New skins and Vehicles

Flameless

I understand that the past few weeks, devs. and admins have been dealing with many contingencies, ranging from hackers to code hot fixes and patch releases, but the people of Altis as well as Tanoa need a revamp. I've been looking at police to civ. vehicles on other communities and it's incredibly impressive. Asylum needs this! It would be incredibly cool for the APD to receive new vehicles to drive other than those found in the base game. Other cruisers I've seen in-game are incredibly good looking and simply refreshing to drive like the SUV below. Not only new vehicles for both civs and APD, but new lights on the vehicles, skins, mods (task force radio, PLEASE!) and in-game abilities as well. Asylum really does need the update, and I believe it could also interest many new players as well. I understand the server is unstable already, but if we could at least try, that would be fantastic!

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Boonie Hat likes this
2 minutes ago, Heidelberg said:

It would require a modded server, just like when we had Australia. Look how it turned out...

I'm not experienced with server stability nor do I have any knowledge pertaining to server maintenance or how a server runs. Why can other communities run such sophisticated coding and mods while we cant? I understand there's time as well as dedication that needs to be put into, but what is stopping us?

2 minutes ago, Flameless said:

I'm not experienced with server stability nor do I have any knowledge pertaining to server maintenance or how a server runs. Why can other communities run such sophisticated coding and mods while we cant? I understand there's time as well as dedication that needs to be put into, but what is stopping us?

The beauty of Asylum is that you do not need external programs in order to play on it. Idiots, like myself, would spend hours trying to get the mods to work-only to see a message saying we do not have the required files. This would ward off new players, and maybe even some existing ones. 

For another example just look how Aussie Life turned out, no bueno. 

24 minutes ago, Dork said:

you would need to download and install mods.

One of the reasons why asylum is the biggest community is due to the fact of buying the game and loading asylum up and not having to download a bunch of shit off steam.

I understand, but not even Task force radio for a realistic comms. system? That's a shame.

16 minutes ago, Vortex said:

vanilla server's are where the number's are since people don't have the hastle of finding and downloading mods, adding mods would just lower the numbers of people even more, so what would you rather?

Better looking vehicles < people in the server

Yeah, I understand. Thank you.