Jailing Suggestion

Just now, Bilal Battu said:

Or even better in the instances when you RP for 15+ minutes only for the cop to say he doesn't believe you and gives you a full ticket or sends you to jail. Now sure if you RP is shit it's shit but don't lead me on for 15+ minutes then tell me that you don't believe me. Jerk offs.

Isn't it a bit early to be drunk, Bilal? 

Edited by epTic
Just now, Bilal Battu said:

Or even better in the instances when you RP for 15+ minutes only for the cop to say he doesn't believe you and gives you a full ticket or sends you to jail. Now sure if you RP is shit it's shit but don't lead me on for 15+ minutes then tell me that you don't believe me. Jerk offs.

:salt:

10 minutes ago, Bilal Battu said:

Has jail not been fun lately?

I've given up on the APD, they just play the game to shoot people and make money. Half the kids in the APD were people from the mega gangs that just play cop now to beat the group cap and make way more money than they ever did on civ. 

Anyone ever wonder why almost every single cop is selling ingame currency for USD? With many millions in reserve?  (I should have said every single good cop, cops like Hotwings spend all their money in loadouts apparently lol, but he also spends all his time sucking higherup dick so he obviously doesn't have the time to put into the game to actually get good) 

Now when I get arrested unless it's one out of the 50 cops that are actually good, I tell them to fuck off and send me to jail so I can get my friends to go to my trial. 

I'd like to see tracers removed entirely considering almost no one in the APD even wants to RP, they just want their pay check and they want the situation under control and dealt with so they can go shoot at the next group of people.

Rifles don't shoot non lethal rounds, give rebels 7.62's tracers or get rid of them entirely. 

The APD obviously needs a huge reform, All captains /  officers removed, Admins take over the APD completely and rewrite everything. But nothing will be done because 100/100 ppl still log on to shoot at eachother everyday.

RP is dead, there are still a couple officers that actually play to have fun and talk to people, but most just log on to play Rambo.

Hypanius, higherups, you guys really need to stop thinking of suggestions that'll ruin the game, and start working towards making the game fun again. Your comment on "the apd used to be feared" made me laugh, almost every time I play civ there's 8+ hardcore rebels (Synergy, NV, Rebel department, Evil corp, ect) on cop slots just looking for people to shoot and robocop for dat $ to sell for real money. 

Edited by Chapo
Steve, Jason, Robbo and 1 other like this

As a Sgt in the APD, This is a huge -1 from me, I play a lot of civ, as-well as cop. Honestly this thread has baffled me to be honest. I don't run guns. I do on the other hand make money while I am on civ to buy my loadouts, the admins have put things in place aka the Alcohol to make the server more fun and have more variety and not just running drugs 24/7. Now rebels are rebels for a reason, we pay 30k for a load out (all about them grenades) but if my ticket is below 35k which it normally is as you know I always try and RP and get my ticket lower unless I get Robocopped as Budbringer said on page 1 I am going to jail to try and get out by people going to my trial, I don't see how we should loose more money for having it in the bank when we have to actually make our money to fight Cartels, Gang Wars, Turfs it's not just about fighting the cops all the time... 

Alot of the police force in this thread disagree with this whole post... I do to...

Final note, the ticketing system works, Don't break something that isn't already broken.

Jason, Reavantos and Steve like this

They don't sell it on the forums, they sell it in Asylum Teamspeak, private teamspeaks, or offer ingame. Plenty of constables / sgts / LTs sell ingame currency. That's just how the APD/game works now, there's not even a rule against it. Anyone who says the APD isn't just a cash cow doesn't know what they're talking about. A good group of players can make way more money on cop than they could on civ.

Edited by Chapo
On 1/25/2016 at 8:48 AM, Budbringer said:

Then the issue is that what you did was wrong. Why would you land a ghosthawk on top of the bank with a bunch of dudes there? Why didnt you have a strider take over light tower first, so they can supress roof with 2 dudes, and have 6 people charge the bank from backdoor and the rest dropped off from the ghosthawk behind all the vents, so the people on the roof cant shoot them? You see, I can counter you also, your tactic wasnt very thought out. Maybe get a better pilot to fly the GH

Ok Bud, I'm sorry, but did you just say you can land in any way at the bank and not be shot out. I mean, I can't even post here what I would say to someone that stated that in a TS channel with me. Wanna talk bank? 

There you go bud, you need the knowledge, maybe this is why Paratus hasn't changed the bank's balance issues yet, even an admin doesn't know how to combat it properly and he's probably being fed misinformation.

Edited by Dust Runner
Cre likes this
On 1/25/2016 at 10:02 AM, HotWings said:

How does it make cops OP? Cops are not OP at all, we lose 80% of engagements.  

I dont think 50% should be taken, maybe a 5-10% fee would be more reasonable. 

Yall lose 80% of engagements cause yall suck, that ain't out fault. We shouldn't be having to pay and go bankrupt cause yall got shit aim. Wouldn't make cops OP, would just make em rich and us bankrupt, thats how the cops become OP, they finally have a chance since all we got is pistols.

