7 minutes ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

What about when I want on cop and get stuck on civ? What if someone wanted medic but got stuck on civ? Don't think only of yourself.

I'm sure they're thinking of everyone (as bamf confirmed):

Just now, bamf said:

Don't worry, we're thinking about everyone...

but keep in mind Ghost, MOST (keyword, most) players will be looking for that civ slot. Although a simple solution would be to disconnect if you're AFK or to find your own solution, it would be interesting to see what they come up with.

+1 to the dev team

46 minutes ago, bamf said:

There is something in the works that may fix this.  Not sure where it is in the dev cycle though.  

3 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Just out of curiosity, Bamf have you seen the server restarts on Olympus?  They are amazingly fast and honestly I got better frames over there than I did over here last time I got lost in the server browser.

I mean there restarts are literally instantaneous. Any ideas on implementing whatever system that is into asylum?

+1 

Olympus runs as smooth as my dick after I've shaved and rubbed coconut oil all over it. 

Restarts could be made faster.  In fact I've talked to Paratus about that in the past.  I think the only reason they count down as long as they do for Asylum is to give people a chance to: a) look at the stats from the previous round (who did I kill etc), and b ) move between factions.  

I'll talk to him again about tightening that up a touch though.  We likely could get by with 30 seconds on the secondary screen, and maybe half the time of that first screen (unless there is something else going on that I don't know about).

Mike Stmria likes this