Bounty Exploit

So I understand how the exploit works but I think there is another way.

So the exploit goes like this I kill people I know to grow my bounty , lock pick his vehicle etc etc.

In no time you can build a 100K bounty and then get turned in by another friend for profit. EZ money but risky.

If you are a bandit and you get a large bounty legit, why can't you choose who takes you to jail?

Mr.Purple likes this

Inb4 lock.......

But in all seriousness think about it this way. 

you're in real life. And you have a friend who is a cop. You know he needs a promotion within the department and you think you have the key to you. You go on a mass killing spree just so he can catch you and be a hero. Bam he get's promoted. it wouldn't be fair to others within the department because they didn't have the same opportunity. Get the bounty and have fun with it. But let everyone have the chance to catch you, and get the reward!

Edited by (IFRIT)Mitch
15 minutes ago, (IFRIT)Mitch said:

Inb4 lock.......

But in all seriousness think about it this way. 

you're in real life. And you have a friend who is a cop. You know he needs a promotion within the department and you think you have the key to you. You go on a mass killing spree just so he can catch you and be a hero. Bam he get's promoted. it wouldn't be fair to others within the department because they didn't have the same opportunity. Get the bounty and have fun with it. But let everyone have the chance to catch you, and get the reward!

LMAO!!! oh man....

28 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Ahahaha.

I'm actually listening to Paratus and KBW code a fix for this as we speak.

It looks like one of the most impossible things to stop people from doing.

Like the guy says one way or the other.. how can stop a money flow that can be transfered in so many different ways?

I think there will always be a way that you won't be able to find it or block it.

But i wish you guys the best of luck, that shit is cheap as fuck and is on the same level as duping.

as @Midamaru said it's too easy to exploit you can't stop but you can log each arrest and have it checked daily, i;e you would save the guid of both the arrested one and the bh(s) then check the logs and see if these guys played before (are saved in same gank, within 1 week or two) it requires a bit or work but with a simple idk call it method (app, w;e u want it to be) it's easy to make it work.

30 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

as @Midamaru said it's too easy to exploit you can't stop but you can log each arrest and have it checked daily, i;e you would save the guid of both the arrested one and the bh(s) then check the logs and see if these guys played before (are saved in same gank, within 1 week or two) it requires a bit or work but with a simple idk call it method (app, w;e u want it to be) it's easy to make it work.

Would be too much work for the administrative staff and time-consuming, would not be the ideal thing to do in this given situation. One good step is to do as Gnashes stated, to prevent gang/groupmate to take in their bounties. 

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

The super simple ways are

#1: Not being able to get anyone i your group or gang as a bounty in the first place.

#2: not getting any money for arresting your gang/groupmate.

Not to say there aren't workarounds; but people have to be a bit more direct-exploitey to do it that way.

What is to stop them from leaving group/gang or buying a second arma account to turn in friends?

I understand why this is such a sore subject as its very difficult to detect.

Also the glitch that HB can softlog and get all new bounties should also be addressed since it would make it

more time consuming to get their friends bounty.

I always turn myself into the PD if I want to clear my bounty.

Usually end up with Parole anyways!

3 hours ago, Heidelberg said:

Would be too much work for the administrative staff and time-consuming, would not be the ideal thing to do in this given situation. One good step is to do as Gnashes stated, to prevent gang/groupmate to take in their bounties. 

you can make an app that analyses the logs in the db and just gives you the result