Okay guys I know I'm not well known on this community. I know you guys are probably going to say "just record and report the players." I record 24/7 and report every player that I've came across breaking the rules. But when you have so many players constantly rdming it just all around ruins rp. I play on server 4 and come across massive rdmers daily. Sure, posting the video and what not will get them banned for 3 days(imo should be a lot longer). But not to sound disrespectful, it takes you guys way to long to actually ban that said player. I really want to know how hard it would be to have at least 1 admin on watching over the server? I know there's the constant side chat whining of rdm accusations. But what about the player that is showing up every other 5 mins with a kill? How hard would it really be to have an admin on to investigate cases on the spot while they are actually happening? Like this, so and so said there was rdm the said admin could teleport to that said location and see it actually happening himself and ban the asshat on the spot to reduce more damage from being done. If that was possible I could easily see the amount of rdm cases going down thus making the server a lot more enjoyable. And I'm not talking about just kavala. I see massive rdmers in every major city now and not just kavala. Thanks to those that read this rant. I just want to open this up for discussion.

Sadly due to technical limitations, investigating RDM from a third party perspective is pretty much impossible. There is no way to know whether or not active combat is ongoing, whether they've been texted to put their hands up or die, whether someone has issued a command or any of the other possible intangible factors.

Then there are the logistic limitations of having people spending their time just sitting in the server waiting for a possible RDM incident.

I totally understand your frustration and I agree that sometimes the time elapsed between the incident and the ban can be too long, but right now we're working to the best of our ability within the practical and technical limitations. I realize this is probably not the answer you're after but I hope it at least clarifies why we do things the way that we do. 

Well if an active admin was created, couldn't they be aloud to just script teleport? I'm sure they'll see for themselfs of the rdm. I'm really not talking about someone shooting one person because they're pissed off or what ever. I'm really talking about the people who repeatedly sit in the cities and kill. It seems to be pretty bad on server 4

Just now, Time for you to get some said:

Well if an active admin was created, couldn't they be aloud to just script teleport? I'm sure they'll see for themselfs of the rdm. I'm really not talking about someone shooting one person because they're pissed off or what ever. I'm really talking about the people who repeatedly sit in the cities and kill. It seems to be pretty bad on server 4

You still cannot prove if someone texted you or not. The admins are  not going to just take someones word about things, there is far too much room for abuse in that.

Volunteer281 and Snatch like this
Just now, HotWings said:

You still cannot prove if someone texted you or not. The admins are  not going to just take someones word about things, there is far too much room for abuse in that.

Ah yeah true. I really didn't think about the texting factor. Well thanks for the quick reply guys. I'll keep the camera recording and hopfully that can have an impact on these asshats lol.

1 minute ago, Time for you to get some said:

Ah yeah true. I really didn't think about the texting factor. Well thanks for the quick reply guys. I'll keep the camera recording and hopfully that can have an impact on these asshats lol.

Yeah man, I wish there was a better way. I am pretty sure even in cam they cannot hear what is going on either.  The system is built around second, third, and sometimes 4th chances.  People will be expelled if they continue to be asshats tho. Ive seen it a bunch of times.

14 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Yeah man, I wish there was a better way. I am pretty sure even in cam they cannot hear what is going on either.  The system is built around second, third, and sometimes 4th chances.  People will be expelled if they continue to be asshats tho. Ive seen it a bunch of times.

Well when I said cam I meant to say xsplit. Yeah sometimes I forget this is just a game haha. Luckily I'm not an admin, I wouldn't be so forgiving. But hey I'll leave the disiplinary action up to you guys. This is definitely the best atlis rp sever on arma in my opinion! So you guys must be doing something right.

The issue is typically there are 1-2 admins in-game on each server but it's very hard to enjoy the game at the same time as responding to every single complaint of RDM and 9 out of 10 times it usually is a misunderstanding on the complainants side of what our RDM rules are. I will tell you I was in-game on Server 1 banned a group of 3 for mass RDMing then moved to 2 and banned another large group. We are there but you may not know it. It's also an issue that if we do not have evidence, we have to physically hear and see each incident. If you run into a large scale RDM we suggest leaving the city and coming on TS to notify an admin of mass RDM. First step is to get away from the issue.

Whenever you get RDMed once, don't go back there.

If you do go back there, report them.

