Much needed Bank/Fed changes

Bank/Fed Changes  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see these changes?

Just now, epTic said:

windows only matter for the prison/fed. 

banks get fucked because of the angle, the strider might as well not have a roof because rebels can just spray into the roof and kill everyone

With the balances I suggested, there will be no angle to shoot down on it from but lighthouse at the bank.

6 hours ago, epTic said:

The problem with increasing group cap is that while it'll level the playing field for the evenings/weekends, it'll further increase the difficulty for cops during the early AM/morning hours. We're used to having~5 cops online, usually 1 or 2 cadets and the rest constables, and we're on a constant rotation from the bank to the fed and back again. 

I'm all for reworking the bank, it's impossible to push unless you have quite a few cops online...rebels will say "just rush the bank in hatchbacks" or "you have a strider, use it", but then you see all of their montages of them mowing down hatchbacks and striders as they push the bank. Rushing banks only works when you have the numbers to play the peaking game, which isn't a luxury we have during the early AM. 

just make the money scale with the cops easy solution

3 hours ago, Sojobo said:

I've never liked so many eptic posts in my life. someone shoot me now.

I don't know what server you guys are playing on, but on the servers I play (I play asylum btw) there is no shortage of banks going on and no reason to buff them, absolutely not, no way in hell pls god no, make it stop.

Feds? I agree, they're only ever done with few cops online and SWAT really evened that fight out.. which is probably why it's not done anymore, much easier to steal money from the bank than the fed so people rotate bank & prison when they want to smash cops because god forbid they fight on an even playing field.

This isnt a buff? Its a much needed change making it more enjoyable for rebels AND cops

1 hour ago, epTic said:

Except that gangs DO do them when there's 5 cops online because it's ezpz. 

All of those tactics work fine and dandy when there's numbers, I'd like to see you take a bank against an Orca full of guys with 4 of your gangmates. 

Please get this through your thick skull that most rebels do banks for action and not because its easy money. If you dont enjoy doing banks then just go once and then dont respond again and you wont be giving them the satisfaction of killing you.

Just now, epTic said:

Not really, it's not the cops fault. 

It's just the nature of the system, gangs play with each other for hours a day, while 9/10 times cops are a bunch of randoms thrown together in a channel. 

Perhaps then instead of recruiting clueless players into the APD they could recruit people who RP and can use comms. If gangs can fight so can the cops. Honestly though pertaining to the rebels having better weapons, I'd like to see a well developed gang assault another well developed gang using cop items only at the bank. The gang defending the bank can use whatever they want. Though the cops have a 2 life rule. I would be very surprised if the fight didn't come really really close. That being said, it is more about comms. That is up to the higher ups to fix. I'm not bitching about cops being bad, I am only trying to state what I see as the truth.

Just now, Steve said:

Perhaps then instead of recruiting clueless players into the APD they could recruit people who RP and can use comms. If gangs can fight so can the cops. Honestly though pertaining to the rebels having better weapons, I'd like to see a well developed gang assault another well developed gang using cop items only at the bank. The gang defending the bank can use whatever they want. Though the cops have a 2 life rule. I would be very surprised if the fight didn't come really really close. That being said, it is more about comms. That is up to the higher ups to fix. I'm not bitching about cops being bad, I am only trying to state what I see as the truth.

And I fully agree with you, but at the same time you have gangs willing to abuse the fuck out of every game mechanic in the world to get the edge over cops. 

Bugging out swat, landing in prison and shooting out, shooting out of glitched deer stands. 

Tonight we had 2 orcas and a hellcat going around doing banks/feds/prisons on a rotation, with 5 cops online...we're REQUIRED to respond to that shit...it's not as if we can just say "nah, let's ignore it." even though that'd solve the fucking issue of gangs doing that shit to get kills for their montages. 

Hello there,

While I don't necessarily agree with everything in here, nor do I disagree with everything.. I do feel like I want to defend epTic at one point.

Gangs will always have better comms than the APD will have and this is not the APD's fault nor can it be changed. A gang is a group of individuals who actually know each other and play together for amounts of time in (usually) their own teamspeak and such, actual buddies. Recruitment is also done on a more democratic means and most people that get in the bigger gangs have already established friendships and/or skill exchanges with the other members.

Whilst the police force is composed out of a lot of individuals that are taken in by sergeants/lieutenants if they pass the interviews and such. Even if the most mature group of APD players would play together, just due to the fact that the APD is so big and that most people don't know each other more than just 'a name' will make them less in synergy (not the gang) with each other. You can't change this with having countless of trainings where cops get to know each other and each other's skills, etc, etc.. because due to the amount of cops it rotates so much that you won't always be with the same team as you're used to.

It's basically like in a MMO. A rebel gang is a pre-made group while a cop group is a PUG.. They're randomly put together, if they're lucky maybe a buddy or two they actually know, and have to try their best to work like that. I envy the cops sometimes to be able to work with so many new faces daily, but then again.. I work with so many new faces as an admin as well.. But regardless, my point's across.

I'm also surprised epTic is providing quite some decent statements in regards to both Cop and Civ life, keep it up.

Kind regards,
DJScias

Steve and Sojobo like this

An other important point here about the tac comms and having a huege APD recruitment is the money problem. Half (at least) of the people that are constables are just in the APD for the money, that means that they only play cop when they are in need of money or they are really broke to even pull out his car. So you only see them 2 or 3 times a month. While there are also some career cops, most of them do not attend to trainnings. Plus you have this Career cops that just dont like some gangs or the combat situations so they answer to banks etc and get killed so they can go back on normal patrol. There are a lot of facts in the APD that needs some changes.

