconnected.  Would love to see something like this on Asylum.

Edited by HotWings
On 8/19/2016 at 7:37 PM, Cassettes said:

No once I hade a 100k at courhouse he logged and sayed oh sorry evean thouth you where near the courthouse you only showed a screenshot so sorry! (I was in the garage in truck shop.... in kavala

U think bounty hunters are the only ones that people cl on? Ive filed many reports while playing cop. I do not feel BH needs anything added for them. I myself hate bounty hunters. At least a cop will deal with u right at the mining field and let u go along with ur work. Bounty hunters come along and u lose all ur work and they chop ur car. I feel a bounty hunter is someone that can't make it on cop because they have to follow rules and role play with someone that has a bounty. Yes I have had stupid cops hold me for 15 min over a speeding ticket and I reported him and a Lt said no action taken. The cop even shot out my tire and left me. How is that even fair? Yes I know who u are and I'm going to summit the report to higher up then the Lt