S2 SRT

xeL

I'm gonna keep this rather short and sweet. 

I believe the requirement of having to be in the APD on s1 to join SRT on s2 should be removed.  (Still keep it a whitelisted faction, but make it a separate whitelist from the s1 APD to allow civs to join it)

- Increase amount of players that have the ability to join SRT

- Allows this faction to be separate from s1 as it should be due to it being an s2 only faction with no impacts from s1 whatsoever

- More people in the faction = good! (Fun to fight, delays dom win, etc)

"...pointless to have it correlate with APD if your S1 rank doesn't correlate with it in any shape or form." - 10/10 explanation thx Junker

Edited by xeL
Lucien and Junke like this
9 minutes ago, xeL said:

I'm gonna keep this rather short and sweet.  Due to the idea that s2 SRT is not connected at all with s1 APD, I believe the requirement of having to be in the APD on s1 to join SRT on s2 should be removed.  I believe this will help this faction grow, as most of the s2 population doesn't play s1 and this will allow those players who only play s2 to actually attempt to join SRT instead of being completely cut out from it.  SRT had a lot of numbers today and it was fun to fight them when they have a decent chunk of numbers and actual delay the win of domination, and I believe this is a solution to it.

You’re sooo jimmy neutron with this shit bruh I can’t fade it.

Great suggestion for people who want to play but don’t have a gang.

Now I’m just waiting on the career cops who said S2 SRT isn’t supposed to be controlled by APD to comment here 👀

lukee and xeL like this
1 minute ago, Junker said:

Or just make it its own whitelisted faction separate from APD. You just had a post complaining for rules pertaining to SRT. If you make it non-whitelisted your frits will be shedded again.

I never said it should be non-whitelisted.  What you said is what I want it to be.  Whitelisted but make it so s2 players can apply.  Not only s1 cops.  I'll make that more clear in the post.

Edited by xeL
/|/|0T4RD likes this

+1 from me, this is how it should've been from the start, it was always a weird idea imposing a "roleplay faction" onto a combat-only server. People not being allowed on SRT because they are kicked off cop for their roleplay points and people not being allowed on roleplay cop because they bullied an LT who went crying - should not be creating more barriers to people who want to play only 1 of the 2....

/|/|0T4RD, xeL, lukee and 1 other like this
12 hours ago, xeL said:

I'm gonna keep this rather short and sweet. 

I believe the requirement of having to be in the APD on s1 to join SRT on s2 should be removed.  (Still keep it a whitelisted faction, but make it a separate faction from the s1 APD)

- Increase amount of players that have the ability to join SRT

- Allows this faction to be separate from s1 as it should be due to it being an s2 only faction with no impacts from s1 whatsoever

- More people in the faction = good! (Fun to fight, delays dom win, etc)

"...pointless to have it correlate with APD if your S1 rank doesn't correlate with it in any shape or form." - 10/10 explanation thx Junker

The requirements to be able to join or keep your rank in the APD is very minimal and very easy to maintain. 

I guarantee you, if they were to increase the amount of players that could play SRT at one time, you guys will complain and it will either go back to its current amount of ten players or even lower possibly. 

Cant be a separate faction because there are now policies that have to be followed for SRT. Unless something is done where you have to join SWAT in order to play SRT [ Which would then take us back to your point of opening SRT to anyone. ] I dont see anything being changed for SRT.

Edited by zdeat
11 hours ago, zdeat said:

The requirements to be able to join or keep your rank in the APD is very minimal and very easy to maintain. 

I guarantee you, if they were to increase the amount of players that could play SRT at one time, you guys will complain and it will either go back to its current amount of ten players or even lower possibly. 

Cant be a separate faction because there are now policies that have to be followed for SRT. Unless something is done where you have to join SWAT in order to play SRT [ Which would then take us back to your point of opening SRT to anyone. ] I dont see anything being changed for SRT.

Point 1) "The requirements to be able to join or keep your rank in the APD is very minimal and very easy to maintain. "

- Why do I have to join the APD on s1 to join a faction that is solely based on s2 and does not have any impact or crossover or connection from s1.

Point 2) "I guarantee you, if they were to increase the amount of players that could play SRT at one time, you guys will complain and it will either go back to its current amount of ten players or even lower possibly. "

- No one is talking about increasing player slots, the 10 slots do not get filled ever.  We are simply talking about allowing more players to join the faction to hopefully fill these 10 slots more often than not.

Point 3) "Cant be a separate faction because there are now policies that have to be followed for SRT"

- Why not, it can still have policies and a ranking structure even if it's a separate faction

Point 4) "Unless something is done where you have to join SWAT in order to play SRT"

- No, because SRT (the s2 side of things), has nothing to do with s1.

Edited by xeL
Lucien and /|/|0T4RD like this
10 hours ago, zdeat said:

True. People did complain that SRT wasn't binded by any APD policy in S2, now that it is they what it unwhitelisted. There wouldn't be able to be any policy for it at that point and things will go back to the previous problems.