Steve likes this
11 hours ago, epTic said:

MX is 4k 

One of the MKs (forget which one, I'm always drunk when I play rebel) is 17k. 

4000 is 23% of 17000, 77%. 

Normal rebel loadouts 

Mk-1 $19.8k or Mk18 $13k without turfs or arms or

Carrier Lite (4k) scope (1k) Clothes (1k)  Bloodbags($500), defib(1k), Redgull (2-3k), mags (2k), smokes (300), orca (3.5k to pull)

Thats a 36k loadout right their. now if you had turfs, the cost of gun would drop, but still be around 10k depending on demand. This is also considering that you don't buy $5,500 grenades.

Cops buy MX (4k) 10 mags ($500) and a scope ($400)

Cop loadouts are 5k whereas a rebel is approx 15-40k, all depending on turfs and Arms cartel and normally if your doing the bank or PB, you dont have cartels or turf.

@Whitey is right in saying the loadouts are 300% more, if not more around 500% 

Just saying..

Edited by wr4thx
19 hours ago, epTic said:

The problem with increasing group cap is that while it'll level the playing field for the evenings/weekends, it'll further increase the difficulty for cops during the early AM/morning hours. We're used to having~5 cops online, usually 1 or 2 cadets and the rest constables, and we're on a constant rotation from the bank to the fed and back again. 

I'm all for reworking the bank, it's impossible to push unless you have quite a few cops online...rebels will say "just rush the bank in hatchbacks" or "you have a strider, use it", but then you see all of their montages of them mowing down hatchbacks and striders as they push the bank. Rushing banks only works when you have the numbers to play the peaking game, which isn't a luxury we have during the early AM. 

Early morning isn't priority..prime time is, that's when the majority of traffic comes and time, as for ANY business/event, should focus on benefiting that time slot.

Mike Stmria likes this
2 hours ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Early morning isn't priority..prime time is, that's when the majority of traffic comes and time, as for ANY business/event, should focus on benefiting that time slot.

And then even FEWER cops are going to play in the early morning and let rebels have free roam of the servers. 

But hey, if you want Paratus to nerf the economy again, go ahead. 

9 hours ago, epTic said:

Tonight we had 2 orcas and a hellcat going around doing banks/feds/prisons on a rotation, with 5 cops online...we're REQUIRED to respond to that shit...it's not as if we can just say "nah, let's ignore it." even though that'd solve the fucking issue of gangs doing that shit to get kills for their montages. 

Honestly if it was that much of a face rape i would die and then go back to what i was doing.  however i am a guy who genuinely enjoys fighting even if i am 1v10, so i wouldnt mind it.  but again @epTic i do see what you are talking about with it. However i come from a gang where when we fight cops we want some sort of a challenge.  so if there are 4 cops on server 4 and 13 cops on server 3...then you can bet your ass we are going to server 3 to fight 

20 minutes ago, Whitey said:

Honestly if it was that much of a face rape i would die and then go back to what i was doing.  however i am a guy who genuinely enjoys fighting even if i am 1v10, so i wouldnt mind it.  but again @epTic i do see what you are talking about with it. However i come from a gang where when we fight cops we want some sort of a challenge.  so if there are 4 cops on server 4 and 13 cops on server 3...then you can bet your ass we are going to server 3 to fight 

Sadly not many of the other gangs want that challenge, they just want their easy kills.

Mike Stmria likes this
26 minutes ago, epTic said:

Sadly not many of the other gangs want that challenge, they just want their easy kills.

Most gangs like having a challenge, I can say for myself fighting 5 cops is a joke lol and bank money is laughable so thats when I make my money. Also you can't win every fight like if there are only 5 cops on then obviously you wont be able to win against 10 rebels so just don't respond back just like how when there are 5 rebels and 30 cops on at different times obviously you wouldn't try to fight the cops, its the same logic.

Just now, jonah1045 said:

Most gangs like having a challenge, I can say for myself fighting 5 cops is a joke lol and bank money is laughable so thats when I make my money. Also you can't win every fight like if there are only 5 cops on then obviously you wont be able to win against 10 rebels so just don't respond back just like how when there are 5 rebels and 30 cops on at different times obviously you wouldn't try to fight the cops, its the same logic.

We're required by policies to respond, it's not as if the gangs do a bank once every 45 minutes, they go from bank/fed/prison on a loop. 

We have 5 minutes to patrol before another bank/fed/prison is activated...

Just now, epTic said:

We're required by policies to respond, it's not as if the gangs do a bank once every 45 minutes, they go from bank/fed/prison on a loop. 

We have 5 minutes to patrol before another bank/fed/prison is activated...

From my understanding you only have to respond for 1 life and then you can leave.

Just now, jonah1045 said:

From my understanding you only have to respond for 1 life and then you can leave.

Yes, it's only a 1 life required...but as I said, it's not as if they do the bank and then go fuck with other gangs. 

It may be only 1 life for each engagement, but when there's always a bank/fed/prison going on, it gets draining FAST.

Just now, epTic said:

Yes, it's only a 1 life required...but as I said, it's not as if they do the bank and then go fuck with other gangs. 

It may be only 1 life for each engagement, but when there's always a bank/fed/prison going on, it gets draining FAST.

Yeah, Ill admit that I spam Pb/bank as well for a fight when there are at least 10+ cops on but that's because there are rarely other gangs on.I'd rather fight cartels than cops but not a lot of people want to fight anymore.