Way around the donation limits

Obviously I will probably get shit for this but just an idea :

1. Since you can't limit hatch sports - is it possible to do some kind of coding indicator like this -

If(PlayerX === IsDonor)

{

Vehicle_Hatch_Sport_021>MaxSpeed = Maxspeed + 100

}

Obviously shit suedo code , but you may be able to set it so if you are a donator your vehicle limit is possibly higher? Kind of like the mount speed increase for doing recruit a friend if you have ever played world of warcraft. Make it like a buff

2. Idk if you can still limit the colors for the vehicles - if you can't then Maybe make the vehicle colors as unlocks ingame such as like acheive X or Y amount of money / prestige to unlock or donate to unlock it right away -  and make the ability to unlock these colors kind of a bitch so that way donating is actually saving them time and still keeps the old system of it.

3. If all else fails restrict donor spawing to minimum of rank 1 - this would make donating still heavily favorable and benefitial

If all idea's are shit , then sorry. Figured these might be worth a looking at @bamf , @Gnashes , @Volunteer281 , @KBW , @Motown, @Olio

Mahdizzle, Big Bird and SpooderGuy like this
18 minutes ago, Volunteer281 said:

@Sugarfoot Thanks for the idea. Will send this up the chain to see if any of this may help. Paratus is doing everything he can to make donating and donor perks as appealing as possible. 

Or just let donators be able to BUY them and non donors HAVE to CRAFT them. Same goes for mohawk. If donors want to craft them maybe they can at a reduced cost?

Because it is still pretty costly for non donors to make them considering how much of a pain in the ass it is to get rubber just for one car which will probably get chopped by a troll or .50ed at rebel. You could also make sport hatches more expensive to craft. As far as the mohawk goes, just make it 20 rubber for non donors as opposed to 10. Considering non donors will most likely just buy them, but can still craft them at the original price. 

Current Prices:

(CH-49 Mohawk - $30,000 Cash, 1 Flawless Diamond(2), 20 Processed Oil(20), 10 Rubber(20) - [base Sell: $100,000] (Weight: 42))

(Civilian Hatchback Sport - 13 Iron Ingot(13), 10 Processed Oil(10), 3 Rubber(6) - [base Sell: $5,000] (Weight: 29))

EXAMPLE: 

DONOR CRAFTING COSTS (Or they can just buy them unlike non donors

(CH-49 Mohawk - $30,000 Cash, 1 Flawless Diamond(2), 20 Processed Oil(20), 10  Rubber(20) - [base Sell: $100,000] (Weight: 42))

(Civilian Hatchback Sport - 13 Iron Ingot(13), 10 Processed Oil(10), Rubber(6) - [base Sell: $5,000] (Weight: 29))

NON DONOR CRAFTING COST

(CH-49 Mohawk - $30,000 Cash, 1 Flawless Diamond(2), 20 Processed Oil(20), 20  Rubber(40) - [base Sell: $100,000] (Weight: 62))

(Civilian Hatchback Sport - 13 Iron Ingot(13), 10 Processed Oil(10), 6  Rubber(12) - [base Sell: $5,000] (Weight: 36))

As far as VR suits/CTRG fatigues, that stuff isnt major and can either be removed or available to everybody with talents. 

TL:DR Donors can BUY mohawks/sports, non donors MUST CRAFT them. 

Edited by Axe
Cassettes, Big Bird, Alex:) and 1 other like this
11 minutes ago, Axe said:

Or just let donators be able to BUY them and non donors HAVE to CRAFT them. Same goes for mohawk. If donors want to craft them maybe they can at a reduced cost?

Because it is still pretty costly for non donors to make them considering how much of a pain in the ass it is to get rubber just for one car which will probably get chopped by a troll or .50ed at rebel. You could also make sport hatches more expensive to craft. As far as the mohawk goes, just make it 20 rubber for non donors as opposed to 10. Considering non donors will most likely just buy them, but can still craft them at the original price. 

