Should they lower the police age limit

should they lower the police age limit   

97 members have voted

1. 1. should they lower the police age limit

Exceptions are made. You just need to talk to a Captain. I honestly think that if the player is mature enough to be placed in a position of responsibility and stature they should. Now, in the captains point of view, this is mostly achieved at a older age.

Im not going to throw out any names here, but when I try to talk to a cop who sounds like a 12 year old, I cant really take him seriously. Everyone should get a open chance at being a cop. It should at least be lowered to 15, but players from that age to 17 should be punished more severely.

The age limit is fine.  There are plenty of things to do on the civ side of things while you're waiting to get older and die.  You could perhaps enjoy your childhood by doing things other than video games, but I understand that this is not possible for everyone.  There also should not be exceptions, as you cannot make a concrete judgement on someone's maturity based off an application and interview.  Really, if anything can be done to prevent immaturity and "robo-copping", then it should be done.  I think I speak for most of the community when I say that I feel much better knowing that the police force is not full of 12 year olds. 

Olivia likes this
19 minutes ago, Bersabee said:

Exceptions are made. You just need to talk to a Captain. I honestly think that if the player is mature enough to be placed in a position of responsibility and stature they should. Now, in the captains point of view, this is mostly achieved at a older age.

Im not going to throw out any names here, but when I try to talk to a cop who sounds like a 12 year old, I cant really take him seriously. Everyone should get a open chance at being a cop. It should at least be lowered to 15, but players from that age to 17 should be punished more severely.

was done. failed.. never again :)

Before you submit an application, you must meet the following requirements:

• Played at least 14 out of the last 30 days with 1 hour played each of those days on Asylum
  • Able to use voice communication, and speak English
  • At least 17 years of age, those younger than 17 may not apply as **we are no longer making exceptions**
    If applicant is 17 years old, points received are doubled
    • Grandfathered applicants 16 years and younger, points received are quadrupled
    • All applicants younger than 18 must declare a birthdate on their application or your application will be denied
  • Currently not blacklisted from Asylum or from the APD
    • Underage applicants who lied on a previous application are still blacklisted
  • Applicants must be 17 years or older to gain the rank of Corporal or above
  • Application must be formatted in the current standard format as explained here.
Olivia likes this

I have two suggestions.

Make RP performance worth 50% of the ride along scoring. Boom, less shitty Cadets.

Make Cadets report lack of RP from Constables while in Cadet week. Boom, less shitty Constables.

#inaperfectworld

NvpDO.gif

3 hours ago, Bersabee said:

Yeah. When I saw Kalier as a cadet I laughed my ass off. I started playing with a voice changer to RP with cops and compare myself to him

Fuck you

3 hours ago, CrossFade said:

tbh if i ever got downed and arrested by someone of that age i legit would be laughing that bad i couldn't talk about it then would be salty about being robo copped by a 12 yr old, probably stop playing for awhile... i mean.... the squeak... is real on some. :D

I don't robocop <3

3 hours ago, Cifunds said:

• Applicants must be 17 years or older to gain the rank of Corporal or above.

I remember there was a 16 old LT can't. Really remember the name, G.A.F. Nathan knows him for sure. 

Things change huh :D

Think his name was niccom?

Edited by Midamaru
3 hours ago, Bersabee said:

Exceptions are made. You just need to talk to a Captain. 

No. We no longer do any sorts of exceptions.

The age requirment lowering was done for a test period, clearly you can see what ended up being decided after the testing period.

As far as my on opinion(although a thread such as this one pops around every week): I think the age limit should stay in tact as every time it lowers it ends up with results which are not the best.

Olivia likes this
3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I legit had a constable the other day send me straight to jail for a bank robbery charge, no ticket nothing

I don't understand why people play cop if they're not doing it for RP. Why people would sacrifice a solid chance at some RP just to be a condescendingly cocky cop or to make some extra money? 

If I'm not getting solid, enjoyable RP while on duty, I'm out. I'm not there for ranks, money or play time. I'm too old to pretend to respect anyone on a video game, not even close to caring. I'm there for RP. It's completely obvious that RP is the last thing on their minds now. 

Uninformed Cadets become uninformed Constables, who become experienced uninformed constables who teach cadets to be just like them. Viscous circle.

Big Fred, Sky and Voltage like this

I don't have a problem with young people being cops, it's just that they have a higher rate of dumbass-ery. I think as long as they're able to talk without sounding like they've recently made use of excessive amounts of helium, there probably isn't a problem. 

EDIT: This means the ones who aren't making posts on the forums that a monkey with Down Syndrome would be ashamed of.

Edited by ProjectGemini
10 minutes ago, bowly97 said:

Tbh the roll play w most cops, besides hard core RP'ers like Lennie, is terrible. Idk how to fix it it just seems like everyone just wants the money. 

The RP you get is usually depending on how the suspect handles the situation.  I have no problem talking to people for 30 minutes+ but if the first thing they say is something about group chatting or cheating or money hungry things usually end up all fucky.  I cant tell you how many times I ask someone to explain their charges and all they do is scream and complain about something instead of defending themselves.  It makes me sad.  That said, we all know there are cops that play cop just for the money, sadly there is no rule against that.  If i see people flat out robocopping I try to step in if I can, but we can only do so much without proper reporting.

Edited by HotWings
1 minute ago, HotWings said:

The RP you get is usually depending on how the suspect handles the situation.  I have no problem talking to people for 30 minutes+ but if the first thing they say is something about group chatting or cheating or money hungry things usually end up all fucky.  I cant tell you how many times I ask someone to explain their charges and all they do is scream and complain about something instead of defending themselves.  It makes me sad.  That said, we all know there are cops that play cop just for the money, sadly there is no rule against that.  If i see people flat out robocopping I try to step in if I can, but we can only do so much without proper reporting.

Thank you 

9 hours ago, Voltage said:

I legit had a constable the other day send me straight to jail for a bank robbery charge, no ticket nothing

Sure hope you reported it.  I will not stand for bullshit like that.

If an officer robocops you but doesn't explicitly break any rules you can still report it.  We'll make a mental note of that officer's true character and will keep it in mind when promotion time comes up.  In short the IAD works, but only if you lovely civs use it.  ; )

Big Fred likes this
Just now, Olivia said:

In short the IAD works, but only if you lovely civs use it.  ; )

And please for the love of jeebus make the report professional, have evidence, and follow the formatting.  Coming off as pure salt and just mashing a report in there that makes no sense and has no evidence does no good for anyone.

Just now, HotWings said:

And please for the love of jeebus make the report professional, have evidence, and follow the formatting.  Coming off as pure salt and just mashing a report in there that makes no sense and has no evidence does no good for anyone.

LOL okay forums are definitely buggy, no way I hit my daily limit already.  But you get the point.

4ed2da590bbb2dac74aed2296fb67d59.png

5 hours ago, Olivia said:

Sure hope you reported it.  I will not stand for bullshit like that.

If an officer robocops you but doesn't explicitly break any rules you can still report it.  We'll make a mental note of that officer's true character and will keep it in mind when promotion time comes up.  In short the IAD works, but only if you lovely civs use it.  ; )

tve13099-304-215.gif

Olivia.....please..........alright

Olivia likes this

For under age individuals the cadet week ought to be multiplied or tripled. The captain approval system/framework was a good as that there are younger people who fully understand every aspect of roleplay (past experience, as @Kalier). The motivation behind why I say this is on account of civilian life is genuinely dull, regardless of the possibility that you can join gangs. It's uncalled/unfair for how individuals who were grandfathered, can stay in the A.P.D however other people who are underage can't have any form of enlisting in the A.P.D.

Kalier likes this