Upgrade Medics

Hey guys! I was talking to medics and other players and we had a decently entertaining conversation. It started on me running into a medic I gave 35k too. I ran into him a couple days later and asked him if the money helped him any. He said "Well I bought a humming bird but sadly I got lit up by civs and it blew up" I said dang bro, why would people shoot a medic? They are just here to save people but sadly, people are ass holes. We got into talking about people requesting a medic and by the time the medic gets to the guy he has already re-spawned, essentially wasting the medics time.  

Anyways, I feel that medics should get a buff. They earn $800 for each revive. On a good day it can add up. So they buy a chopper. After that they pretty much just keep on keeping on. Reviving people and trying to get to people before they respawn. Nothing else to look forward too.

A suggestion that came up was adding Sports + Orcas for medics. 40k-60k for an orca and 5k-10k for sports. Also, if possible, add ambulances and attack dogs.

{4. Ambulances should have a special perk too them which I cannot think of atm. (Maybe like the magic school bus tv show where they can warp speed through space and be at their designation quicker to get a revive before the civilian/cop re spawns) (also giving the person who got a revive an adrenaline rush because how many times do ya see a human get a revive and the second he gets a revive he gets shot and killed without any rp?) Something to benefit medics + the player needing medical attention and attack dogs that will follow the medic around and if they happen to get held up, the medic can press a key so the dog attacks the necessary target. Attack dog is more of a fantasy dream than thinking it will actually be implemented.. A more realistic idea would be a taser so medics can have something to defend themselves. They are here to help and when people mess with them that is disrespectful. Medics should be able to defend themselves. 

The Orca/sports and Medic weapon should require level 3-4 donor. 

Please do not turn this into a flame thread. I just want a community discussion on how or if medics deserve any type of buff....I would defiantly play medic If I can fly an orca around or if I was paid more for my services. In the end, a 'career medic' would defiantly want something that would make others jealous, motivating them to play medic. Also, a title would be dope such as Doctor / Surgeon.  50/100 revives , ect..

Edited Paragraph {4.

Edited by -Predator-
Ray. likes this
18 minutes ago, -Predator- said:

A suggestion that came up was adding Sports + Orcas for medics. 40k-60k for an orca and 5k-10k for sports. Also, if possible, add ambulances and attack dogs.

What would be used as "Ambulances"? Its highly unlikely there will be another modded asylum after what happened to Australia.

Other than that I do agree that medics should get a few more options on what they should get like being able to purchase or spawn with a backpack to hold more items. And lower the cost of the hummingbird because 20k for a medic heli is a bit much when they only earn $800 per revive and trolls love to blow them up.

Edited by Major Lag

Honestly I feel medics should get base pay of 800, and every 1km they go to revive they get bonus.. even just 100 per km.. would make them not sit in kavala 24/7.

orca yes, 40-60k no. I mean 15-30k would be fine. Limit the orca with pilot and 1-2 seats so gangs can't have medic orcas flying them around and shit.

donor level no, maybe add prestige to medics or titles to pull them out, must revive 100 for hatch, and must revive 200-300 people before getting orca.. that way it's only the hardcore medics who can buy them and not the kavala trolls.. would def make playing medic better and worth it.. 

stun guns would be nice but I can see trolls abusing them, maybe vests would best, make it so medics spawn in with a invisible vest * adds protection but doesn't fuck with appearance*

just a few thoughts I'd like to see added into asylum medics :) @bamf @Paratus

Flashpoint likes this
31 minutes ago, AegonTargaryenTv said:

Why in the world would medics need orca ? 

So they can get to the dead quicker + motivate people to play medic.

There is a really nice red orca with a few (+) signs on it symbolizing a medic and it really is nice to see in a time of need.

Edited by -Predator-
1 hour ago, -Predator- said:

So they can get to the dead quicker + motivate people to play medic.

There is a really nice red orca with a few (+) signs on it symbolizing a medic and it really is nice to see in a time of need.

I play with my friend and see that you are medic in orca so i go ahead and kill my friend to bait you to come revive him so i can steal it. Ez money. Medics do not need orca, they need same talents like police combat medics.

9 hours ago, -Predator- said:

Hey guys! I was talking to medics and other players and we had a decently entertaining conversation. It started on me running into a medic I gave 35k too. I ran into him a couple days later and asked him if the money helped him any. He said "Well I bought a humming bird but sadly I got lit up by civs and it blew up" I said dang bro, why would people shoot a medic? They are just here to save people but sadly, people are ass holes. We got into talking about people requesting a medic and by the time the medic gets to the guy he has already re-spawned, essentially wasting the medics time.  

Anyways, I feel that medics should get a buff. They earn $800 for each revive. On a good day it can add up. So they buy a chopper. After that they pretty much just keep on keeping on. Reviving people and trying to get to people before they respawn. Nothing else to look forward too.

{4.*}-- Ambulances should have a special perk too them which I cannot think of atm. (Maybe like the magic school bus kids tv show where they can warp speed through space and be at their designation quicker to get a revive before the civilian/cop re spawns) (also giving the person who got a revive an adrenaline rush because how many times do ya see a human get a revive and the second he gets a revive he gets shot and killed without any rp?) Something to benefit medics + the player needing medical attention and attack dogs that will follow the medic around and if they happen to get held up, the medic can press a key so the dog attacks the necessary target. Attack dog is more of a fantasy dream than thinking it will actually be implemented.. A more realistic idea would be a taser so medics can have something to defend themselves. They are here to help and when people mess with them that is disrespectful. Medics should be able to defend themselves. 

The Orca/sports and Medic weapon should require level 3-4 donor. 

Please do not turn this into a flame thread. I just want a community discussion on how or if medics deserve any type of buff....I would defiantly play medic If I can fly an orca around or if I was paid more for my services. In the end, a 'career medic' would defiantly want something that would make others jealous, motivating them to play medic. Also, a title would be dope such as Doctor / Surgeon.  50/100 revives , ect..

Edited Paragraph {4.*}-- the one after the sentence that starts with "A suggestion that came up with"

Doctor achievement then my name would literally mean doctor house

Crossfade likes this
8 hours ago, Mike Santamaria said:

I´m sorry to tell you this, but as soon as Cops and Civs have access to Defibs, Medics will never be a powerful role to play. Sorry

You're saying if cops and civilians did not have defibs then medics would be in high demand? True but that would change up the game play a ton. So since that isn't going to happen the best chance to increase players wanting to play medic is to give medics something unique. 

Edited by -Predator-
15 hours ago, -Predator- said:

You're saying if cops and civilians did not have defibs then medics would be in high demand? True but that would change up the game play a ton. So since that isn't going to happen the best chance to increase players wanting to play medic is to give medics something unique. 

There is nothing special that a medic could have since there is nothing other roles in this community could have, plus add to the fact that only newest players play medic, after a while they will go and try civ life and never come back to medic, since there is not even RP with medics

Flameless likes this
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2016 at 8:40 PM, Major Lag said:

What would be used as "Ambulances"? Its highly unlikely there will be another modded asylum after what happened to Australia.

Box trucks I've seen it done before you just make it red  add a white strip to it and a medic symbol or something like that 

Edited by Te.name