Reintroduce Nightime.

6 minutes ago, Ed. said:

I don't care about the green. The night can always be programmed to not be as dark. Adjust the moon rise. Etc. 

I paid $ to play Arma because of the day and night cycle. Now it feels flat just having sunny days and perfect weather. 

And the challenge of night. Fighting in it I miss. 

^

8 minutes ago, Ed. said:

I don't care about the green. The night can always be programmed to not be as dark. Adjust the moon rise. Etc. 

I paid $ to play Arma because of the day and night cycle. Now it feels flat just having sunny days and perfect weather. 

3 hours ago, Ed. said:

^This and you can always make it so night time isn't pitch black so you can still see where you're going without night vision.

Edited by Deathslug
50 minutes ago, Ed. said:

Then play a different server, not like bohemia removed it.

Personally, i disliked nighttime. It was pointness, due to the fact it just made everything green, gave you shti fov and no depth perception.

If you bring nighttime back, remove NVGs, and put it into a permenant (Nighttime cycle wise) twilight/dusk setting, forcing use of flashlights and vehicle lights.

Edited by Hiraku

I really don't understand the obsession with nighttime.  Yeah, seeing the flashing police lights at night was cool but it doesn't justify all the other annoyances.  Shit fov as Hiraku mentioned, pointless because everyone had access to night vision, muzzle flash becoming a pain in the ass, wrecking into chicken wire because it wasn't that visable while night and spawning in at your house and being completely blind.  I'm glad it's gone, it doesn't have that much of a purpose. 

Crow likes this
1 minute ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I really don't understand the obsession with nighttime.  Yeah, seeing the flashing police lights at night was cool but it doesn't justify all the other annoyances.  Shit fov as Hiraku mentioned, pointless because everyone had access to night vision, muzzle flash becoming a pain in the ass, wrecking into chicken wire because it wasn't that visable while night and spawning in at your house and being completely blind.  I'm glad it's gone, it doesn't have that much of a purpose. 

Translation: Oh noes. The game is too difficult for me. 

Since when was Arma about having the perfect environment for fighting? Never. 

It takes the feels away

Deathslug and DreamC like this
3 hours ago, Furnie Mack said:

Almost everyone saying they hate 'green time' are simply following suit with Paratus. Had it never been changed or mentioned, they wouldn't give two fucks about it. It's all about feeling accepted and brown nosing.

Almost everyone? Lmao how about all of those that hardly use the forums and miss night time? open your eyes

3 hours ago, Hiraku said:

Then play a different server, not like bohemia removed it.

Lmao. "Then play a diff server"  What if he likes asylum more than all of the others? You make it sound like all the servers are exactly the same. no logic in your brain

Edited by Deathslug
1 minute ago, Ed. said:

Translation: Oh noes. The game is too difficult for me. 

Since when was Arma about having the perfect environment for fighting? Never. 

It takes the feels away

Let's 1v1 right now m8 and see who wins.  

And without night, you still get into situations that are complete chaos, but it's fun chaos.  It boils down to the fact that green time is annoying more than it is fun.  

13 minutes ago, Deathslug said:

lmao. "Then play a diff server"  What if he likes asylum more than all of the others? You make it sound like all the servers are exactly the same. no logic in your brain

Thats his choice. But dont complain when one server isnt like the others.

The "I pay for x so it should be here" argument does not work on server based games. Go to a different server if you dislike a choice of one.

I pay for ghosthawks, does that mean im complaining that im unable to fly them on asylum? No. because i could go to a KOTH server and do it.

Edited by Hiraku
Sheriff Rick Grimes and Crow like this
23 minutes ago, Furnie Mack said:

Almost everyone saying they hate 'green time' are simply following suit with Paratus. Had it never been changed or mentioned, they wouldn't give two fucks about it. It's all about feeling accepted and brown nosing.

Aha, youve never heard me on comms. I quite literally afk for an hour when nighttime hits because I really fucking hate it. Always have done, NVGs are fucking terrible.

Furnie Mack and Crow like this
6 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

stopsto

Let's 1v1 right now m8 and see who wins.  

And without night, you still get into situations that are complete chaos, but it's fun chaos.  It boils down to the fact that green time is annoying more than it is fun.  

Your definition of a complaint is awkward and flawed. This game and it's designer, Paratus, takes input from it's community. He doesn't act on all of them, he takes some of the input, and he designs according to his wishes. 

My stance that I disagree with a day only life server is my stance. And I would wish that he would bring it back to the way it was for over 2 years until the recent change. 

Your assertion that I simply switch servers to help you avoid an unpleasant truth is analogous to a child throwing a tantrum.

This is the suggestion and feedback forum is it not? I have stated my disagreement with the current day only design, offered feedback, and my case is rested.

4 minutes ago, Ed. said:

This game and it's designer, Paratus, takes input from it's community. He doesn't act on all of them, he takes some of the input, and he designs according to his wishes. 

And he thought night served no purpose, which it doesn't.  Once he changed it, most people like the change.  If you were to do a poll, you would notice that it would be highly in favor of night not coming back.

13 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

And he thought night served no purpose, which it doesn't.  Once he changed it, most people like the change.  If you were to do a poll, you would notice that it would be highly in favor of night not coming back.

A huge majority of those same people would also vote for rocket launchers and tanks...

SV Paul and Ed. like this

The thing is that the time cycle is set to 3x now so If night came back it wouldn't be an issue because the "green" time would be only 15-30 minutes. I've been a long member of this community (2 Years)  and I never seen anyone complain about night. I was shocked that it was removed. The servers don't really feel right anymore. You can't really see police lights etc... That real factor is gone.. 

I've been through the queue system and forced rotolib i'm sure this will change someday too. 

Edited by SV Paul
Deathslug and Ed. like this