On 1/25/2016 at 10:11 AM, Hypanius said:

You see this is a conversation, did not call me retarded.

What I put forward was just the idea, does not have to be 50%, could be 10%, could be 5%, could be w/e is best.  The problem right now is people will not pay their tickets and there is no penalty of going to jail except just that, jail with many chances to get out.  Guy has 500K in his bank and wont pay a damn 15K ticket for killing 3 cops.  Sending him to jail will just put money in the market out of thin air.  I have a suggestion regarding cop income which I put forward before.

Okay, well rebels are just that, rebels. All cops really have to pay for is there daily gear, yes yall might lose it allot but with the guns you walk around with, I doubt its anything to expensive, but I could be wrong. My point is, rebels pay a shit ton for there gear, everytime they go to jail they lose that stuff they shouldnt have to pay more money because they went to jail, and then buy there whole loadout again. Maybe im the only one dumb enough to spend all his money on guns but I could spend 50k easily per loadout, plus I just lost 50k on my original loadout, and I just spent time in jail. That's penalty enough my friend.

2 hours ago, Chapo said:

I've given up on the APD, they just play the game to shoot people and make money. Half the kids in the APD were people from the mega gangs that just play cop now to beat the group cap and make way more money than they ever did on civ. 

Anyone ever wonder why almost every single cop is selling ingame currency for USD? With many millions in reserve?  (I should have said every single good cop, cops like Hotwings spend all their money in loadouts apparently lol, but he also spends all his time sucking higherup dick so he obviously doesn't have the time to put into the game to actually get good) 

Now when I get arrested unless it's one out of the 500 cops that are actually good, I tell them to fuck off and send me to jail so I can get my friends to go to my trial. 

I'd like to see tracers removed entirely considering almost no one in the APD even wants to RP, they just want their pay check and they want the situation under control.

Rifles don't shoot non lethal rounds, give rebels 7.62's tracers or get rid of them entirely. 

The APD obviously needs a huge reform, All captains /  officers removed, Admins take over the APD completely and rewrite everything. But nothing will be done because 100/100 ppl still log on to shoot at eachother everyday.

RP is dead, there are still a couple officers that actually play to have fun and talk to people, but most just log on to play Rambo. Cops RDM me more than civs do now. 

Hypanius, higherups, you guys really need to stop thinking of suggestions that'll ruin the game, and start working towards making the game fun again. Your comment on "the apd used to be feared" made me laugh, almost every time I play civ there's 8+ hardcore rebels (Synergy, NV, Rebel department, Evil corp, ect) on cop slots just looking for people to shoot and robocop for dat $. 

I'm biased since I've only been on the server for a few days, your right about the APD being dead and them just wanting to situation to be under control and not caring for the RP aspect, can't say that for all the cops. I've never been RDM'ed by a cop though, for the 4-5 days ive been on I can't even count the amount of times players RDM me, I consider it RDM, they may not. I've had randoms walk up behind and shoot me without talking that's def RDM. Today someone told me to put my hands up, then he shot me anyway....I guess he kinda role played, but the rules are supposed to be that if I follow what he asks he continues RP, he had no reason to kill me I was no threat. Anyway - Im just venting at this point, I do agree the APD needs some reforming, though I haven't ever seen them shoot someone for no reason, though I've seen dozens of people come up and just start shooting cops without saying anything. I wish the roleplay was a bit more serious.

Only if cops were force to pay 15k every time they die, then a suggestion like this would be fair.

7 hours ago, DeVo said:

Its despicable. Ruins the game and destroys the economy for all the new players.  (Even though there is a money cap.)

It's nearly impossible to prove.  It's not near the issue as it use to be because of the money cap but it does suck people buy money.  It happens on tons of games though, it's just the way some people are.

Steve likes this
7 hours ago, Dust Runner said:

Ok Bud, I'm sorry, but did you just say you can land in any way at the bank and not be shot out. I mean, I can't even post here what I would say to someone that stated that in a TS channel with me. Wanna talk bank? 

There you go bud, you need the knowledge, maybe this is why Paratus hasn't changed the bank's balance issues yet, even an admin doesn't know how to combat it properly and he's probably being fed misinformation.

Last couple of banks I have done as cop we have won. It is hard, yes I have even asked Paratus to change it up a little, but that you state that you cant land there without getting shot out is completely wrong. You should probably let someone else fly your chopper the next time. Yesterday I saw Rodrigo land a hummingbird behind the rocks at lighthouse and killed 2 dudes there. If you cant even post what you would have said to someone that suggest a valid option. Also you given me a link to your opinion(I have yet to read the post, not at my computer right now) as "knowledge" when you are clearly lacking it yourself is very meh

Rodrigo and Steve like this
On 1/25/2016 at 6:44 AM, Hypanius said:

Lets be real, if you are wanted for enough, you are not going to pay a tickets regardless. My suggestion is to still punish these individuals who are rich enough to pay the ticket but will still refuse because fuck the police.  With what comes next is they sit in jail with multiple chances to get out.  