If you got a recording of them just repeatidly rdming you over and over, i'm sure he won't get off with a "oops, i missclicked while buying something!"

When you don't record, you do go back to it and keep losing your shit, you're just asking for it to happen.

Like the admins explained, sadly it's not as easy as you feel it could be.

2 hours ago, Das Otter said:

stay out of kavala.

If you don't go there your RDM incidents will drop by 90%

Yeah I never go to Kavala. That place is to much of a war zone. But Usually i'm getting killed in Pygros where my house is. I have xsplit going 24/7 now so ill definitely have some reports up. It seems to always be the Chinese who are rdming. Not sure why that is. 

Asylum is the only community where the admins don't moderate ingame.

It is a suprise, but It doesn't matter. CM's don't care about it so the admins don't have to do it.

They always say it's too hard or impossible but that's just a sad excuse. 

You would have less rdm/ rule breaking if players knew there was an ingame admin presence. 

But gl getting anything to change. :)

Frizzy likes this
7 minutes ago, KevinOB said:

Asylum is the only community where the admins don't moderate ingame.

It is a suprise, but It doesn't matter. CM's don't care about it so the admins don't have to do it.

They always say it's too hard or impossible but that's just a sad excuse. 

You would have less rdm/ rule breaking if players knew there was an ingame admin presence. 

But gl getting anything to change. :)

See below Kevin. Unless it was combat logging (which we can see in sidechat) or the RDM/VDM happened to us directly or we witnessed it first hand, we can only punish players with proper evidence. Record and report. Even when we're in game we can't directly watch what 100 people on a server are doing all at the same time. We're not the NSA.  

3 hours ago, Olio said:

The issue is typically there are 1-2 admins in-game on each server but it's very hard to enjoy the game at the same time as responding to every single complaint of RDM and 9 out of 10 times it usually is a misunderstanding on the complainants side of what our RDM rules are. I will tell you I was in-game on Server 1 banned a group of 3 for mass RDMing then moved to 2 and banned another large group. We are there but you may not know it. It's also an issue that if we do not have evidence, we have to physically hear and see each incident. If you run into a large scale RDM we suggest leaving the city and coming on TS to notify an admin of mass RDM. First step is to get away from the issue.

5 hours ago, Buckwalter said:

Sadly due to technical limitations, investigating RDM from a third party perspective is pretty much impossible. There is no way to know whether or not active combat is ongoing, whether they've been texted to put their hands up or die, whether someone has issued a command or any of the other possible intangible factors.

Then there are the logistic limitations of having people spending their time just sitting in the server waiting for a possible RDM incident.

I totally understand your frustration and I agree that sometimes the time elapsed between the incident and the ban can be too long, but right now we're working to the best of our ability within the practical and technical limitations. I realize this is probably not the answer you're after but I hope it at least clarifies why we do things the way that we do. 

5 hours ago, HotWings said:

I am in. I will police the servers 24/7, but there is a list of things i will need from you. 

1. 5 computers. Since there are 5 servers, going to need 5 computers to have them constantly connected to the servers at all times. And I don't want them cheap ass best buy laptops. They need to be solid computers so I can actually have good FPS to see these RDM'ers from afar. Ohhh and 2 monitors per computer, makes it easier to go back and forth to ban the players.

2. Better internet. This is obvious. Mainly because 5 computers on servers simultaneously, going to need a good ISP and good up/down. 

3. Office building. My apartment isn't quite big enough to hold all 5 computers in its current set-up. So you are going to have to supple an office building so I can have my setup. 

4. Paid Staff. Lets get real, It will be impossible for one guy to watch all the servers 24/7. So I will need to hire roughly 5-7 staff members to help watch the servers. 

5. Salary + Benefits. First off, you are gonna have to pay me better than what my job does now. On top of that, you are going to need to offer me benefits as well as a fair amount of vacation/sick days. 

If you can meet these requirements, we will be golden. Just let me know :-P

Joel, NotSoNutty, Alex:) and 3 others like this
16 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

I am in. I will police the servers 24/7, but there is a list of things i will need from you. 

1. 5 computers. Since there are 5 servers, going to need 5 computers to have them constantly connected to the servers at all times. And I don't want them cheap ass best buy laptops. They need to be solid computers so I can actually have good FPS to see these RDM'ers from afar. Ohhh and 2 monitors per computer, makes it easier to go back and forth to ban the players.

