@bamf love the new aggression system. But need something telling the other guy when he is shot from behind that his name was red. Also its showing same person red even after death so someone can revenge kill and kill same guy spawning all day! People are constant shouting rdm because the guy they killed respawned and then shot them from behind.

the "issues" you stated, are covered in the rules...

If you die and respawn and are still within 5 minutes of combat, you're still in combat.... No new life rules here.... 

but i do agree, that they need to have a system to show whether or not the person who killed you was actually in combat with you, otherwise it will create a lot of reports to go through by people who simply didn't see who killed them...

Olivia likes this

Ty for considering my post. @Jaylen SarrettSarrett sir I do believe ur not allowed to revenge kill... Aka respawn and rush kill them. 5min timer I thought reset after death but with the new red name thing u could be in combat for hours if u kill each other over and over. Unless someone in ur group/gang is still fighting them I'm talking bout full wipes.

Edited by bigjohn561
7 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

Ty for considering my post. @Jaylen SarrettSarrett sir I do believe ur not allowed to revenge kill... Aka respawn and rush kill them. 5min timer I thought reset after death but with the new red name thing u could be in combat for hours if u kill each other over and over. Unless someone in ur group/gang is still fighting them I'm talking bout full wipes.

well, the rule stated " Revenge killing is NOT a form of role-playing reasoning." is not meant to apply within the 5 minute rule, what that rule is saying is that, after combat has ended, you cannot simply use the excuse of "revenge" for killing a person who killed you.. You must re-initiate RP, give a demand and a reasonable time for the person to respond... What you're talking about is the new life rule... which as i said, doesn't exist here.

while we're talking about the new system added 

(this is an old problem, sort of related)

@bamf, in your inventory/phone settings it gives you the option to turn off the floating names (which appeals to me alot since i enjoy the immersion), but the option also turns off tilde completely, idk if possible but if its an easy enough fix, it would be so much better if that option only turned off the floating names above peoples heads, but kept the arma 3 tilde, so you can still get names. 

Just now, Scott said:

LOL

hey,

WE NEED ALL THE IMMERSION WE CAN GET WITH ARMAS SHIT ENGINE.

the floating names are aids imo, they hurt fps too... i'd rather use just the arma tilde, which wouldn't benefit or aid me in any combat way to remove the giant white floating names, it's just aesthetically appealing.

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett
BioHazard likes this
2 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

Hmmmm... Learn something new everyday bout servers didn't know that as long as its within the 5 min timer u can respawn and kos as much as u want. Awesome. I'll start the fight as a fresh spawn and after respawn come back with a 7.62 lol..

I don't think anyone endorsed doing that. If you are solo, you still need to reinitiate. If your group is still shooting, I'm sure there is some leeway. 

Consuela likes this
Just now, bigjohn561 said:

But bamf... Their names are still red after I died. I was solo at a turf war killed one his friend killed me turf was over I respawned and his name is red..!!! And from wat jaylen just said he kills as long as it within the 5 min lol..

there is a difference between respawing and reviving. once you DIED you need to re-initiate unless you are in you are in a group as bamf said etc etc

23 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

@Jaylen Sarrett hey just make sure we are clear on the 5min thing... after u die and not revived u have to reinitiate before u can kill them!

even if its within the 5min window.. and no gang member or group members is around to keep fight going.

since when? Cops don't.... Show me the rule you're referring to.....

even if you're wiped, if it's within 5 minutes, you're still in combat....

quick clarification, the rule is meant towards the solo individual, not grouped individuals.... 

Groups, even after being wiped, are still within combat until the 5 minutes... Solo, you must re-initiate.

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett
12 hours ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

since when? Cops don't.... Show me the rule you're referring to.....

even if you're wiped, if it's within 5 minutes, you're still in combat....

quick clarification, the rule is meant towards the solo individual, not grouped individuals.... 

Groups, even after being wiped, are still within combat until the 5 minutes... Solo, you must re-initiate.

Dude, you're confusing  the masses.

Please, stahp.

On 5/15/2016 at 6:47 AM, Mr Smirnoff said:

yea would be nice if when you are red to someone it should show a badge on your screen @bamf something like "currently hostile to [AG]" (where AG is group you are hostile to. That way you know you are hostile to someone because sometimes you just get shot out of nowhere and even as admin I have no idea was I red to him? Confusing.

To be fair, this is too long to read, etc...I've been thinking, is it plausible that the aggresion system will cancel itself on respawn (not death since their exists the chance of getting a revive)? This will mean making the whole sytem activate as a group, but it will dissapear on respawn individually for each person...also, can the system be implemented in a limited range? It is very interesting that when you are in combat, die, respawn 10km from the action, and someone from your/enemy group starts aggresion with another member of a group they will pop-up red. That way...we keep some sort of fairness combat-wise for people out of the action/not in war with a specific group/gang.

@bamf

@KBW

Edited by King Angelo
13 hours ago, King Angelo said:

To be fair, this is too long to read, etc...I've been thinking, is it plausible that the aggresion system will cancel itself on respawn (not death since their exists the chance of getting a revive)? This will mean making the whole sytem activate as a group, but it will dissapear on respawn individually for each person...also, can the system be implemented in a limited range? It is very interesting that when you are in combat, die, respawn 10km from the action, and someone from your/enemy group starts aggresion with another member of a group they will pop-up red. That way...we keep some sort of fairness combat-wise for people out of the action/not in war with a specific group/gang.

@bamf

@KBW

There is a range currently.  If you are not within a certain distance as the fighting is going on, then you will not be red to the other group.  We likely just need to clear it on respawn and that would fix most of the issues people have brought up.  

Consuela and Mike Stmria like this
On 5/17/2016 at 5:03 PM, bamf said:

There is a range currently.  If you are not within a certain distance as the fighting is going on, then you will not be red to the other group.  We likely just need to clear it on respawn and that would fix most of the issues people have brought up.  

@bamf

Another thing I forgot to mention, this also applies for cops. As a civilian, cops will 95% of the time show their names red to me, and this can in-turn make room for very awkward situations with them and false-positive accusation of RDM.