Strengthen Orcas Again

3 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

Well this is way off topic now and seems to have devolved into bickering.

If I was smart I would lock this thread and stop the madness. However, for now I'll just say please keep it on topic and keep it friendly. 

Continued crazy flame war stuff will result in points and a lock. 

my apologies.

47 minutes ago, epTic said:

It'd be a decent argument if SWAT wasn't getting killed the moment they spawned in by people camping the first ATM. 

Or gangs bugging it out...

Or Striders being paper thin. 

At the fed you shouldn't be exposing strider anyway and at the bank pick diver, I can tell you as a career rebel I hate it when cops go diver. I don't know what you mean by gangs bugging it out because I have also played a lot of cop and rebel and have never seen someone purposely bug out swat.

kryptonthegamer likes this
5 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Same

Agreed

2 minutes ago, jonah1045 said:

Honestly the Orca really isn't paper thin only the side windows are, if you know how to position your Orca correctly and know how to land quickly the chances of you getting shot out are slim.

from the rebel side. face the front of the orca towards the back of the bank at the water as close to ladder room as possible so you dont have to run far.

for cops, just dont let mayhem hot drop you... ;)

maybe bring taru back? (yeah right) lol

Edited by Reavantos
Just now, Reavantos said:

Agreed

fromt he rebel side. bace the froont of the orca towards the back of the bank at the water as close to ladder room as possible so you dont have to run far.

for cops, just dont let mayhem hot drop you... ;)

Nah don't face towards back cause lighthouse will fuck you I usually put it on the bottom facing east hills so lighthouse isn't a threat.

3 hours ago, epTic said:

Remove 7.62 

Easy

The amount of cops with 7.62 isn't significant enough to justify a buff on Orcas...how bout we buff Striders though?

I just want to be able to buy mx's/mxm's from rebel :( I don't see why you couldn't get illegal govt issued gear from a rebel base.

Just now, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

It's possible. When I shoot a pilot landing still at rebel i can one tap him like 200m While flat on ground pointing at me.

Yeah its possible definitely possible but its a lot harder look at this gif where I shoot 3 bullets into someones head from the front angle and then it only takes 1 in the side and he dies. beb0c7586772ee32ca528fd6bc590aee.gif

4 minutes ago, jonah1045 said:

Yeah its possible definitely possible but its a lot harder look at this gif where I shoot 3 bullets into someones head from the front angle and then it only takes 1 in the side and he dies. beb0c7586772ee32ca528fd6bc590aee.gif

Yeah you either shoot higher or lower due to curved glass. What I mean when saying killed in one shot I mean where the Bullet actually hits. I'll shoot a strider window sometimes where bullet clearly deflects and hits elsewhere inside. 

2 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Yeah you either shoot higher or lower due to curved glass. What I mean when saying killed in one shot I mean where the Bullet actually hits. I'll shoot a strider window sometimes where bullet clearly deflects and hits elsewhere inside. 

Honestly  ididnt know that. might be worth looking into more in depth. how repeatable is it?

Edited by Reavantos
3 hours ago, Diseased said:

After playing Aussie Life I don't see myself returning to Altis, the new mod fits my play style perfectly, no more sniping, CQC for days and alot of world pvp. I don't really mind the orca being gone but I will miss the all mighty ifrit, however I think the mod has more to offer and hopefully Paratus will continue to develop mods. 

And RP has returned to the server,except when Gnashes and his crew of "fag hats" left me to fight the cops #rip

Yea I'm debating to just fully transfer to the modded as well, enjoyed it so much yesterday. Pretty much felt the same like I tried Asylum for the first time almost 2 years ago.

3 hours ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

And why are you talking about tactics when you're face shotted every fight you get into? When you boys win you can talk.

Just because I am usually shot fast, doesn't mean I don't know tactics. Don't assume, it makes you look like a fool. Especially when I am merely stating a valid point. If you want to continue to be salty though. I will just unfollow this.

Oh and one last thing, somewhere in here I saw something about everyone having rifles. Constables only get 9mm handguns, and a HK MP5 which is also a 9mm. The orca being rebuffed, would laugh at just at most encounters with the APD.

Edited by Capt Pepper
45 minutes ago, Capt Pepper said:

Just because I am usually shot fast, doesn't mean I don't know tactics. Don't assume, it makes you look like a fool. Especially when I am merely stating a valid point. If you want to continue to be salty though. I will just unfollow this.

Oh and one last thing, somewhere in here I saw something about everyone having rifles. Constables only get 9mm handguns, and a HK MP5 which is also a 9mm. The orca being rebuffed, would laugh at just at most encounters with the APD.

They get a mk20c 5.56 on the actual servers...and assuming isn't something I do. I take facts evident and tell people facts.

8 hours ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Why should you get in trouble for taunting officers? You don't cost them anything but time which they have plenty of, as officers just complain of nothing to do until gangs get on now.

Because RISK.. The thing rebels complained about lacking when people pulled justice wagons out.. Without the chance of losing that 100k orca, same argument given for when they said you couldn't chop a justice wagon!

10 hours ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Well On a real helicopter, they have bullet proof glass that'll catch multiple bullets....and sides that are impenetrable to an ak47's 7.62....so it IS realistic. Plus we're playing a game, and orcas cost over 10% of our money cap.

I don't know what helicopter in real life you have seen.... They are not anything close to being able to defeat a 7.62x39 or 7.62x51 round.  :lol:

Capt Pepper likes this

Fun Fact:

When Asylum was first introduced, Orca's were not flying tanks. You would rarely see them at cartel fights because a 7.62 and 6.5 would penetrate the whole thing. So players knew it was pointless to use those for a fight because it could be a waste of money if they got shot out of them. So most players just used Hummingbirds or Mohawks for the added seats. Then, Bohemia decided to patch them to become flying tanks. 

If there was a way to make them virtually impossible to take down, then Paratus wouldn't even let them be on the servers. That is why the Taru was removed. 

OgreTV likes this
On 3/7/2016 at 0:28 PM, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

I mean, 6.5mm vs a Tactical Vest or carrier light has always been 3-4 hits randomly...they are similar. What other armor do we get? The fact that they work together as a team should not be an argument about the base features of something.

Well I'm glad someone gets it.

The orca should have been removed a long time ago, as should've the justice wagon (Which it did) The orca shouldnt have been some fucking flying tank that was impossible to take down without a 7.62, was simply unfair for cops. (Fine for rebels, of course, but thats not the only faction in this game) and nothing more than a pain for those fighting it. 

The orca now is fine, if you want to have more armor, sacrifice your mobility and get an Ifrit. That should be the payout here. Be fast, or be armored. Not both.

Capt Pepper likes this
On 3/8/2016 at 7:19 AM, Das Otter said:

keep them the same imo, orca's aren't supposed to be tanks that can fly 300kmh and drop soldiers off safely anywhere. That's what ifrits are for. Orca's shouldn't be able to rapidly insert 10 guys without running a risk of being shot down

Thats what they're for to me. Practice landing, get good, and be useful at cartels. 

58 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Thats what they're for to me. Practice landing, get good, and be useful at cartels. 

of course you can still do it, but you have to scout out an LZ first. I have seen some of the best pilots get shot out numerous times. Now in addition to good flying skills, you also need a high sense of visual perception and situational awareness.