Rogue Bounty Hunters

Ever since the update, Bounty Hunter abuse is crazy. 

- Downing and then robbing or downing just to ensure no one else get them while their going after someone close by (not in group).

- Downing and turning in for 2K bounty for something as stupid as two hit and runs. Two guys in Kavala square threw themselves at my car. I message police, go down to HQ (but not cops there) so I decide just to go to the court house and pay it off. Well, as soon as I step foot out of the car at the courthouse I get downed and turned in. RIP 12K in gear and by the time I get back my car got jacked. Total loss 20K

- Group bounty hunters trying to force people to shoot at group member then request a new bounty hoping it's the person that just shot their friend. They revive their member then turn in the guy who was defending themselves.

These three examples aren't isolated.

Suggestions:

- Bounty for Downing - someone who isn't on the BH's list. Maybe let the cops know if it happens > 2 times in a certain period. This one rule would solve a lot of BS.

- Robbing / Doing illegal stuff - Disable it for bounty hunters. Similar to medics who can't chop cars and do illegal activities. 

- Small Bounties - 8K-10K or they don't show up for bounty hunters. Small petty shit happens all the time where you get 1K here or 2K here. Ruins the game play when you can lose everything over something so small with no ability to justify your actions. I think 1 BH months ago asked me what happened and cut me lose. 100% since then just down and drag your ass to the court house with little to no RP.

- Losing all your stuff when turned in - If small bounty (8-10K) give player option at court house of paying their ticket off instead of going to jail.

- Forcing Bounties - Time delay on getting bounties for new crimes. Make them go work for it not just follow gun fire, hit a request button and start downing. 

- Permanent Badge - You have to be a high ranking officer to be an undercover probably for good reasons. Why should BH be allowed to always hide their badge and never required to show?

A few rogue BH can cause a bad experience for the masses. And no, I don't want to submit a video every time something like this happens or I would be playing 20% of the time and compiling videos the other 80%. Look forward to seeing some adjustment to this.

Edited by Jones007
add
DeVo and Reco like this
15 minutes ago, Jones007 said:

Suggestions:

- Bounty for Downing - Downing someone isn't against server law for a reason.  It is against server rules if no RP is initiated.

- Robbing / Doing illegal stuff - This is an RP choice for the BH.  Maybe they just enjoy stealing from wanted people  

- Small Bounties - Maybe I can do something about this, but this is not a new problem.

- Losing all your stuff when turned in - Working as designed.  Criminals don't get to keep guns when caught.  

- Forcing Bounties - They are vigilantes who are intervening.  They will of course intervene if they think they can.

- Permanent Badge - Rebels don't have a permanent badge, why should a civilian?

A few rogue BH can cause a bad experience for the masses. And no, I don't want to submit a video every time something like this happens or I would be playing 20% of the time and compiling videos the other 80%. Look forward to seeing some adjustment to this.

Answers to suggestions above. 

If you get RDMed, then report it. The admin's will take action and clean things up. 

william and *Å¡* Flooziez like this

no its honestly bad right now.... trying to fight a carter and we get down from bounty hunter with hunters from far away.... and instead of turning in bounty they leathaled us... im normally very accepting of everything that goes on in asylum.. but this patch is not good.  really horrible

1 minute ago, k1w1z said:

A bounty hunter RDMed me(no RP, was downed), reported it as RDM admin said since I didnt lose anything it was fine. 

Well I'd suggest taking that to a CM.  There must have been some other reason they didn't take action...

5 hours ago, bamf said:

Answers to suggestions above. 

If you get RDMed, then report it. The admin's will take action and clean things up. 

They aren't going to fix something that they just released even if 20 bounty hunters can group up and destroy the rebel experience... My only hope is that the Bounty hunter shenanigan dies down.. and its balanced again.

2 hours ago, BioHazard_ said:

That's a great idea, when a bounty hunter turns you in, you should at least get the chance to pay your ticket first. 

That takes away from an RP situation though. What if I don't like my bounty and want to jail him for spite?

what about bounty hunter able to give tickets for small bountys 1-10k instead of direct to jail, scroll wheel on player - give ticket - automatically gives max ticket for the criminal but only to be done at the court house still to keep in line with the have to take to the court house deal or still send to jail , say he a nugget or something like bamf said , you could then get more RP with people trying talk way out of 1-10k tickets , this would increase RP for tickets of 1-10K 

now tell me why you got 2 manslaughters before i send you to jail ? 

Edited by friendlypilot
15 hours ago, bamf said:

That takes away from an RP situation though. What if I don't like my bounty and want to jail him for spite?

So why do cops have to give the option to pay ticket then. It takes away from the RP situation, what if I don't like my suspect and I want to jail him for spite?

40 minutes ago, eric91611 said:

So why do cops have to give the option to pay ticket then.

Because cops are required by their employer (the government) to process people in a manner set forth by said government (the Captains)

You're free to insta-jail someone you don't like. It's not like we'll ban you for it. You'll likely receive punishment on the APD side for it though.