People bugging out SWAT

S.W.AT Bugging   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think people should be banned for bugging out swat :Ban offense (Exploiting)

• Yes i think people bugging out SWAT should be banned/If admins can not fix it.
    • No i think we should be allowed to Bug out SWAT (Please post reason why)

Hi i would like to address the situation with people bugging out SWAT ,by starting a prison break etc ,then doing the bank so SWAT can not spawn  and respond to the bank,In my opinion and many other officers this is Exploiting the game mechanics to disable a option that should be other wise available.

I can see no logical reason why this would be a thing that was intended by the developers,but if so ,could someone please explain why it is,Thank you.

I have some solutions to help this problem 

1. if possible admins could fix it so SWAT can not be bugged out.

2. Make it a bannable offense to exploit/ Bugging SWAT out/or at least until it is fixed ,so SWAT can not be bugged out.

(Edit 04/02/2016) I agree if two groups of people do the bank and prison then they should not be banned if SWAT gets bugged ,how ever they must attempt to do a real Prison Break out.

I look forward to everyone's input ,thankyou :)

Edited by James Moor

SWAT is a very awesome feature, but damn its needs some serious addressing.

• Remove the fight location radius/ timer, fights always tend to span across the map when chasing down rebels with the money. Last thing you want is your vehicle despawning mid combat, i've seen this happen a lot. (SWAT leader should be responsible to impound the strider after the mission so it doesn't get 'abused')
  • Instead of having SWAT spawn in said location, have them spawn inside Pygros HQ. This will eliminate spawn killing and will allow SWAT to move in as a team with the rest of the APD. It will also prevent the exploiting OP has mentioned as SWAT can pick which area they want to respond to.

These 2 simple fixes will eliminate so many issues with SWAT, its like hitting multiple birds with 2 stones. Fix the bugs, implement/address some of these changes and boom, APD will have a fighting chance vs larger rebel gangs without getting 6 wave wiped constantly.

Edited by Haych
16 minutes ago, Haych said:

• Remove the fight location radius/ timer, fights always tend to span across the map when chasing down rebels with the money. Last thing you want is your vehicle despawning mid combat, i've seen this happen a lot. (SWAT leader should be responsible to impound the strider after the mission so it doesn't get 'abused')

i can tell you now that's not gonna happen, people would abuse it and use gear that isn't theirs, or give it away...

5 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

i can tell you now that's not gonna happen, people would abuse it and use gear that isn't theirs, or give it away...

Then they shouldn't be in the APD if they abuse any sort of privilege given to them. Once the mission is over, so is your deployment, return back to patrol gear.

Edited by Haych
SheriffJohnBeard likes this
25 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

then blacklist them for giving SWAT gear to civilians, you have to be white listed for SWAT, so not many people have it in the first place anyway.

I say that there should be some rules addressed to this topic, Regarding SWAT. I do believe that SWAT is a very useful tool and should not be abused. I also feel that the rebels should not abuse the game mechanic like they have. But there is a fix that we used to have. Perma SWAT. Although it sounds OP and can be abused very easily, there should be new rules added so it is not abused as often and be eliminated from that factor. In the dome where cops load out there should be an option to load out as SWAT. This allows officers to load out into their SWAT gear. This could be allowed for Special Engagements like the Bank/Fed/Prison. Abuse of this gear (i.e. Patrolling in SWAT gear) would result in points for using gear above rank. Each role should have it's duty as it does, But if a person picks the Leader they can now pull out 1 strider per their roll as SWAT. Only 1 SWAT leader can be picked every 30 min - an hour. The assaulter has all the same perks the Assaulter already has. and the Recon still has the same perks as well ( only 1 recon per every 30 min - an hour). People caught abusing this gear should be removed from SWAT (because they are held to a higher standard and it is a privilege not a right to have SWAT) and People caught giving out SWAT gear should be given DOUBLE points than what is is for giving out normal cop gear. 

Thoughts?

OOO

49 minutes ago, Haych said:
  • Instead of having SWAT spawn in said location, have them spawn inside Pygros HQ. This will eliminate spawn killing and will allow SWAT to move in as a team with the rest of the APD. It will also prevent the exploiting OP has mentioned as SWAT can pick which area they want to respond to.

These 2 simple fixes will eliminate so many issues with SWAT, its like hitting multiple birds with 2 stones. Fix the bugs, implement/address some of these changes and boom, APD will have a fighting chance vs larger rebel gangs without getting 6 wave wiped constantly.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH 

+1

++Haych should get promoted

if being on the SWAT force is a white listed thing, I do not see why everyone has these issues about cops abusing it, if they abuse it, you give them points and permanently remove them from their SWAT white listing, then they can never abuse it in future, while it may be annoying having to deal with it, why should everyone suffer because of a select few? give them their punishments and kick them off SWAT, job done, they can no longer abuse it, using the strider as a method of transporting restrained people to the HQ ensures that you can process them safely and will encourage cops to use tracers more as they have more chance of actually getting them out of their after downing them and restraining them.

