Stop sending restrained players to jail on log out

18 minutes ago, Volunteer281 said:

Unfortunately there are far more people combat logging while restrained than people who log restrained due to game crashes. If people would stop breaking server rules and combat logging then this mechanic would be removed.    

So they go to jail? Cops get nothing, they can log right back in and apologize say they had a crash....get out of rp And laugh at the cops who lost out....it makes it easier to just log back on and say sorry since you know your punishment of jail time already.

Edited by Krypton:)
2 minutes ago, Krypton:) said:

So they go to jail? Cops get nothing, the CHER can log right back in and apologize say they had a crash....get out of rp And laugh at the cops who lost out....it makes it easier to just log back on and say sorry since you know your punishment of jail time already.

They still get banned when witnessed. The "sent to jail" is just an extra punishment. Correct me if I am wrong.

Just now, Zelthius said:

It's easy to tell if someone lags out or ALT F4's. 
(Most of the time)

But there is also numerous ways to get around it such as simply shutting off the pc, having Internet be lost, etc. If you're smart you can pass it off as a real crash very easily, (not giving tactics here)...and what's the point? Cops don't get pays and EVEN IF the rebels get banned.....they would've been banned anyways.

It honestly doesnt change much, but put them in jail in lue of being free. I am less worried about the money and more worried about the implications this has on vet players.  You make you shit steam ticket fail and it is more or less unreportable. I wish it could be proven because I know of atleast a few people that do it.

Edited by HotWings
13 minutes ago, Krypton:) said:

So they go to jail? Cops get nothing, the CHER can log right back in and apologize say they had a crash....get out of rp And laugh at the cops who lost out....it makes it easier to just log back on and say sorry since you know your punishment of jail time already.

I can not believe cops are complaining about lack of money. Cops should make much less money than they do now, because currently cops have no regard for their own life. Shouldn't they since its an RP server? You pay a couple thousand for a full set of gear when a rebel pays upwards of 35 thousand. Also, Constables given the option to lethal whenever they want now is a joke. They don't even attempt to down us anymore, they just siren really far away and then attempt to lethal immediately. So Fix your police force before you come at people for combat logging. What a joke.

Just now, Travis* said:

I can not believe cops are complaining about lack of money. Cops should make much less money than they do now, because currently cops have no regard for their own life. Shouldn't they since its an RP server? You pay a couple thousand for a full set of gear when a rebel pays upwards of 35 thousand. Also, Constables given the option to lethal whenever they want now is a joke. They don't even attempt to down us anymore, they just siren really far away and then attempt to lethal immediately. So Fix your police force before you come at people for combat logging. What a joke.

35 Thousand What the TOP KEK

1 minute ago, Travis* said:

How did you say constables can choose who to lethal? Where'd u find that?

1 minute ago, Travis* said:

You wont see many cops complain about money honestly.  

3 minutes ago, Krypton:) said:

35 Thousand What the TOP KEK

Sometimes its 20k for an MK, 5k for a vest, 5k for a grenade, and then mags. Could be more even with more than one nade. 

1 minute ago, Krypton:) said:

How did you say constables can choose who to lethal? Where'd u find that?

You must not even know you're own rule book. If a constable is the highest rank on and he is the only one on, he may choose to use lethals. That is what i read when i read the rules all not too long ago. OR if there is more than one constable they can vote to use lethals. A higher up should be the only one able to authorize lethal force. 

Just now, Travis* said:

Sometimes its 20k for an MK, 5k for a vest, 5k for a grenade, and then mags. Could be more even with more than one nade. 

You must not even know you're own rule book. If a constable is the highest rank on and he is the only one on, he may choose to use lethals. That is what i read when i read the rules all not too long ago. OR if there is more than one constable they can vote to use lethals. A higher up should be the only one able to authorize lethal force. 

If there is no Sgt+ it requires everyone to vote yes, just not the majority....

