Whats the Point of Hit and Run Charge when You get Banned for VDM

Im not talkin about using your car to hit other cars..

im talkin about running some one over , and driving away. 

that shouldnt be a bannable offence.

thats asylum.. I see people do it all the time lol 

why should one get banned just because it was recorded when no harm was done to the victim other than laying on the ground for a couple seconds

why should soo many others get away with it just because it wasn't recorded?

and im not butthurt because I didnt get banned for it.

I am just curious 

flame me as hard as you can if you wish.. I wont be affected by your insults.

give a decent answer and ill appreciate it 

Do not Vehicle Deathmatch (VDM)

VDM is using your vehicle as an OFFENSIVE weapon.

Dropping a sling loaded vehicle from a helicopter to intentionally kill a player or cause destruction by "bombing" them is also considered VDM, and is not allowed.

Armored Vehicles may be used in an offensive manner against ONLY other armored vehicles. (Strider/Hunter/Ifrit) due to the difficulty in stopping those types of vehicles

You may hit a player with your vehicle only if they are firing at you, and blocking your direct path of travel. You may not maneuver to intentionally hit a player

So the last sentence. You may not maneuver to hit someone. Soo the only way you can get a hit and run charge is when using it to protect yourself when being shot at, but he also needs to be blocking my path? Or is that if a player is standing in front of my car and won't move? 

Edited by Deathslug
Chan Wong likes this
28 minutes ago, Deathslug said:

Im not talkin about using your car to hit other cars..

im talkin about running some one over , and driving away. 

that shouldnt be a bannable offence.

thats asylum.. I see people do it all the time lol 

why should one get banned just because it was recorded when no harm was done to the victim other than laying on the ground for a couple seconds

why should soo many others get away with it just because it wasn't recorded?

and im not butthurt because I didnt get banned for it.

I am just curious 

flame me as hard as you can if you wish.. I wont be affected by your insults.

give a decent answer and ill appreciate it 

Do not Vehicle Deathmatch (VDM)

VDM is using your vehicle as an OFFENSIVE weapon.

Dropping a sling loaded vehicle from a helicopter to intentionally kill a player or cause destruction by "bombing" them is also considered VDM, and is not allowed.

Armored Vehicles may be used in an offensive manner against ONLY other armored vehicles. (Strider/Hunter/Ifrit) due to the difficulty in stopping those types of vehicles

You may hit a player with your vehicle only if they are firing at you, and blocking your direct path of travel. You may not maneuver to intentionally hit a player

So the last sentence. You may not maneuver to hit someone. Soo the only way you can get a hit and run charge is when using it to protect yourself when being shot at, but he also needs to be blocking my path? Or is that if a player is standing in front of my car and won't move? 

it is a RP server.. they are fun to RP out of...

also.. its a tool for us to tell a Person who is VDM'n alot versus something that could have easily been an accident. if they have 10+ of them.. thats a issue. But hey, its arma.. shit happens.

Edited by Reavantos
Jc dock likes this
1 minute ago, Deathslug said:

Just wondering why it's bannable if you get a video of being ran over and your leg doesn't break or anything.. you just lay on the ground for a couple seconds..

no need to be a little kid and report the guy who might be drunk and having fun..why take 3 days away from him? 

I think the admins account for obvious accidents and dont just ban because they can. 

I understand. Soo lets say a guy intentionally runs someone over and the guy ran over just gets back up without any scratches..

Would you ban that player for 3 days? I personally laugh when I get ran over.. It think it's humorous. But then again I am not an immature rat who wants to report someone just to see if my actions impacted another players life. 

Edited by Deathslug
Just now, Deathslug said:

I understand. Soo lets say a guy intentionally runs someone over and the guy ran over just gets back up without any scratches..

Would you ban that player for 3 days?

Depends probably, if the guy intentionally runs people over all the time or he is doing it a lot probably. It also depends on the admin.

Maybe some of it has to due with the characters play style and they're reputation factors into it to a precise moment that sometimes a player must do to another player for what that player did in the past?  

LoLegends will Never Know What happened because the Quadratic Manipulation will 3vLVe into water

If you Try Hard you'll never know whats happening

If you get 2far 1n 2 d33p you won't be able to back out

and if you can't handle it then the wall of shit will become sludge

and you won't be able to escape unless you're mindphased

Edited by Deathslug
1 hour ago, Deathslug said:

Just wondering why it's bannable if you get a video of being ran over and your leg doesn't break or anything.. you just lay on the ground for a couple seconds..

no need to be a little kid and report the guy who might be drunk and having fun..why take 3 days away from him? 

That pretty much sums it up...Many players are report heavy for the dumbest shit. Honestly the only reports we should receive are CL and Exploiters. RDM reports should be able to be handled between the two players and VDM the same, but that takes two adults to accomplish. Obviously the mass RDM and mass VDM should definitely be given to us, so that player can really take a long break. 

1 hour ago, Reavantos said:

I think the admins account for obvious accidents and dont just ban because they can. 

Yep ^

IAmLegion, Deathslug and Olivia like this

Everything is subject to how the RP was conducted. Server rules are more often than not for extreme cases. For example, you can be banned for VDMing someone once, but it more than likely will never happen. If you are in Kavala square doing doughnuts to run people over, then you will probably get banned.

Just keep this basic idea in mind...Don't be a dick.

3 hours ago, Deathslug said:

Is anything going to change or shall it remain the same?

Nothing will be changed because we keep the rules vague for our own benefit. 

If I got a video of a guy who ran one guy over, causing no harm to said player, I wouldn't ban. But if a video gets submitted of a guy who is running over all of Kavala, I will ban. If I get a video of a guy swerving to intentionally hit someone, I will more than likely ban him. I can't speak on behalf of every Admin, but the rules are vague to allow us to police them how we see fit to the best of the server. 

Love,
-KS

Poko likes this

Personally I find the vdm rules to be on the strict side and not very realistic.  I understand that its a fine line in a game vs RL and the admins took the stance to ban vdm as a whole to avoid problems but i feel there should be some grey area where using a vehicle offensively is acceptable.  I think that if someone is actively shooting at you, it would be reasonable to use your vehicle to run them over as the arma system does not allow you the option to get out and return fire quickly.  This should only apply to unarmored vehicles that allow the driver to remain in harms way.  I do understand why the admins choose to keep it off limits as a whole to avoid issues though.

Chan Wong and Deathslug like this
23 hours ago, Killswitch said:

That pretty much sums it up...Many players are report heavy for the dumbest shit. Honestly the only reports we should receive are CL and Exploiters. RDM reports should be able to be handled between the two players and VDM the same, but that takes two adults to accomplish. Obviously the mass RDM and mass VDM should definitely be given to us, so that player can really take a long break. 

lol