Give more incentive to be a medic

Reviving people being the only way medics get money has basically forced all medics to stagnate in Kavala. there is really no incentive for medics to go outside Kavala and, well, help people. Adding extra fees to medics that go the distance would give medics incentive to invest in helicopters and to travel outside of Kavala. The $800 per revive regardless of the distance just makes medics follow gangs around when they shoot people, adding repairing fees would also give medics incentive to go out and help those who thought buying a sport hatchback was a good idea.

6 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Already exists; and yet Medics are still sitting in Kavala.

They have 5 minutes, but nothing fast enough to get to them. Medic Helicopters are stupid expensive and they always get shot out after reviving said person so no matter what, they are losing money.

Sportshatchbacks will solve some of the issues with medics leaving Kavala because you can cover decent ground in less then 5 minutes with them.

Donald and Cougar. like this
23 minutes ago, GraduateArc8298 said:

Reviving people being the only way medics get money has basically forced all medics to stagnate in Kavala. there is really no incentive for medics to go outside Kavala and, well, help people. Adding extra fees to medics that go the distance would give medics incentive to invest in helicopters and to travel outside of Kavala. The $800 per revive regardless of the distance just makes medics follow gangs around when they shoot people, adding repairing fees would also give medics incentive to go out and help those who thought buying a sport hatchback was a good idea.

I think it would be cool if medics got payed for giving blood transfusions, splints, and repairing vehicles. And yes they should also have access to sport hatchbacks and make more than 800$ per revive.

I think playing medic should be a huge cash grab the further you go. Maybe make it so you cant shoot a medic on sight unless hes told to do something and refuses.

I really like how medics are used in RP servers , but its hard to implement the same thing in a soft RP place where most people would exploit the extra cash incentives in ways unintended by design

The 5 minute timer is what kills it, as a medic what you have to do is arrive with good distance away from the scene so you can scout and make sure its clear, once you can confirm it is clear you are good to land your heli or move closer with a vehicle and revive the victim, this is practically impossible with just 5 minutes, with only 5 minutes you basically only have time to rush in and try to revive the victim therefore leading to your death 90% of the time, a 10 minute timer would definitely motivate me personally to fly out to people around the map rather than staying in big cities where shit is going down and people are dying.

tldr:

If you leave kavala to revive you end up getting shot 90% of the time. So give us more time to make sure its clear

Edited by RiverThrough
Just now, Sugarfoot said:

I think playing medic should be a huge cash grab the further you go. Maybe make it so you cant shoot a medic on sight unless hes told to do something and refuses.

I really like how medics are used in RP servers , but its hard to implement the same thing in a soft RP place where most people would exploit the extra cash incentives in ways unintended by design

Yeah, perhaps medic heilos could be removed and sport hatchbacks added so people can't fly end to end of the map for quick cash.

Just now, GraduateArc8298 said:

Yeah, perhaps medic heilos could be removed and sport hatchbacks added so people can't fly end to end of the map for quick cash.

I would say extend the duration that a player can be revieved to the following : 5 mins for player defib, 10 mins for medic.

Then implement a factor where the distance gets more cash for the medic (Gnashes said this is already a thing idk)

Then implement some rules so they aren't just shot as much. Its a softcore RP so it would have to do a little brain storming for the ins and outs

Lastly they should have a much better talent system and set of vehicles for use and maybe even a medic dispatch channel for them. 

Maybe even share profits and medics can work as a team

so ive started to be a medic more now because i have more fun in it then I did as a civ, since 9/10 id just be executed or whatever, but thats asylum. Something i saw further up the thread was that we get more money for more distances we go. Just yesterday i went 13k in a heli to revive someone and im pretty sure that i still just got 800. So id love some clarification. Also is there a thread where i can read the rules for the medic? Ive looked in the rules section and cant find it.