Just now, Travis* said:

If he's the only one on of course

No, just no.  It punishes combat loggers, use to be that someone would combat log on you multiple times and you would have to keep dealing with them and it was fucking annoying.  I have also noticed way less people combat log or their game 'crashes' when they are in police restraints now.  All in all, i'm happy the way it works and the only thing i'd want is for there to be a payout for police and bounty hunters if the guy in restraints combat logs.

Volunteer281 likes this
28 minutes ago, HotWings said:

If there is no Sgt+ it requires everyone to vote yes, just not the majority....

Right, sorry. I Do not think that is happening. If there are three cops in Pyrgos and 9 in athira. the three cops in pyrgos almost always go lethals. 

28 minutes ago, Krypton:) said:

If he's the only one on of course

Right, but he goes lethals IMMEDIATELY, He doesnt try to down us. He goes lethal without any RP. Also they rarely stay in rp... Sending messages like "Thanks for the free money" "I win, Thanks for the money"

Just now, Travis* said:

Right, sorry. I Do not think that is happening. If there are three cops in Pyrgos and 9 in athira. the three cops in pyrgos almost always go lethals. 

Right, but he goes lethals IMMEDIATELY, He doesnt try to down us. He goes lethal without any RP. Also they rarely stay in rp... Sending messages like "Thanks for the free money" "I win, Thanks for the money"

Those cops are breaking the rules and should be reported.

1 hour ago, Krypton:) said:

So they go to jail? Cops get nothing, they can log right back in and apologize say they had a crash....get out of rp And laugh at the cops who lost out....it makes it easier to just log back on and say sorry since you know your punishment of jail time already.

It's a mechanic that happens when something isn't supposed to happen (Black Magic, aka combatlog).

When you're just playing the game it shouldn't really bother you.. if you get involved into going to jail due dc's that much, maybe you have a problem yourself. It's a fine mechanic that demotivates combatloggers because avoiding jail is impossible once in restrains. (Unless rescued or released ofcourse)

If you think what was prior to this is better you should make one of those quote threads again, they seem to be working for ya.

1 minute ago, Midamaru said:

It's a mechanic that happens when something isn't supposed to happen (Black Magic, aka combatlog).

When you're just playing the game it shouldn't really bother you.. if you get involved into going to jail due dc's that much, maybe you have a problem yourself. It's a fine mechanic that demotivates combatloggers because avoiding jail is impossible once in restrains. (Unless rescued or released ofcourse)

If you think what was prior to this is better you should make one of those quote threads again, they seem to be working for ya.

Ive gotten basically 75% of what I requested, so you're right.

2 hours ago, Krypton:) said:

If people are going to CL....punish them...don't punish bugged players or legitimate game crashes by forcing them to jail with no chance to rp/pardon.

+1 on this. I have seen this a lot of times already. I would say: Remove the "Restrained players to jail on logout" option. OR let at least Corporal+ be able to use lockpicks on bugged players because there are not always Sgt+ available.

2 hours ago, Krypton:) said:

Cops also LOSE money because of this...not sure why it was ever brought into the server honestly.

Please don't forget that we cops are not playing for the money. I know some might do but ok... Also at the moment this came into the game, there was a high amount of people logging after being restrained.

2 hours ago, Volunteer281 said:

If people would stop breaking server rules and combat logging then this mechanic would be removed.    

I don't really agree on this one since Admins/Mods are here for a reason. I understand you want to play the game, have some fun and have a lot of other Admin stuff to do but still. And like I said before: "I would say: Remove the "Restrained players to jail on logout" option. OR let at least Corporal+ be able to use lockpicks on bugged players because there are not always Sgt+ available."

Edited by NotSoNutty
3 hours ago, HotWings said:

It honestly doesnt change much, but put them in jail in lue of being free. I am less worried about the money and more worried about the implications this has on vet players.  You make you shit steam ticket fail and it is more or less unreportable. I wish it could be proven because I know of atleast a few people that do it.

Shadowplay does have an option to be active while not in-game. So when you alt tab out or doing anything else with your computer, you can still use it. This allows me to capture video proof of game crashes.