The visible ranks on SRT are accurate to the S1 server and it's almost as if it's the exact same as S1 now that there are actual policy for it (obviously excluding the soleley PVP part of it all). I honestly see no reason why people are still so bothered by the existence of SRT and it being in the S2 server. Why would you give a fuck if people who prefer cop want to come to a PvP environment who dont normally play civ enough on S1 to be established in any of the major gangs, or those who dont want to deal with gangs in general. Some people just dont enjoy civ life on asylum because these days its practically PVP 24/7 for civ's whether you're on S1 or S2...

SRT has no cost for loadouts/vehicled yet have to pay garage fee's, respawn fee's, make significantly less unless we actually coordinate and have access to very limited and honestly very shit guns unless the Officer actually puts in some work into SRT. Make 20k per uncap but if we die 4 times in the process of uncapping a point then we dont make a thing, getting kills isn't really an achievable thing for SRT either. The purpose of SRT is to have an opposing 3rd party to extend the gameplay in S2.

I honestly see no logical sense or reason for why people complain so much about a whitelisted faction in an only occasionally open server that serves a purpose and already has access to minimal equipment, everyone enjoys combat.  Just seems like S2 mains and civ's just want something to complain about these days rather than putting out any justifiable reasoning for their wants. You guys wanted policy, policy was made and now you want more, typical get an inch take a mile mentality. Nothing is wrong with SRT so leave it alone. 

There couldn't be policy for it if random civ's will be mainly filling the slots.

I wouldn't be apposed to changing things up though, maybe having SRT restricted to swat and higher up's. Would give more benefit to people actually wanting to attain swat, it would also bind the 2 servers more together.

Edited by Repto
1 hour ago, Repto said:

True. People did complain that SRT wasn't binded by any APD policy in S2, now that it is they what it unwhitelisted. There wouldn't be able to be any policy for it at that point and things will go back to the previous problems.

The visible ranks on SRT are accurate to the S1 server and it's almost as if it's the exact same as S1 now that there are actual policy for it (obviously excluding the soleley PVP part of it all). I honestly see no reason why people are still so bothered by the existence of SRT and it being in the S2 server. Why would you give a fuck if people who prefer cop want to come to a PvP environment who dont normally play civ enough on S1 to be established in any of the major gangs, or those who dont want to deal with gangs in general. Some people just dont enjoy civ life on asylum because these days its practically PVP 24/7 for civ's whether you're on S1 or S2...

SRT has no cost for loadouts/vehicled yet have to pay garage fee's, respawn fee's, make significantly less unless we actually coordinate and have access to very limited and honestly very shit guns unless the Officer actually puts in some work into SRT. Make 20k per uncap but if we die 4 times in the process of uncapping a point then we dont make a thing, getting kills isn't really an achievable thing for SRT either. The purpose of SRT is to have an opposing 3rd party to extend the gameplay in S2.

I honestly see no logical sense or reason for why people complain so much about a whitelisted faction in an only occasionally open server that serves a purpose and already has access to minimal equipment, everyone enjoys combat.  Just seems like S2 mains and civ's just want something to complain about these days rather than putting out any justifiable reasoning for their wants. You guys wanted policy, policy was made and now you want more, typical get an inch take a mile mentality. Nothing is wrong with SRT so leave it alone. 

There couldn't be policy for it if random civ's will be mainly filling the slots.

I wouldn't be apposed to changing things up though, maybe having SRT restricted to swat and higher up's. Would give more benefit to people actually wanting to attain swat, it would also bind the 2 servers more together.

Responded in DMs

Edited by xeL
1 hour ago, Repto said:

I'll recede this comment after a very well spoken talk with lex. I completely misread his initial thought and our talks on suggestions and what he thought of with this one really cleared up a lot. Asylum really does currently have the tools to make this a feasible thing, it just needs some reworking and tweaking.

Putting our conversation very short I definitely wouldn't mind seeing some change to how SRT is used really. Obviously while still keeping some sort of policy in mind.

The easiest way I see it being done personally is switching S2's SRT whitelist over to S1's swat whitelist rather than its general APD one and allowing SRT to only be used by swat certified cop's, reducing them down to allowing any cop rank to apply for it or have it standard if a high rank. as well as creating some sort of system and requirement to allow S1 civ's and the general populace to be able to apply for the swat whitelist as well.

Those people wouldn't need to be affiliated with the APD at all but its requirements, acceptance and tracking will still be controlled by the current swat command since its whitelist will still work in tandem with the normal functions of the swat whitelist for the APD on S1, in reference to fed event response and such. The swat whitelist on S1 is only really worth anything if they have the APD whitelist to go along with it anyways so I don't see any concern with abuse really.

This would definitely allow the SRT faction to gain the use it needs over the general weekdays when its population is noticeably very low compared to the weekends attendance. It would also be easy to manage as well as give the current swat command a bit more duty to attend to as its already a rather small aspect to the APD and the civ's to have a different playstyle if they choose to do so as well.

The new policy would also still be good to have in affect since the SRT will still be APD commanded and is already seen as a cop faction. People will be able to put in IA's all the same for civ and cop players on an SRT slot and they can still be dealt with accordingly, having their whitelists removed and notes added by APD staff.

Theres a good chance I may be missing some smaller parts of our long conversation but I would definitely support an idea like this.

xeL likes this
  • 2 weeks later...