Remove Money Cap, but...

Meow's recent thread about removing the money cap has sparked some ideas.

Many players believe that the prestige system is flawed and there are not many things to strive for. On the other hand, there are also people who really enjoy the prestige feature.

I'd suggest that if money cap were to be removed, we still retain the chance at prestige, leaving both parties happy.

This could be done by simply giving players a choice in whether money gained after a million is put into prestige or into the bank. 

This allows both the people who want to pile their bank up and those who want to go for the prestige awards content because no feature is being removed.

Thoughts?

A link to the thread: 

I for one agree with the other thread:

I think we should be able to cash in prestige for money.

Now, of course this is met with the argument "But then the money cap is pointless, that's the whole point of prestige".  This is true, but think about the people with the "Prominent" and "Eminent" tags, the jet etc.  It's not exactly simple or quick to achieve this, I'm willing to bet even if we had the option of cashing in prestige for cash it not many would.  These people put in time and effort to get these titles, they are proud of them.  

So yea, I think we should be able to have some kind of say what happens with our prestige $$$, whatever it may be. 

1 hour ago, eXplicit said:

Meow's recent thread about removing the money cap has sparked some ideas.

Many players believe that the prestige system is flawed and there are not many things to strive for. On the other hand, there are also people who really enjoy the prestige feature.

I'd suggest that if money cap were to be removed, we still retain the chance at prestige, leaving both parties happy.

This could be done by simply giving players a choice in whether money gained after a million is put into prestige or into the bank. 

This allows both the people who want to pile their bank up and those who want to go for the prestige awards content because no feature is being removed.

Thoughts?

A link to the thread: 

Nah, Then people would end up having Millions upon millions and the game would become boring due to the fact that they have those millions/billions. I like the money cap because in the end everyone has an equal balance and nobody is over powered with billions of dollars.

35 minutes ago, Quenton said:

So seeing how the last 2 topics about removing the money cap got locked in less than an hour, maybe they raise the money cap? 5m or 10m? At the moment prestige is fucking stupid, and unless they add better incentives people are going to keep complaining.

+1 to this idea, I may not agree with removing the money cap but raising the cap to like 2 millions wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

Just now, DeVo said:

Nah, Then people would end up having Millions upon millions and the game would become boring due to the fact that they have those millions/billions. I like the money cap because in the end everyone has an equal balance and nobody is over powered with billions of dollars.

I totally understand where you, others and the admins come from. We already have endless vehicles though so it wouldn't change much else than us just having more to do.

This suggestion has been brought up multiple times. the reason money cap was introduces is because the economy was broke, if they do what you have suggested then it will break the economy again. The economy is fine the way it is, if you hit max cap and don't want prestige work on maxing you garages. Other than that im going to tell you what admins will tell you, The economy is fine the way it is and they will not be removing max cap, also more perks will be introduced down the line for people with prestige.

Money cap was added so people won't have like 100 million and just constantly be fighting, it's to create a limit on fighting for example each loadout is about 30k which limits you to 30 loadouts straights and then you have to go and make some more money instead of just fighting and killing every second. Basically, the point of the cap is to make it so people will be able to fight and all, but will still have to make money at some point in the day or week not in like a month or 2.

John Lemmon likes this

+1

I feel like money cap made Asylum a lot worse. People used to be out making money all the time, you'd actually see large vehicles like hemts getting pulled out often, you'd actually see people running drugs ect, now everyone is conservative with their money and do things as safe as possible with the least risk involved (IE: playing cop for money). 

People like to have something they can work on and watch progress.

There were people with a lot of money, that could cause a lot of damage, but if someone puts in that much effort they should be able to cause a lot of damage, they should be financially able to wage war with the entire police department if they please to. 

Money cap was added because admins were intimidated by the amounts of money people had, though making money is just how some players enjoy spending their time... Now those players just sell all their ingame currency and find ways to keep millions in reserve. 

Money cap has only made it easier for new players to be financially equal to the veterans and turned every money making activity into a ghost town. 

I remember being excited checking illegal areas as a cop, now you barely see anybody doing anything except banks or alcohol.

Edited by Chapo
explicit, Matthew, Bersabee and 1 other like this
On 2/7/2016 at 9:34 AM, DeVo said:

Though they bust there ass and work/play(however you wish to think about that) for every bit of money they have, then its basically reduced. Feels like they are trying to cap the wealth so less rich players can stand a chance. I believe if you worked for the money you have you should be able to use every bit of it in whatever way you want with out a cap and no one should stop you.

5 hours ago, Steve said:

Though they bust there ass and work/play(however you wish to think about that) for every bit of money they have, then its basically reduced. Feels like they are trying to cap the wealth so less rich players can stand a chance. I believe if you worked for the money you have you should be able to use every bit of it in whatever way you want with out a cap and no one should stop you.

Then the players who just join could end up having millions in an instant because of one of their friends who give it to them opposed to someone who barely joins and doesn't have those types of advantages of getting free money cause they don't have a friend to give them that much. Which in turn induces all these new players will millions upon millions of dollars without even trying. the whole progressions system would be pointless

You could still do that now if you had 3 friends that each gave you 150k that's 450k. I realize with the money cap in the extremes could get real. Though I still remain with the same argument. Besides it's not like the money didn't get duplicated. The amount of money made total might grow between those two friends but there is no guarantee of that. The only thing that really happened was money got moved around.