Current Prices:

(CH-49 Mohawk - $30,000 Cash, 1 Flawless Diamond(2), 20 Processed Oil(20), 10 Rubber(20) - [base Sell: $100,000] (Weight: 42))

(Civilian Hatchback Sport - 13 Iron Ingot(13), 10 Processed Oil(10), 3 Rubber(6) - [base Sell: $5,000] (Weight: 29))

EXAMPLE: 

(CH-49 Mohawk - $30,000 Cash, 1 Flawless Diamond(2), 20 Processed Oil(20), 10  Rubber(20) - [base Sell: $100,000] (Weight: 42))

(Civilian Hatchback Sport - 13 Iron Ingot(13), 10 Processed Oil(10), Rubber(6) - [base Sell: $5,000] (Weight: 29))

NON DONOR CRAFTING COST

(CH-49 Mohawk - $30,000 Cash, 1 Flawless Diamond(2), 20 Processed Oil(20), 20  Rubber(40) - [base Sell: $100,000] (Weight: 62))

(Civilian Hatchback Sport - 13 Iron Ingot(13), 10 Processed Oil(10), 6  Rubber(12) - [base Sell: $5,000] (Weight: 36))

As far as VR suits/CTRG fatigues, that stuff isnt major and can either be removed or available to everybody with talents. 

Good idea's man i like that

Just now, Pentax said:

With my Arma 3 coding knowledge, I'm 98% sure you can't modify vehicle's max speed without modding a server.

Not only that, but people would find ways to break/exploit it.

In all honesty my idea is much simpler. 

And to be completely honest, sport hatches are sorta pay to win, at least when it comes to cops. 

Cops that want to play casually may not want to donate 50 dollars just to be able to catch someone using a sport hatch. 

5 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Hmm well we could exchange that idea with Axe's idea with the crafting / purchase system.

Axe's idea maybe isn't bad, but:

Straight from Bohemia's monetization tos

• Charging players to access your server, if the fees and associated perks do not affect gameplay in any way, is allowed. Cosmetic perks are allowed. Limiting access to only paying players is allowed.

We don't know what is defined "do not effect gameplay in any way" for Bohemia. Cause technically non donors having to craft the vehicle and not be able to just straight up buy it like donors, that is kind of affected gameplay (required playtime for something is increased).

Edited by Pentax
Azeh likes this

Even if this was possible, its a loophole through Bohemias Monetisation rules. You are still restricting in game content and something like this gives someone who pays money a advantage over someone who doesn't which is a no-no.

I've seen multiple servers nearly crumble due to these rules being implemented a while ago and its very hard to find a way around them while providing something in game that people are happy to pay for without breaking any rules. Lets just hope that Paratus has something good under he's sleeve, or I am genuinely worried for the future of this server.

Bersabee, Azeh and Brendon Smith like this

Features like donators having abiliy not to lose repair kit upon repairing vehicle or slim chance not to consume blood bag during blood bagging or painkillers when you use one, wouldn't realy be that op but at the same time I think would make good benefit for a donor.

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Current Prices:

EXAMPLE: 

NON DONOR CRAFTING COST

I feel if this would become a thing then no one would ever sell rubber again, they would just keep it and make mohawks all day selling it for 100k. 

1 minute ago, Sants said:

Instead of trying to find loopholes for these laws a better idea would be to follow them 

lol

2 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

I feel if this would become a thing then no one would ever sell rubber again, they would just keep it and make mohawks all day selling it for 100k. 

Rubber is such a pain in the ass to get.... Seems balanced to me. 

Might add incentive to oil cartel.

12 hours ago, Sants said:

Instead of trying to find loopholes for these laws a better idea would be to follow them 

Exactly this. If Bohemia see a server trying to use a loophole in their rules, they will shut you down again, and Asylum can't risk that happening again.

I still don't get how Asylum was able to go this long without being shutodown much earlier. My only guess is Paratus had some sort of special thing going on with them

Sants likes this
20 minutes ago, Haych said:

Exactly this. If Bohemia see a server trying to use a loophole in their rules, they will shut you down again, and Asylum can't risk that happening again.

I still don't get how Asylum was able to go this long without being shutodown much earlier. My only guess is Paratus had some sort of special thing going on with them

I used to be Admin on WoW Private Server, these servers by law were classified as copyright infringement and would be able to shut them down easily. However it was only copyright under law if they made a profit from it. By changing the context of the words from "Purchase" or "Buy" to "Donate" then it's not a profit because the revenue is from donations which not only bypass the laws but are tax free as well. They are "loopholes" I guess but in the end the people that were playing these private servers were never going to play on the official servers because it costs $15 a month subscription to. 

When Blizzard(Company that makes WoW[World of Warcraft]) figured out that shutting the servers down didn't increase their population they gave up on trying to shut down the servers also because there simply was too many of them, they were being created everyday. 

