What happpend to server 6?

bobzen

1 hour ago, Krypton:) said:

Lol they locked my thread suggesting server 6 altis....not like it hurts my feelings 0.0.....I figured people who get 5 fps might actually get to benefit from having it altis but w/e

What I love the most about Australia is how they make it a slide show!  I get about 20 frames on server 6 but 60 on Altis...that's just too many frames for one guy to handle! 

3 hours ago, Krypton:) said:

Lol they locked my thread suggesting server 6 altis....not like it hurts my feelings 0.0.....I figured people who get 5 fps might actually get to benefit from having it altis but w/e

Reason why a shit load of people hate server 6 is exactly that's reason . NO FRAMES! How can you go from playing with 70 Fps to playing with 25-30 . Fml 

I like the server fine, just have no will to grind money anymore. After 4-5 tree runs I start drinking bleach. Hard to make money IMO. Most I have made either by turtles, moonshine or bounty hunting. Currently sitting at a whole $80k and a small house. Only reason I play is the combat. Love the weapons and not having a bunch of boring peak vs peak garbage.

Never had any framerate issues or really bothered with lack of scopes etc...I had a problem with how little money you made for how much effort you had to put in.

I loved the map, I loved the mods, I just thought it was a complete oversight that money was the same value in Australia as it was for Altis, despite the distances travelled and, by association, the risk involved were much larger. If the prices were tweaked to accurately refelct the risk/reward/effort involved, I know my friends and I would start playing again. As it stands, it's not worth it. I won't play the modded Altis version as I hate the map wholly.

As an FYI, there is a USA map on the workshop btw, if you wanted to try that one, but I think if you made those changes to Straya, it'd get populated again.

$45 wageis a joke as an example, where most servers offer $500-$1000 every 5 minutes.

If you increase the value of cash, it means a WHOLE lot more when you lose it as it's such a grind to get it back, whereas on other AL servers, where cash is easy enough to come by (do one heroin run, have enough for a helicopter kind of level) and therefore the back and forth of losing this vehicle, getting robbed for this and that isn't as frustrating as it is in Straya. I don't play games I don't enjoy.

Regards,

The Gent

Gubber Flexx and blinky like this
On 05/04/2016 at 0:35 AM, Mr Smirnoff said:

• People want scopes on Australia, RCO, MRCO, ARCO.
  • People want armored vehicles. Ifrits, Hunters, Striders. (or HMVV etc)
  • People want helicopters! We have all these new helicopters like Huey, Mi-24 and many many more
  • People want better cartel locations and less travel overall. Nobody wants to fly to Perth to fight cartel
  • People want more guns. There are at least 10-15 good guns that did not get added
  • Cops need better guns, on Altis constable gets two fully automatic assault rifles on Aus constable gets 9mm pea shooter and THATS IT. Corporals ONLY get a fucking semi automatic shit. Even bounty hunters get fully automatic rifles. 

With what that is marked red being a priority, all of those are pretty much the reason, but if to go deeper into it:

• Cops will have to spray 5 magazines into a disabled buggy's window just to get the driver out(same with the Ferrari). 9MM does not penetrate their glass so cops = worthless.
  • There are so many other vehicles, weapons, scopes etc. that could be added if mods are already being used, and yet they stay ignored.

If those changes will not be done, I do not see population going up soon, as much as Paratus want this server to be more based around role-play rather than shooting I think we all know the nature of the Asylum community and their love to combat, gang wars, cartels, and 400+ Meters shots being possible.
And balance too, even though this is being ignored whole lot currently.

Edited by Zoex
2 hours ago, The Gent said:

Never had any framerate issues or really bothered with lack of scopes etc...I had a problem with how little money you made for how much effort you had to put in.

I loved the map, I loved the mods, I just thought it was a complete oversight that money was the same value in Australia as it was for Altis, despite the distances travelled and, by association, the risk involved were much larger. If the prices were tweaked to accurately refelct the risk/reward/effort involved, I know my friends and I would start playing again. As it stands, it's not worth it. I won't play the modded Altis version as I hate the map wholly.

As an FYI, there is a USA map on the workshop btw, if you wanted to try that one, but I think if you made those changes to Straya, it'd get populated again.

$45 wageis a joke as an example, where most servers offer $500-$1000 every 5 minutes.

If you increase the value of cash, it means a WHOLE lot more when you lose it as it's such a grind to get it back, whereas on other AL servers, where cash is easy enough to come by (do one heroin run, have enough for a helicopter kind of level) and therefore the back and forth of losing this vehicle, getting robbed for this and that isn't as frustrating as it is in Straya. I don't play games I don't enjoy.

Regards,

The Gent

^ this is the truth! why make a server where making money is more of a chore then making money IRL i never really understood that cause atm all the servers are really low pop besides like server 4 but either way the servers are decreasing in pop and we can't blame The devision cause that shit isn't hype no more! I all honesty if they made it easier to make cash and did something about money cap people would come back to asylum.

P.s i know some of you may disagree but this is my opinion on why the servers are so low pop lately!

3 hours ago, The Gent said:

Regards,

The Gent

20 minutes ago, Mr. Meeseeks said:

^ this is the truth! why make a server where making money is more of a chore then making money IRL i never really understood that cause atm all the servers are really low pop besides like server 4 but either way the servers are decreasing in pop and we can't blame The devision cause that shit isn't hype no more! I all honesty if they made it easier to make cash and did something about money cap people would come back to asylum.

P.s i know some of you may disagree but this is my opinion on why the servers are so low pop lately!

There's also another problem that ties into this: the fact money doesn't transfer between servers. In order to get ahead in Asylum, you basically need 2 lives, in game life and IRL.  With the addition of Aussie and it's grind of starting over, it's not surprising people just stick with Altis where they have everything(especially will all the examples in this thread, performance etc)

FWIW I tried out probably the second most popular altis life servers.  I'm not sure all the prices of everything, but I did 1 weed run in a HB~ 176k.  For comparision a HB Sport was around 35k, rooks 5k, PDW 10k.  So 1 weed run and I was able to buy some things. Asylum?  1 weed run in a small car ~ 10k, and we all know that wont buy shit. The weed run also took less time than an asylum weed run and was basically auto gather...and was in a much more secluded place, not a wide open RDM zone.  

I do enjoy server 6, but now that the numbers are getting so low, I just jump on altis.  Looking past the problems, I do enjoy the freshness of Aussie, but when  I see no more than 15-30 people on over the course of a few hours I just keep joining Altis.  Don't want to play on a dead life server. 

I personally think the money starting over and the nerf to some of the money things is the issue.  Its hard to grind when you already have it all on the other servers.  But building your empire is part of the fun too.  We just have this mindset here that you shouldnt have to grind for things and its causes way too many issues.

Jalapeno likes this
36 minutes ago, HotWings said:

I personally think the money starting over and the nerf to some of the money things is the issue.  Its hard to grind when you already have it all on the other servers.  But building your empire is part of the fun too.  We just have this mindset here that you shouldnt have to grind for things and its causes way too many issues.

I really agree with what you said. Must people believe they shouldnt have to grind for things. But honestly, in the end it's worth it.

5 hours ago, HotWings said:

yea some people may say if you dont want to grind for money then your pretty much lazy but when you got other things to do in life other then play video games you dont want to spend that time just constantly grinding for money just to spend in in like an hour for a rebel load out, it eventually just causes people to leave cause asylum becomes more of a farming simulator rather then a game to play with friends.

blinky and The Gent like this