The Official - Post your PC Setup Thread!

SPJESTER

4 hours ago, JackDilluz said:

ur stupid and prolly new, this is the 1st asylum forums ever, don't lie you troll

Lol what Heidelberg said.

3 minutes ago, Heidelberg said:

You are either trolling or just really incompetent. 

Oh and @JackDilluz

Welcome to Asylum by the way! Looks like you haven't had much experience around here as of yet. Good luck. 

Edited by BioHazard
Heidelberg and GH05T like this

pc specs intel i5 4590, 8gb ram, amd 280x, some mobo, 2tb, 600 watts, case zalman z11 plus.f3d36fb6379db61aaab5b5f4ab9874fa.jpg 

On desk (new desk coming <3) ps4 controller, coffee, wallet, headphones (suck ass) corsair k65 rgb, razer death adder chroma, logitic g430 headset, and the chair is from staples and MY CAT!!! 

0a44a8f9e27adf0992e0ae2ce434a528.jpg  

Edited by It's Ryan
Heidelberg likes this

I'm at work so no pictures, but here's my specs

CPU - I7-3770

CPU COOLER - Coolermaster hyper 212 EVO

MOBO - Asrock extreme 4 z77

GPU - Nvidia, Nvidia 1070

RAM - 32gb Gskill ripjaw

Solid state - 500 gb Samsung evo 850

Peripherals

Corsair vengeance k70

2013 death adder

M-audio producer USB mic

Steelseries extended mouse mat

GH05T likes this
On 8/22/2016 at 1:01 AM, ILostSoMuchStuff said:

jd4P0CC.jpg

Heres my huge high quality monitor that lets me see rats from 15 km away

i6KbLOX.jpg

And this is my pro Steelseries keyboard that makes sure I'm always on top of the fight. I keep the resin so it stays a little sticky (real life sticky keys makes your inputs more fluid and minimizes misclicks).

you spunk all over your lapyop or something ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2016 at 5:47 PM, It's Ryan said:

pc specs intel i5 4590, 8gb ram, amd 280x, some mobo, 2tb, 600 watts, case zalman z11 plus.f3d36fb6379db61aaab5b5f4ab9874fa.jpg 

On desk (new desk coming <3) ps4 controller, coffee, wallet, headphones (suck ass) corsair k65 rgb, razer death adder chroma, logitic g430 headset, and the chair is from staples and MY CAT!!! 

0a44a8f9e27adf0992e0ae2ce434a528.jpg  

Never have i ever met anyone who has the same case as me :D I love it, im pretty sure it cost more than my processor tho :/

01356c36ab13580773818e2b5c88409b.jpg

c1ef288dfa7ffb1db31eae45d99c38e0.jpg

f895d0630adaa18c2a3460d6c9216bb0.jpg

- Specs -

MOBO: MSI Z170A Gaming M5

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k 3.50GHz

GPU: MSI - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 2x8GB (16GB)

Power Supply: Thermaltake SMART 750W

SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB

Tower: Thermaltake Core V71

Keyboard: Razer Deathstalker Chroma

Mouse: Razer Mamba Tournament Edition Chroma

Headset: Razer Kraken Pro Neon Series - Cyan/Blue

Monitor/TV: SHARP 32" LED 1920x1080 Full HD 60GHz

I think that covers it :P

Edited by Sanctus
Pictures
Heidelberg likes this
Just now, Eric916 said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/VndDZ8

This any good?

@Churu. @BioHazard. @Leap. @Ebola

any way i can possibly make it cheaper or is there anything I picked that I should change?

You only need 8gbs of ram unless you are going to do editing or something. That ram, I wouldn't buy, idk I like mine to look nice. Look at hyperx 1 x 8gb stick ram.

Maybe change the kingston ssd to samsung even though samsung is a bit more expensive. Not necessary. 

Other than that it is good if it fits what you want, should play arma at 60fps on ultra/high things.

Eric916 likes this
2 minutes ago, Leap said:

You only need 8gbs of ram unless you are going to do editing or something. That ram, I wouldn't buy, idk I like mine to look nice. Look at hyperx 1 x 8gb stick ram.

Maybe change the kingston ssd to samsung even though samsung is a bit more expensive. Not necessary. 

Other than that it is good if it fits what you want, should play arma at 60fps on ultra/high things.