2nd point, gangs more often than not will just wait until 5 minutes after the bank or prison is over before taking off so that all those mk1's are gone, thus making their take off much, much easier as they do not have guns shooting that can penetrate the Orca, and yes, Lt's may have a mk1, but 90% of the banks and prisons I go to consist of myself, a few other constables, corps and cadets and thats it, so we have to unload an entire mag into their tail and hope they cant fly well enough to take off.

TLDR;

don't limit SWAT's abilities because of a few idiots, if they abuse it, blacklist them from SWAT, it is a white listed thing after all, SWAT will be a ton more useful if some of the limited stuff is extended/removed

26 minutes ago, JediNarwals said:

I say that there should be some rules addressed to this topic, Regarding SWAT. I do believe that SWAT is a very useful tool and should not be abused. I also feel that the rebels should not abuse the game mechanic like they have. But there is a fix that we used to have. Perma SWAT. Although it sounds OP and can be abused very easily, there should be new rules added so it is not abused as often and be eliminated from that factor. In the dome where cops load out there should be an option to load out as SWAT. This allows officers to load out into their SWAT gear. This could be allowed for Special Engagements like the Bank/Fed/Prison. Abuse of this gear (i.e. Patrolling in SWAT gear) would result in points for using gear above rank. Each role should have it's duty as it does, But if a person picks the Leader they can now pull out 1 strider per their roll as SWAT. Only 1 SWAT leader can be picked every 30 min - an hour. The assaulter has all the same perks the Assaulter already has. and the Recon still has the same perks as well ( only 1 recon per every 30 min - an hour). People caught abusing this gear should be removed from SWAT (because they are held to a higher standard and it is a privilege not a right to have SWAT) and People caught giving out SWAT gear should be given DOUBLE points than what is is for giving out normal cop gear. 

Thoughts?

exactly what I have been saying, SWAT is a white listed thing, so just remove them from that white list and give them their punishment, it's what the point system was made for, and is why SWAT is a white listed thing, this would work, but would also have a few issues, if you can only pick a leader every say 30 minutes, and someone does a bank straight after a prison, but the previous leader logged off after the prison, then nobody will be SWAT leader or be able to go as SWAT leader, other than that, sounds like a pretty sweet idea to me.

9 minutes ago, JediNarwals said:

Yeah, the swat time out that I'm talking about is just so that the Strider pull isn't abused where 3 people all log in as Leader or the leader soft logs. There is a server timer for that selection and they can't all pull stiders out at the same time. 

I mean, again, things like this shouldn't even be needed for a white listed squad, you have to get white listed as cop then white listed as SWAT after that, why bother limiting everyone because of a select few? leave the striders open, if you notice people abusing it in the logs, or just set it so it pings if more than 2 striders are pulled within a 10 minute time period, remove the cop abusing it from SWAT and have a certain amount of points specified for abusing SWAT, everyone who gets white listed for SWAT has to accept a disclaimer that they can be blacklisted from SWAT at any time and given points / demoted if they abuse the benefits for SWAT such as striders etc, the cops should have a discussion and decide who is going to go on leader before anybody signs up for SWAT.

8 minutes ago, - RJ - said:

SImple fix, set it when a bank is active, you cannot start a Fed or Prison. Once the bank ends have a 5 mins timer before being able to start anything :)

tbh, this would work, but gangs might also complain, if there is a massive fed going on, these can last 30+ minutes, if you are unable to start a bank or prison until the fed is done, then you could be sat there for over 30 minutes waiting for them to finish the fed, and only setting the timer for the bank and prison will fix nothing, gangs trying to bug it would simply start a fed then bank after to bug it, the timer would have to be on all 3 or none.

Olivia likes this
7 minutes ago, JediNarwals said:

Yeah. But looking away from the cops side the rebels will say "Oh that's abuse, Abuse, ABOOSE." and they will bitch and moan about it. So for sake of fairness and to limit the "Aboos" there should be a time limit to consider. Just for the sake of both sides

alright, lets be honest, you put a timer, they cry abuse, you don't put a timer, they cry abuse, it makes no difference.

SWAT was designed so that we can respond to any prison break or whatever with gear that gives us an equal opportunity to quell it, if they start a prison, then a bank afterwards, the timer stops us from using the Strider, the entire point of fixing this is so we can use SWAT and use the strider, or the recon for the drone etc, so putting a timer for 10 minutes, 30 minutes, whatever it is, pretty much renders the entire point of this post useless, as it stops us from doing the exact thing the post was made to enable us to do.

also, if they cry abuse tell them to report it, if their is a legitimate issue with it being abused, this is a good way to find those few, we cannot find out who are going to be the few abusing shit if we have no way of catching them, we catch them abusing SWAT, then we know they cannot be trusted with things similar in future, this way the APD will stop being limited in everything they do because of those few plebs that want to abuse shit, and we can start moving properly forward without the scare of those few abusing it.

Edited: well I wasn't aware of that being an issue from civs being able to do that. I'm on the fence about this since it could be difficult to say who is intentionally exploiting this feature. SWAT has almost always had issues on asylum and honestly I think it would just be better were it reinvented yet again.

Edited by Ghost0fDawn