2. Better internet. This is obvious. Mainly because 5 computers on servers simultaneously, going to need a good ISP and good up/down. 

3. Office building. My apartment isn't quite big enough to hold all 5 computers in its current set-up. So you are going to have to supple an office building so I can have my setup. 

4. Paid Staff. Lets get real, It will be impossible for one guy to watch all the servers 24/7. So I will need to hire roughly 5-7 staff members to help watch the servers. 

5. Salary + Benefits. First off, you are gonna have to pay me better than what my job does now. On top of that, you are going to need to offer me benefits as well as a fair amount of vacation/sick days. 

1: Sure i will donate you 2 beast computers and 4 screens
2 uhm if you don't got good internet now then... i just don't know we'll make it work!
3. Don't worry i've seen 20 people crawl out of a tiny car i'm sure we can cram those computers in your appartment! and if you think about it if the computers start getting hot you got a free source of heating! 
4 Don't worry about staff i'll help you out! 
5 well we will have to sit down and talk about the salary and benefits ofcourse can't really discus this in the open if you accept these offers please do reply

oh yeah and just to finish this 

Kappa

Edited by Juan Lei
Killswitch likes this
6 hours ago, Time for you to get some said:

I'm pretty active in server 4.  You can ask any of the regular S4 players.  I take action quite a bit in game on rule violations.  Like the others said, stay out of the areas (Kavala) that you seem to keep getting killed.  Also use the forums to report players.  We are human too and have a lot of stuff to deal with.  We try our best to keep everyone happy, but that will never happen.

Good luck to you!

9 hours ago, Killswitch said:

Hey if one of my powerballs hit I'll take you up on that offer. Or how about just banning BLATANT rdmers who have been reported and proven for longer time spans? I know it was mentioned you guys want to have a forgiving system. But lets be real here. 3 days is a joke. If you guys are going through the hassle of having to watch each of our reports, and we the reporters,are having to put in the time to record and post. Why give them the option to just come back in three days to do it again. IMO ban them for a month. Sure that sounds harsh. But that will easily weigh out those who are going to just be repeated offenders. If they truly gave two shits about the server they would write up a decent an thorough appeal,and post it within this month of time. If not, then they'll just come back in a month and do it again. From there just perma their asses. I'm sure this would lessen the big time rdming up and make your jobs a hell of a lot easier. I would t even have said that if someone didn't tell me word for word "Its alright man report me and I'll be back in three days"

Now with that being said. I hope identity is pay to play. So a paid staff can be implemented. So these dick wads would have to pay a sub and a whole new purchase of a game. I'm sure that would deter these kiddies a bit.

Edited by Time for you to get some
7 hours ago, Subaru said:

I'm pretty active in server 4.  You can ask any of the regular S4 players.  I take action quite a bit in game on rule violations.  Like the others said, stay out of the areas (Kavala) that you seem to keep getting killed.  Also use the forums to report players.  We are human too and have a lot of stuff to deal with.  We try our best to keep everyone happy, but that will never happen.

Good luck to you!

Thank you man! Trust me I stay the hell out of Kavala. How do I even come in contact with you? Every time I try to message an admin in ts I just get "insufficient permission." Trust me i'm not just bitching about when I get killed/RDM. Ill just edit my Xsplit vid and move on and post. All i'm trying to do is stop those that do it on a massive level to other players and ruin the overall RP experience. 

Edited by Time for you to get some
On 4-4-2016 at 6:47 PM, Time for you to get some said:

Yeah I never go to Kavala. That place is to much of a war zone. But Usually i'm getting killed in Pygros where my house is. I have xsplit going 24/7 now so ill definitely have some reports up. It seems to always be the Chinese who are rdming. Not sure why that is. 

True. It's also really difficult if they come with a group. And also 45% of the Chinese don't even try to speak English at all. And some don't even have proper microphones. So the instant you ask if they might be able to type it. You will get that bullet, no matter what. And you can't really shoot back either. Most of them have around 300 ping and so they are mostly teleporting around for me <_<

Unfortunately not everyone his/her pc is not good enough to run Arma and record it as well in case he or she get RDM'd.

Edited by No clue what to put here
grammatical purposes :D