What I suggest is if the person is sent to jail and has 1.5 (150%) of that ticket amount in their bank, then 50% of the ticket they refused to pay is automatically taken out of their bank as a refused payment penalty.  That automatic takeout will also be reflected on their bail and time spent in jail.

Examples:
Wanted: 100K
Bank: 150K+
Penalty for not paying: 50K
Resulting bail: 50K

Wanted: 10K
Bank: 15K+
Penalty forn ot paying: 5K
Resulting bail: 5K

Problems I could see from this varies.  For instance what if bounty hunters turn you in?  Is it still deducted out of your bank?  If it could be coded I would say no due to the individual not being sent to jail by the police and not getting chance to pay a ticket.  Also the police have those pesky straight to jail charges.  Damn those cops.

Thoughts?

df87c1e3afbf9407794c92320b440305.png

On 1/25/2016 at 10:27 AM, HotWings said:

Cops lose a 7-12k loadout just for walking down the street.  The argument that rebels lose money for being arrested is pretty worn at this point.  Cops lose just as much money with no way to make their own weapons and cut their load out cost to basically nothing.  They lose that gear at a rate much higher than rebels as well.  Hence why you see cops returning with shit weapons after losing 5-6 loadouts in the last hour.

Rebels can't stay in cities for more than 5 minutes without people trying to kill them. I'm at war with almost every gang on my server. someone sees me in  any city and they make a B-Line for the gun store for a rook to shoot me in the back of the head. I agree that cops die more often than rebels, but not at a much higher rate.

On 1/25/2016 at 9:44 AM, Hypanius said:

Lets be real, if you are wanted for enough, you are not going to pay a tickets regardless. My suggestion is to still punish these individuals who are rich enough to pay the ticket but will still refuse because fuck the police.  With what comes next is they sit in jail with multiple chances to get out.  

What I suggest is if the person is sent to jail and has 1.5 (150%) of that ticket amount in their bank, then 50% of the ticket they refused to pay is automatically taken out of their bank as a refused payment penalty.  That automatic takeout will also be reflected on their bail and time spent in jail.

Examples:
Wanted: 100K
Bank: 150K+
Penalty for not paying: 50K
Resulting bail: 50K

Wanted: 10K
Bank: 15K+
Penalty forn ot paying: 5K
Resulting bail: 5K

Problems I could see from this varies.  For instance what if bounty hunters turn you in?  Is it still deducted out of your bank?  If it could be coded I would say no due to the individual not being sent to jail by the police and not getting chance to pay a ticket.  Also the police have those pesky straight to jail charges.  Damn those cops.

Thoughts?

Maybe this has already been suggested, I haven't gone through all the comments, but this is what I thought of. What about this system, but with a cap of say like 100k? So if your bounty is 100k, you lose 15% of that, 15k, from your bank account. 100k is the cap though! so if his bounty was 200k he would still only lose 15k. if the bounty was lower than 100k it would be 15% percent of that. With the 100k cap I think 15% is a solid number. thoughts?

1 hour ago, Shepurd said:

Rebels can't stay in cities for more than 5 minutes without people trying to kill them. I'm at war with almost every gang on my server. someone sees me in  any city and they make a B-Line for the gun store for a rook to shoot me in the back of the head. I agree that cops die more often than rebels, but not at a much higher rate.

Why would you chill in town for 5 min with valuable gear? :P

1 hour ago, Shepurd said:

Maybe this has already been suggested, I haven't gone through all the comments, but this is what I thought of. What about this system, but with a cap of say like 100k? So if your bounty is 100k, you lose 15% of that, 15k, from your bank account. 100k is the cap though! so if his bounty was 200k he would still only lose 15k. if the bounty was lower than 100k it would be 15% percent of that. With the 100k cap I think 15% is a solid number. thoughts?

That is not to bad of suggestion, but I dont think you should lose money from going to jail. This will hurt the little guy too much, the new guys who are wanted for not a lot, doesnt really have a lot of cash and get busted doing cocaine(or something like that) already wanted for a store robbery or something. They usually have a bank account of less then 25k and would lose way too much

Sergio, Shepurd and Defconik like this
52 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

Why would you chill in town for 5 min with valuable gear? :P

Good point xD

52 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

That is not to bad of suggestion, but I dont think you should lose money from going to jail. This will hurt the little guy too much, the new guys who are wanted for not a lot, doesnt really have a lot of cash and get busted doing cocaine(or something like that) already wanted for a store robbery or something. They usually have a bank account of less then 25k and would lose way too much

This just made me think of another idea! Maybe some gets their bounty above a certain point, maybe 100, 200, maybe 300k, they become a high value target? Being a high value target means 5% of your bounty is taken from your bank. not many of the newer people on asylum get a bounty that high. Just an idea. not fully thought out. if anyone has something to add to it go ahead.