What I'm getting at is, there isn't anything necessarily wrong with donation perks, it's an incentive for people to donate and since not everyone's pocket is deep enough that they're able to consider donating from the bottom of their heart; perks exist for the average Joe to spend his extra cash on a game he plays often enough that it would benefit him in the long run. Bohemia is contradicting themselves by stating that they do not want to players to pay more for a game they've already purchased. If that is the case, then what are DLC's? I bought the game for $60 shall I keep paying more money for the DLC perks? The perks that Asylum offers are not game breaking or game changing, it does not make your shots better or you able to survive a 7.62 to the chest any better than the next guy, they're more cosmetic perks, and make the game more convenient for you; such as crates in your house.

Edited by Cassettes
12 hours ago, Cassettes said:

I used to be Admin on WoW Private Server, these servers by law were classified as copyright infringement and would be able to shut them down easily. However it was only copyright under law if they made a profit from it. By changing the context of the words from "Purchase" or "Buy" to "Donate" then it's not a profit because the revenue is from donations which not only bypass the laws by are tax free as well. They are "loopholes" I guess but in the end the people that were playing these private servers were never going to play on the official servers because it costs $15 a month subscription to. 

When Blizzard(Company that makes WoW[World of Warcraft]) figured out that shutting the servers down didn't increase their population they gave up on trying to shut down the servers also because there simply was too many of them, they were being created everyday. 

What I'm getting at is, there isn't anything necessarily wrong with donation perks, it's an incentive for people to donate and since not everyone's pocket is deep enough that they're able to consider donating from the bottom of their heart; perks exist for the average Joe to spend his extra cash on a game he plays often enough that it would benefit him in the long run. Bohemia is contradicting themselves by stating that they do not want to players to pay more for a game they've already purchased. If that is the case, then what are DLC's? I bought the game for $60 shall I keep paying more money for the DLC perks? The perks that Asylum offers are not game breaking or game changing, it does not make your shots better or you able to survive a 7.62 to the chest any better than the next guy, they're more cosmetic perks, and make the game more convenient for you; such as crates in your house.

The issue is, Asylum was offering perks that break the rules. Discounts from stores, faster vehicle, house crates. It was a pay to win system if you look at it in the long run.

Look at UK's biggest 2 servers. ALUK and GTA. Once these rules got put into place, they simply couldn't do anything about it. They only get donations out of good will as they simply can not give out good perks without breaking Bohemia rules. However what they have in place is something all round. If they meet the donation goal, then everyone who plays on the server will enjoy a 50% discount in game for the first 5 days of the month.

This is allowed by Bohemia as everyone gets to enjoy these perks, whether you payed or not. As long as they meet the monthly criteria.

The only way I see Asylum getting a good tier based donation system going again, is simply doing it all based off of cosmetics. People just need to stop trying to find loopholes.

Edited by Haych
27 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

I used to be Admin on WoW Private Server, these servers by law were classified as copyright infringement and would be able to shut them down easily. However it was only copyright under law if they made a profit from it. By changing the context of the words from "Purchase" or "Buy" to "Donate" then it's not a profit because the revenue is from donations which not only bypass the laws but are tax free as well. They are "loopholes" I guess but in the end the people that were playing these private servers were never going to play on the official servers because it costs $15 a month subscription to. 

We can thank Arma 3 Life dev (specifically 1 def) and Tonic. Bohemia introduced stricter monetization tos cause of them. Sure you can break the tos and be like "it's not like they're gonna shut down the server", well good luck having a server with no battleye then, where cheaters takes over the server.

2 hours ago, Haych said:

The issue is, Asylum was offering perks that break the rules. Discounts from stores, faster vehicle, house crates. It was a pay to win system if you look at it in the long run.

Look at UK's biggest 2 servers. ALUK and GTA. Once these rules got put into place, they simply couldn't do anything about it. They only get donations out of good will as they simply can not give out good perks without breaking Bohemia rules. However what they have in place is something all round. If they meet the donation goal, then everyone who plays on the server will enjoy a 50% discount in game for the first 5 days of the month.

This is allowed by Bohemia as everyone gets to enjoy these perks, whether you payed or not. As long as they meet the monthly criteria.

The only way I see Asylum getting a good tier based donation system going again, is simply doing it all based off of cosmetics. People just need to stop trying to find loopholes.

I dont find it pay to win, I played since early 2014 and I was fine with not donating but it finaly donated because I looked back at the good times