Question: State of Asylum ( Bugwise )

FozzyBear

What's up with Asylum in it's current state i have experienced one of the highest peaks of bugs? I understand that this hacker has caused some issues but this is starting to worry me in every single way. Bugs that were not bugged 1 1/2 year(s) ago are one of the most annoying bugs currently. I feel like we're travelling backwards from where Asylum was back in 2013....

Another question. As bamf said:"Give us bugs that bug you" will they be even processed and fixed or is that another flop to waste some more time on the forums? 

I fear the worst for Asylum unfortenately..

Thanks,

Ps. can you just please not instalock this and come with a answer that we could love to.

Edited by FozzyBear
Just now, Sants said:

With lots of new features comes lots of new bugs. Best thing you can do right now is report them and wait for them to be fixed in a future patch.

You can't say that, theres not even a lot of new features since i've been around. 6.0? dude it had the biggest love hate relationship of the world but still dropped 40% of the community. And fuck yeah i reported all bugs. 

2 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

You can't say that, theres not even a lot of new features since i've been around. 6.0? dude it had the biggest love hate relationship of the world but still dropped 40% of the community. And fuck yeah i reported all bugs. 

not a lot of new features?? do you read the patch notes? do you even have a basic understanding of scripting?

402289842-billymadison.jpg

also what are you basing you numbers on for 40% of the community? inb4 admins put you in your place on that.

Edited by Reavantos
1 minute ago, scen7edcandle said:

I am not sure if you understand how coding works. Here is an example, you fix one bug, and two new ones pop up. Its the life of a programmer man, like Sants said. Just report the current ones and move on. 

I understand how coding works and i know shit goes down whenever you implement something new but there are bugs that exist for years now and still have not been fixed. Actually you know this Y pick up thing that switches everything around? They were aware of it but it took SOOOOOOO long to fix.

2 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

I understand how coding works and i know shit goes down whenever you implement something new but there are bugs that exist for years now and still have not been fixed. Actually you know this Y pick up thing that switches everything around? They were aware of it but it took SOOOOOOO long to fix.

Paratus has a list of priorities, some things such as the Y pickup was not very high on the list.

On 2/14/2016 at 11:39 AM, Mr. Meeseeks said:

To be honest, nothing special here. Good shots, but in most of these montages it's just the same kills over and over again.  - sants

?

I don't get what you're trying to say besides trying to derail the thread.

On 2/14/2016 at 11:43 AM, FozzyBear said:

Btw, yes the features paratus has added in these months are compared to other servers not interesting at all. This is completely based of my opinion so don't get your tits out pls.

I've spoke with Motown recently and Paratus is still busy with Identity. Working on two different projects is extremely time consuming and difficult. Best thing you can do now is make constructive suggestions.

Reavantos likes this
1 minute ago, Sants said:

?

I've spoke with Motown recently and Paratus is still busy with Identity. Working on two different projects is extremely time consuming and difficult. Best thing you can do now is make constructive suggestions.

This.

Too bad paratus won't give anyone full access.  There's a few admins that could fix a lot of bugs

Satan likes this
Just now, Sants said:

?

Man excuses, if you care about a server with a huge population then you update what the community wants. Not what you like yourself

Oh wheres my legend ALAN?

On 2/14/2016 at 11:49 AM, KevinOB said:

This.

Too bad paratus won't give anyone full access.  There's a few admins that could fix a lot of bugs

The mission file is open source (for the most part) so really anyone could fix the bugs. I'm sure if you were to submit fixes to the community managers or Paratus himself, he'd check it out if it hasn't already been fixed.

On 2/14/2016 at 11:49 AM, FozzyBear said:

Man excuses, if you care about a server with a huge population then you update what the community wants. Not what you like yourself

Considering Identity has more then $100k in backings, priorities need to be prioritized. Plus, from things I've heard new developers could be around the corner.

On 2/14/2016 at 11:52 AM, Big Boss said:

Things to make gangs come back and fight:

1. Remove or raise the money cap

2. Upgrade the servers so desync isn't an issue because it never really was pre 6.0

Only problem I see right now with removing the cap is that the economy is based around the 1 mill cap at the moment. Removing the cap would cause a terrible economy and anyone that would become rich would literally be able to buy everything.

4 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Its not quite that simple. His priority list could be things that are breaking script on the back end. What we see might be a small fix or a small adjustment or another bug but we dont actually know what is happening on the back end.

Satan likes this
19 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Every addition adds something previous code can conflict with. And there have been a ton of new things added since 2+ years ago. 

Just now, Sants said:

Only problem I see right now with removing the cap is that the economy is based around the 1 mill cap at the moment. Removing the cap would cause a terrible economy and anyone that would become rich would literally be able to buy everything.

What I'm saying is completely revert back to the old economy, people loved it when you could have as much money as you wanted, it gave people something to grind for on the game, becoming the richest player and what not. 

Satan likes this
On 2/14/2016 at 11:58 AM, Big Boss said:

What I'm saying is completely revert back to the old economy, people loved it when you could have as much money as you wanted, it gave people something to grind for on the game, becoming the richest player and what not. 

Personally I loved the old economy too and would love to see it return. The reason it was changed is because of the people with 60+ mill, wayyy to much money and honestly dont have to worry about anything ever.

Just now, Sants said:

Personally I loved the old economy too and would love to see it return. The reason it was changed is because of the people with 60+ mill, wayyy to much money and honestly dont have to worry about anything ever.

Yes but a majority of the people who got to 60mil worked their ass off for it, for example, the streamer that played with Jamal and Timmac, I can't think of his name at the moment, but he owned the houses near cocaine processing, he had 10mil one day and he grinded for like a week straight and got up to 48mil, the money cap took away many peoples hard earned money. Who cares if they don't have to worry about anything they worked for it, plus it was only a select few who actually had 60mil+ 

Satan and BrutaL like this
3 minutes ago, Sants said:

People took liberty in having unlimited money. They didnt work for anything. They simply purchased large sums and did nothing but cause mass chaos.  A certain gang would just take out hemmts/50's/ifrits and just roll on the entire server.  If they got caught they didnt give a shit. 

Not everything is desync either. Armas netcode is shit.

Edited by HotWings
Just now, HotWings said:

People took liberty in having unlimited money. They didnt work for anything. They simply purchased large sums and did nothing but cause mass chaos.  A certain gang would just take out hemmts/50's/ifrits and just roll on the entire server.  If they got caught they didnt give a shit. 

I mean they were succesfull too

Hint hint.

Spoiler

badblood

2 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Not everything is desync either. Armas netcode is shit.

Maybe that was the case for some people but, people were still having fun on the servers at that time, and thats really all that matters, as long as everyone is having fun playing the server it will be successful, and that was the case pre 6.0, people had lots of fun with the money they could have.

Chau likes this