This has gone too far now. [Politics]

Actaea

Before this powder keg is set alight, let's lay down some ground rules.

If you choose to discuss politics, do so politely, respectfully and with articulate, thoroughly considered points. No insults or shit flinging. 

If you're going to make a claim, please cite legitimate, nonpartisan, primary research sources. 

Following these two steps will keep this thread from going off the rails. 

Good luck. 

explicit likes this
2 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

Before this powder keg is set alight, let's lay down some ground rules.

If you choose to discuss politics, do so politely, respectfully and with articulate, thoroughly considered points. No insults or shit flinging. 

If you're going to make a claim, please cite legitimate, nonpartisan, primary research sources. 

Following these two steps will keep this thread from going off the rails. 

Good luck. 

kek

explicit likes this
3 minutes ago, JasonP said:

Feminism needs to stop.

Feminism is fine, equality needs to happen, I get that, it's fine. But constantly claiming that you're being raped, or using that you're a feminist as an excuse for everything needs to stop. Tumblr landwhales who literally go around basically harassing men about stupid shit, claiming that they're oppressed is not okay. That isn't feminism. 

Edited by xFurnish
15 hours ago, xFurnish said:

Feminism is fine, equality needs to happen, I get that, it's fine. But constantly claiming that you're being raped, or using that you're a feminist as an excuse for everything needs to stop. Tumblr landwhales who literally go around basically harassing men about stupid shit, claiming that they're oppressed is not okay. That isn't feminism. 

I went to a coffee house with my fiance yesterday and when I was getting coffee she took a seat and some tumblerina feminists approached her (It was on her uni campus, these people are literally EVERYWHERE) and tried to push some feminist pamphlets onto her or something, anyway, my fiance has Aphonia (Mutism, she cant talk) from an accident when she was younger so she was trying to sign back "Not interested" and other "Go away" phrases. They took this as her being deaf, flipped out because romanticizing disabilities, right guys? Trying to sign to her and failing misreably, stuff like that.

So i come back and approach my fiance, pretty confused about why these 3 landwhales are hounding her, and when I go to talk to her (Not sign) they flip the fuck out. "Excuse me, but that girl you're trying to oppress is deaf, so why dont you back off and take your disability ignorant privileged self away from where it isnt welcome" so naturally I just attempt to ignore them and move past to sit with my fiance and they snap, they start fucking screaming. "MISOGYNIST, GET AWAY FROM HER, SHE'S ASKING YOU TO STOP, THATS RAPE (I wasnt even touching her, literally just sat on the sofa)" attracting the attention of pretty much everyone in the store, obviously im getting some fucking dirty looks because they think im trying to force myself on my fiance, so my fiance stands up, slaps this girl straight across her face, raises her hands, points at her engagement ring, points at me, kisses me then starts dragging me out the shop by the hand, looking like she wants to fucking shank a bitch. Obviously the feminsts kinda stop at this point, because they finally figured what happened.

Oh, i and I made sure to leave with a "She's mute, not deaf, you disability ignorant ass" on the way out just to spite them because im a dick like that.

Sorry if that rant didnt make much sense, but it just pissed me off that these kind of people exist, they have to butt into everyones lives to try and push some shitty agenda while claiming all their problems and due to men, and not because of their shit personalities combined with their shitty looks and inability to take responsibility for anything. And this was in England, where its meant to be tame, i cant imagine what american campuses are like.

Interestingly though, my fiance said she dosent normally get attention from feminists in her campus, because she's attractive, and they're scared of attractive people, apparently. (Her words, not mine)

Edited by Hiraku
George likes this
8 minutes ago, Miss Evo said:

Feminism is fighting for EQUAL rights, you're confusing feminism with what people call feminazis who want women to be superior to men

When feminists run around screaming about how all their problems are down to men, that we live in a rape culture, and that the pay gap is real (It aint), then they go ahead and claim they are feminists, that is what feminism will be associated with. Until that problem is resolved, feminism will continue to be associated with people like this

And that will not change.

Edited by Hiraku
George likes this
7 hours ago, Hiraku said:

I went to a coffee house with my fiance yesterday and when I was getting coffee she took a seat and some tumblerina feminists approached her (It was on her uni campus, these people are literally EVERYWHERE) and tried to push some feminist pamphlets onto her or something, anyway, my fiance has Aphonia (Mutism, she cant talk) from an accident when she was younger so she was trying to sign back "Not interested" and other "Go away" phrases. They took this as her being deaf, flipped out because romanticizing disabilities, right guys? Trying to sign to her and failing misreably, stuff like that.

So i come back and approach my fiance, pretty confused about why these 3 landwhales are hounding her, and when I go to talk to her (Not sign) they flip the fuck out. "Excuse me, but that girl you're trying to oppress is deaf, so why dont you back off and take your disability ignorant privileged self away from where it isnt welcome" so naturally I just attempt to ignore them and move past to sit with my fiance and they snap, they start fucking screaming. "MISOGYNIST, GET AWAY FROM HER, SHE'S ASKING YOU TO STOP, THATS RAPE (I wasnt even touching her, literally just sat on the sofa)" attracting the attention of pretty much everyone in the store, obviously im getting some fucking dirty looks because they think im trying to force myself on my fiance, so my fiance stands up, slaps this girl straight across her face, raises her hands, points at her engagement ring, points at me, kisses me then starts dragging me out the shop by the hand, looking like she wants to fucking shank a bitch. Obviously the feminsts kinda stop at this point, because they finally figured what happened.

Oh, i and I made sure to leave with a "She's mute, not deaf, you disability ignorant ass" on the way out just to spite them because im a dick like that.

Sorry if that rant didnt make much sense, but it just pissed me off that these kind of people exist, they have to butt into everyones lives to try and push some shitty agenda while claiming all their problems and due to men, and not because of their shit personalities combined with their shitty looks and inability to take responsibility for anything. And this was in England, where its meant to be tame, i cant imagine what american campuses are like.

Interestingly though, my fiance said she dosent normally get attention from feminists in her campus, because she's attractive, and they're scared of attractive people, apparently. (Her words, not mine)

Exactly, that's not feminism, they use the title "feminist" to their advantage to get us cis male scum in trouble. 

15 hours ago, Hiraku said:

When feminists run around screaming about how all their problems are down to men, that we live in a rape culture, and that the pay gap is real (It aint), then they go ahead and claim they are feminists, that is what feminism will be associated with. Until that problem is resolved, feminism will continue to be associated with people like this

And that will not change.

I just witness that bearded man's brain cells dying in this video.