Headset

Heidelberg

I will say this I own the astro a40 tr's and they sometimes cut out randomly while using TeamSpeak and you will hear a screetch type of beep sometimes. I do not know how or why but that is with it being set to pc mode and having the latest drivers and all of that. Too late for me to go back now but I should have purchased the a50s. Other than that I love them. Great reviews, great sound quality, microphone is a bit better than a50s, customizable audio features, open back but can be set up for closed back, customizable hardware, comfortable, i would recommend.

Edited by Frizzy
Heidelberg likes this
2 hours ago, Heidelberg said:

http://www.elgiganten.dk/product/konsol-spil/gaming-headset/ASTA40PC2GBLA/astro-a40-2nd-gen-gaming-headset-sort

Is this good? I'm not looking for something top notch, just something with better mic-quality and sound around 100$.

im on my second pair now, never want anything else.

and that price is realy cheap for astro's 

Budbringer and Heidelberg like this
52 minutes ago, Frizzy said:

I will say this I own the astro a40 tr's and they sometimes cut out randomly while using TeamSpeak and you will hear a screetch type of beep sometimes. I do not know how or why but that is with it being set to pc mode and having the latest drivers and all of that. Too late for me to go back now but I should have purchased the a50s. Other than that I love them. Great reviews, great sound quality, microphone is a bit better than a50s, customizable audio features, open back but can be set up for closed back, customizable hardware, comfortable, i would recommend.

Yeah, A50 is a bit out of my budget tho, have seen them.

Frizzy likes this

Ive owned quite a few pairs of head phones this would be my review:

NOT IN ORDER BY BEST OR WORSE, JUST OFF OF WHAT I REMEMBERED.

(Worst - Turtlebeach because of the ear cutting, Best Logitech though siberia v3 is great)

1. Razer Cracken , Hurts my ears real bad after a short amount of time - feels cheap - performs worse then headsets that cost half of it. Looks sick though and the wire didn't coil up NEARLY as much as some of the other headsets. It also has some nice software

2. Siberia V3, Awesome sound, Doesn't hurt no matter how long I wear it, Was cheap. However has a half way AUX cord if you wanted to go listen to music on an ipod but I end up pulling it out sometimes and its annoying.

3. Logitech g300 and g600, Dont look cool like most headsets and microphone is stiff / can break easily, HOWEVER extreemly comfortable over any period of time including long 10 hour coding sessions with audio, and the quality from both the mic and stereo ear cuffs were gorgeous. Honestly wonderful headsets. 

4. Turtle Beach, Great sound, Cheaply made and cuts the fucking shit out of my ears. Looks sick as hell though

Edited by Sugarfoot
Heidelberg likes this
3 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Ive owned quite a few pairs of head phones this would be my review:

1. Razer Cracken , Hurts my ears real bad after a short amount of time - feels cheap - performs worse then headsets that cost half of it. Looks sick though

2. Siberia V3, Awesome sound, Doesn't hurt no matter how long I wear it, Was cheap. However has a half way AUX cord if you wanted to go listen to music on an ipod but I end up pulling it out sometimes and its annoying

3. Logitech g300 and g600, Dont look cool like most headsets, HOWEVER extreemly comfortable over any period of time including long 10 hour coding sessions with audio, and the quality from both the mic and stereo ear cuffs were gorgeous. Honestly wonderful headsets. 

4. Turtle Beach, Great sound, Cheaply made and cuts the fucking shit out of my ears. Looks sick as hell though

Have been looking at both Siberia and Logitech G600. But the Astro A40 seems to have a better standing regarding reviews.

3 hours ago, Anzy said:

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

HyperX Cloud 2's are good, especially for the price, long lasting and great sound quality.

38 minutes ago, Bob/Fury said:

HyperX cloud   headsets  are really good  for the money     would recommend them.

Yeah, a friend of mine recommends the HyperX too, with the surround sound as a big +1.

Please do not spend money on Astros. You are paying for an over hyped name that has dogshit quallty.

HyperX Cloud II's.

While Im sure there are better headsets out their sound quality wise (AT studio headphones), its hard to get good quality with a mic in a compact headset. 

Mine lasted 18 months then got a replacement from Kingston (probably because I rolled over the cord with my chair so many times)

The mic is ok, my first one's mic died 8 months after I had it. I just bought a USB Audiotechnica condenser instead. This way in the future, I can buy a headset without a mic, in turn probably getting better sound quality. 

Le Razoir and Heidelberg like this
12 hours ago, Maric said:

I uses headphones and a external microphone. I will never recommend a headset to anyone. You can always build one. There are microphone that can attach to your headphones with magnates or adhesive. These microphones are better bang for your buck.

This mans got it right, I use a pair of sennheiser hd 598's with an audiotechnica at2020. Headphones sound amazing and I don't have a shit sounding mic anymore, it can be pricey though.

23 hours ago, TheRealLethal said:

i have first gen astros. have had them since 2012. great headset. make sure you have this turned down, or you will sound like aids.

playing CSGO sets your mic boost to 100 so you have to turn it down after you start the game or prepare to earrape people

d614cd8e0067c94ba3fb3224b3caf3db.png

Does your mic on the headset have In-line and boom settings? If so, which one is the best to use?