Increased hard restarts

Would you support an increase in hard restarts to combat memory related issues?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support an increase in hard restarts to combat memory related issues?

3 hours ago, Olio said:

Honestly hard restarts are not going to solve the mass kicks. I've noticed a few times mass kicks happen and the memory not being all that high. Personally (with zero development experience or knowledge of its feasability) think they should switch a server over to a test server and break the mission file down to its roots and slowly add features over time to monitor what's triggering it. That's just me but again I don't know it's feasability, but I can tell you we as staff are as frustrated as you.

Eh they would have to outsource it to people to play it i would think, sometimes things don't break (especially in arma) until its used on a wide scale. for a few people it may work great like group chat in the old days, but add a few more people in the mix and you are flying all over everyones screen. Again from a lack of development perspective, thats how i see things and maybe thats why we are having such a hard time figuring it out.

2 hours ago, Tyler said:

Eh they would have to outsource it to people to play it i would think, sometimes things don't break (especially in arma) until its used on a wide scale. for a few people it may work great like group chat in the old days, but add a few more people in the mix and you are flying all over everyones screen. Again from a lack of development perspective, thats how i see things and maybe thats why we are having such a hard time figuring it out.

Just do announced testing. Be like OK, friday at xx PM we will test for 2 hours, free guns etc to everyone. Have everyone just spawn tons of vehicles and go nuts. Keep going until you find patch that breaks

Tyler and Haych like this
24 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

Just do announced testing. Be like OK, friday at xx PM we will test for 2 hours, free guns etc to everyone. Have everyone just spawn tons of vehicles and go nuts. Keep going until you find patch that breaks

sounds like a plan but also from what Gnashes said the code for Asylum is a COMPLETE MESS. So im sure they will have fun finding everything and maybe organizing it and labeling it haha.

14 hours ago, Manolo said:

there is no memory issue anymore with the 64 bit patch.

I have not once been kicked for memory leak issue.. only server mass kicks and its very rare that I happens now.

I can vogue.

I haven't gotten kicked in a few weeks tbh. Maybe I just have great timing with it so I'm not on when it happens, but I get a solid ~20 hours a week in and haven't experienced the mass kicks like they used to be. It's weird.   *knocks on wood*

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been said before or not,and after looking thru quite a few threads regarding the mass kicks....Could it be the asylum exchange? from my understanding its not even a thing atm,its just there,after chatting with a couple members from gang the timeline of the kicking issues seem to match up pretty close give or take a month or 2.

15 minutes ago, DankBud said:

Not sure if this has been said before or not,and after looking thru quite a few threads regarding the mass kicks....Could it be the asylum exchange? from my understanding its not even a thing atm,its just there,after chatting with a couple members from gang the timeline of the kicking issues seem to match up pretty close give or take a month or 2.

The exchange is disabled as in the commented out the code. It cannot be the asylum exchange if it is not being called or used at all.