Sofia Rebel - Concept

Should they add a Sofia Rebel?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should they add a Sofia Rebel?

• Yes
    • No

As for the original point of the thread:  

We feel that 3 rebels outposts is the correct number for the map given the population cap of 100 players currently.  If that cap were 200, then maybe having another rebel would make sense.  

The more sensible option might be to move the Pyrgos one between Sofia and Pyrgos somehow instead of putting one all the way up in Sofia proper.

Quenton, Goofy and Google™ like this
15 minutes ago, bamf said:

I'm confused how spawning in Sofia and driving 5km then flying 8km to Ghost hotel will spur more action there when Spawning in Athira and driving 4km and then flying 7km hasn't done so yet...

My point wasn't really so people would go to the cartel. I was just thinking it could be a good start to an expansion in the east. I hardly ever go past DP14 unless I'm on cop. Maybe some new drug areas (2nd meth lab?) or cartels could be added. Just all ideas of course ;)

Edited by Quenton
11 minutes ago, bamf said:

I'm confused how spawning in Sofia and driving 5km then flying 8km to Ghost hotel will spur more action there when Spawning in Athira and driving 4km and then flying 7km hasn't done so yet...

True, but something needs to change because nobody wants to fight on the entire north side of the map. To me, it seems the problem is bounty hunters rule athira and people are afraid to spawn there after they die at the cartel. Maybe you can think about adding little town locations similar to donor but add in limitations like a timer or something like that. 

5 hours ago, bamf said:

Make the cartel generate more money based on the location. Make meth/OG generate less (or the same), and say... East/Heroin/Coke generate more revenue. This gives incentive for the owners to attack it when someone begins contesting. 

9 minutes ago, Axe said:

Make the cartel generate more money based on the location. Make meth/OG generate less (or the same), and say... East/Heroin/Coke generate more revenue. This gives incentive for the owners to attack it when someone begins contesting. 

The amount of dirty money generated by the cartels is already appalling. It really is now wonder that people don't do dtug runs anymore given the amount of dirty money that is just created every day as it is. 

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
7 hours ago, Quenton said:

Well I'd say the least used rebel is Pyrgos for sure. But obviously I have no say I just thought i'd throw this idea out their

there is no cartels over there anyways and the fucking boat spawn is fucking ass away no one wants to drive there then boat all the way to fucking church or east with sofia you have ghost hotel and oil maybe you can add another cartel zone over there it will keep all the shit from being in mid bottom of the map and provide an extra fight place or even add Another arms location that isn't on that island ... just a idea

4 hours ago, bamf said:

The amount of dirty money generated by the cartels is already appalling. It really is now wonder that people don't do dtug runs anymore given the amount of dirty money that is just created every day as it is. 

The problem is is that the same amount of money is generated on a full server, as is a server with 30 players. People who play late/early US hours, make an absurd amount of money. There is also no way for the income to be ceased entirely. 5.0, if no one was processing drugs, you didn't make really jack shit. There was incentive for gangs to let people run drugs in return for money. With the passively compounding money, even on an empty server you can get rich. And on a full server, you can rob everyone and still get rich. 

Add a way for police to intervene and affect how much money is generated passively, or add conditions the rebels need meet to make X amount of money. Scale it based on server pop. 

People have been looking for something where NATO defends, add something that interrupts cartel money for 30-45min. Cops defend X location/do X activity. Im completed, cartel money is not generated for X amount of time. Or make it when cops seize items from vehicles, it takes money from cartels. While that suggestion doesn't make sense from a realism standpoint, it sure is a balance standpoint. 

Edited by Axe
11 hours ago, Haych said:

You don't really need to replace one. Add a couple more illegal activities to that side of the map to get use out of it. Currently the Sofia side of the map gets used for nothing. Asylum can do with a map change to keep things fresh tbh, shuffle most of the sites around, they've been the same for how long now? Only things that need to stay the same is Cartels and inner city locations.

Map shuffle is a nice way of keeping the server fresh without putting a lot of time into coding new features.

+1 I agree with that statement