Cool will probably change out ram I know that is the ugliest ram i've ever seen but I can always upgrade later haha 

Thank you so much!

Edited by Eric916
1 hour ago, Eric916 said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/VndDZ8

This any good?

@Churu. @BioHazard. @Leap. @Ebola

any way i can possibly make it cheaper or is there anything I picked that I should change?

i looked at the build and i have some suggestions:

1. Change GPU to 1060 instead, same price and slightly better power. (of course it is up to you, i have a 970 and works perfectly as well)

2. Pick another CPU cooler cause the one you choose it the same as the stock cooler and wont do jack shit. This is something i personally recommend but you choose as you wish https://www.amazon.com/quiet-Pure-Rock-CPU-Cooler/dp/B00OB40ULU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1473450982&sr=8-4&keywords=Bequiet

3. Dont get a wifi adapter for wifi, they work terribly, get a ethernet powerline adapter instead. smoother and works like a charm. I use this and works fine https://www.amazon.com/ZyXEL-Powerline-Gigabit-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00MUVFOH6/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1473451145&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=Zyxel

EDIT:

Try'n get a gold certified power supply as well, works better. a bronze one might not do the trick

These are my suggestions to your current build, if you have any questions ask on.

Edited by Churu
1 hour ago, Churu said:

i looked at the build and i have some suggestions:

1. Change GPU to 1060 instead, same price and slightly better power. (of course it is up to you, i have a 970 and works perfectly as well)

2. Pick another CPU cooler cause the one you choose it the same as the stock cooler and wont do jack shit. This is something i personally recommend but you choose as you wish https://www.amazon.com/quiet-Pure-Rock-CPU-Cooler/dp/B00OB40ULU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1473450982&sr=8-4&keywords=Bequiet

3. Dont get a wifi adapter for wifi, they work terribly, get a ethernet powerline adapter instead. smoother and works like a charm. I use this and works fine https://www.amazon.com/ZyXEL-Powerline-Gigabit-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00MUVFOH6/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1473451145&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=Zyxel

EDIT:

Try'n get a gold certified power supply as well, works better. a bronze one might not do the trick

These are my suggestions to your current build, if you have any questions ask on.

^^ 

At home:

Nvidia Titan X (Pascal): http://m.imgur.com/a/y58A5

Asus Rampage V

Intel [email protected] ghz

Corsair Vengeance 16 gb ddr4@2666 mhz

Asus pg278q 27" 1440p 144 hz gsync display

Samsung 840 Pro 500 gb ssd

Seagate 2tb hybrid hdd

Logitech G900 wireless mouse

Corsair vengeance rgb cherry mx red kb

NZXT H440 case with rgb led lighting 

Corsair H110 cooler

Corsair AX1200i PSU

Right now:

Sony vaio potato with GeForce 640m

Razer deathadder

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
13 hours ago, Leap said:

@Churu some people have a room that is almost impossible to get an Ethernet into without tearing into some walls, not saying it is really hard but if he isn't the adult, which I assume he isn't, it might be hard to convince them.

why would you need to tear down a wall??? all you need is to plug 2 adapters into a wall socket and its fine... (1 near pc & 1 near network router) Assuming his pc is running on power then he has a wall socket near his pc...

On 8/21/2016 at 8:01 PM, ILostSoMuchStuff said:

jd4P0CC.jpg

Heres my huge high quality monitor that lets me see rats from 15 km away

i6KbLOX.jpg

And this is my pro Steelseries keyboard that makes sure I'm always on top of the fight. I keep the resin so it stays a little sticky (real life sticky keys makes your inputs more fluid and minimizes misclicks).

look at the tabs he is trying to sale hacks 

23 minutes ago, Eric916 said:

WAS SOOO EXPENSIVE THOUGH!!! lol im sure it will be worth it not only for arma but because it's so powerful it should last a few years before needing upgrades. Should be good for editing too so that'll be nice :D 

with the right parts the only thing you will need to update in maybe a couple of years will the the GPU. 

Eric916 likes this
1 hour ago, Eric916 said:

@Churu

I wound up going with an i7 6700k, Asus Turbo 4GB GTX 970, Ram, and uhh well idk but yeah i got the i7 and the GTX 970.. downloading arma now.. should be an improvement over the 10fps i was getting :D 

Nice! You will see a massive gain in performance :) 

Edited by BioHazard
Eric916 likes this