The quick peeking problem

Lock in Adaptive Crosshairs?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see some changes in regards to crosshairs?

• Yes, lock in "Adaptive Crosshairs"
    • No you pleb, I enjoy this 1337 meta.
    • Just remove crosshairs all together.

The latest meta "quick peeking" is running more and more rampant and crippling an otherwise fun and engaging Cartel/Prison/Bank experience, would you like to see adaptive crosshairs locked in and the removal of static ones? 

Just my two cents, once you know how to use and exploit this "tactic" to your advantage, it really removes any challenge presented in the game. 

Edited by Sergio
16 minutes ago, Sergio said:

The latest meta "quick peeking" is running more and more rampant and crippling an otherwise fun and engaging Prison Break/Bank experience, would you like to see adaptive crosshairs locked in and the removal of static ones? 

just my two cents, once you know how to use and exploit this "tactic" to your advantage, it really removes any challenge presented in the game. 

in all reality, its pretty much mandatory to quick peek, due to the fact that you have so many cops hard aiming and pre firing anyways.

We have 4-5 spots to sit in when robbing a bank or doing a PB, and cops can be pretty much behind any sorts of cover ADS'ing

I would say remove all together, but, once you've played long enough, cross hairs just help line up the shot better. 

I play KOTH (Code four gaming server) without crosshairs and im still quickpeeking in the towers. 

Edited by wr4thx
Sergio, Mike Stmria and Spencer like this
1 minute ago, Sergio said:

The latest meta "quick peeking"

I'm sorry but what rock have you been lying under?
Being mad about people quick peeking in Arma is like being mad bout people quick scoping in CS.  

I will however agree though: Force adaptive crosshair.
I can tell you it won't change anything except forcing plebs to learn to line up properly. 
Only noobs need the static crosshair to line up their shots.  B)

1 minute ago, Sergio said:

Bads will be bads. That said, really no challenge at the moment with this quick peeking less than a second because you're dialed in on your target with your static X-hair, which would normally be blocked and effected in dynamic X-hair by a wall. 

What's going to stop people from taping a crosshair to their screen or making an autohotkey to display one externally?

2 minutes ago, Big Fred said:

I'm sorry but what rock have you been lying under?
Being mad about people quick peeking in Arma is like being mad bout people quick scoping in CS.  

I will however agree though: Force adaptive crosshair.
I can tell you it won't change anything except forcing plebs to learn to line up properly. 
Only noobs need the static crosshair to line up their shots.  B)

Hmm do I sound mad? I'm just raising a legitimate problem IMHO with the game, and now that we're experimenting with difficulty settings I feel it's a good time to bring it up.

With nearly 3k hours in arma, I've known about it forever...its just... getting old.

Yes, the dynamic crosshair is more like a reminder that your barrel is occluded by an object.
Something that would be painfully obvious in real life when the fucking gun get stuck in a hole in the wall. :)

Since this is a Life Server after all, I say just remove the crosshairs all together.
We don't need them. Your voice is your primary weapon anyways. .

Sergio, Eric916 and SpooderGuy like this
4 minutes ago, explicit said:

What's going to stop people from taping a crosshair to their screen or making an autohotkey to display one externally?

Taping an IRL crosshair on your screen is the dumbest shit ever. It will be very inaccurate due to the fact your outer screen is nowhere near the actual pixels.
Just try it and see for yourself.

External AHK's and internal screen crosshairs will occlude your sights when you go into 1st person and become a nuisance imo.
People will do it though, if we remove the crosshairs all together.

Just now, Infidel said:

Been playing religiously on US2 and CA4 and they don't have a crosshair on either of my computers.  Just logged into US2 and still no crosshair.

Sweet!
I need to try them out.
Hope they keep it that way.... and hope they disable the autolead on 30mm cannons and up.

Quick peeks will exist to some extent whether crosshairs exist or not. That being said without them CQC would be fucked. Everyone that needs to push an objective like a bank or building would be destroyed because they cant set up their shot fast enough.

Unless your good or something, but fuck that skill shit, id just buy an mk200

Edited by DreamC