Grandfather cops again pls

New Applications are: OPEN

Before you submit an application, you must meet the following requirements:

• Played at least 14 out of the last 30 days with 1 hour played each of those days on Asylum 
  • Able to use voice communication, and speak English
  • At least 17 years of age, those younger than 17 may not apply as we are no longer making exceptions 
    • If applicant is 17 years old, points received are doubled
    • Grandfathered applicants 16 years and younger, points received are quadrupled
    • All applicants younger than 18 must declare a birthdate on their application or your application will be denied
  • Currently not blacklisted from Asylum or from the APD
    • Underage applicants who lied on a previous application are still blacklisted
  • Applicants must be 17 years or older to gain the rank of Corporal or above
  • Application must be formatted in the current standard format as explained here.

as you can see i obv says no longer making exceptions but my question is when will you cause you make it seem like theirs a big difference between the age 17 and 18 which makes no sense i can see a difference between 16 and 18.Also what i have seen is a good population of your server is like some 14 years old but like mainly 15 and 16 year olds i just feel like you should bring back Grandfathered cops.

Brendon Smith likes this

The difference between 16 and 17 years old doesn't seem like a big difference.  I'll grant you that.  However I will say that if you could see the difference in the number of internal affairs reports and complaints we got once we made the limit 17, you would understand why we have the age limit. 

There was a period of time when we allowed cops of all ages to apply.  As far as I know, every single cop that got in under the age of 17 has gotten themselves removed for violating APD policies, except for maybe one or two. 

Just now, Olivia said:

The difference between 16 and 17 years old doesn't seem like a big difference.  I'll grant you that.  However I will say that if you could see the difference in the number of internal affairs reports and complaints we got once we made the limit 17, you would understand why we have the age limit. 

There was a period of time when we allowed cops of all ages to apply.  As far as I know, every single cop that got in under the age of 17 has gotten themselves removed for violating APD policies, except for maybe one or two. 

i agree with you but i feel like it should be a maturity thing and not age because there could be people over the age of 18 that hasnt grown tf up yet and there is some people below the age that is more mature then them but thats just my opinon

Just now, slapr said:

Regarding the age limit of APD recruitment I feel that 17 is a great age. On the other hand I also feel that maybe an additional step / longer cadet interval for 16 year olds applying could help filter the toxic and immature applicants out. +1 for Moving it down to 16, but no lower than that.

i feel like the extra step would be a great thing to filter out them

@Lyynxx

devman115, Olivia and Lyynxx like this

Well i do not have any troubles with any age but i highly preffer see them as civ than be on the apd for 2 reasons ... how would you feel when u got processed by some1 thats lets say the age of 14 . And lets say ur 21 .... and you notice that the 14 years old guy has no maturity ... second . Who wants to be in a teamspeak with a child ... no offensive but like they lose way to much their emotions ... well im not saying everyone is has that mentality .

But be honest now guys if you already processed a young guy who has a bad day or gets some bad luck on the server you guys know there is no RP at all only harasement and offending you ....

Brendon Smith likes this

I already tried for about two years. I got a lot of great answers from Sgts+ which made me realize the truth, feel free to revise my topic (or don't) because I really don't want to type all the answers I got from EVERY APD officer (even though they are extremely helpful and informative).

Now I'm NOT telling you to stop trying to get into the APD, because I'm sure as hell not going to stop.

http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36093-apd-insight/&page=1

36 minutes ago, Lightningxo said:

Well i do not have any troubles with any age but i highly preffer see them as civ than be on the apd for 2 reasons ... how would you feel when u got processed by some1 thats lets say the age of 14 . And lets say ur 21 .... and you notice that the 14 years old guy has no maturity ... second . Who wants to be in a teamspeak with a child ... no offensive but like they lose way to much their emotions ... well im not saying everyone is has that mentality .

But be honest now guys if you already processed a young guy who has a bad day or gets some bad luck on the server you guys know there is no RP at all only harasement and offending you ....

So what your saying is that you shouldnt let someone who is 14 become a cop because he is going to have to process someone older then him/her and because his/her voice may be a little too off pitch for you. I also don't see the logic behind your argument of arresting someone who is young multiple times means they wont "RP" with you. Is that not alot of people that play on asylum?

20 minutes ago, ChicoXL said:

So what your saying is that you shouldnt let someone who is 14 become a cop because he is going to have to process someone older then him/her and because his/her voice may be a little too off pitch for you. I also don't see the logic behind your argument of arresting someone who is young multiple times means they wont "RP" with you. Is that not alot of people that play on asylum?

No i just think there will be allot of discusions going on etc . We can let them have a change to prove themself . Everyone deserves a change ofc . 

Just now, devman115 said:

well what if im the 1% ?

The effort is not worth of going through tons of APD removals/blacklistings and IADS of multiple underage cops so only 1 or 2 can stay on. History on asylum has shown that Children under the age of 17 have not developed a mental maturity level to handle asylum. Asylum is one of the largest Arma communities out there for multiple reasons. 1 is not allowing underage children play any major role of representing the server. 

AegonTargaryenTv and Olivia like this
1 minute ago, The Monopoly Man said:

The effort is not worth of going through tons of APD removals/blacklistings and IADS of multiple underage cops so only 1 or 2 can stay on. History on asylum has shown that Children under the age of 17 have not developed a mental maturity level to handle asylum. Asylum is one of the largest Arma communities out there for multiple reasons. 1 is not allowing underage children play any major role of representing the server. 

yeah i understand bro i couldn't imagine being the recruiter and having to go from app to app hitting not approved

2 hours ago, devman115 said:

i agree with you but i feel like it should be a maturity thing and not age because there could be people over the age of 18 that hasnt grown tf up yet and there is some people below the age that is more mature then them but thats just my opinon

You never know how that person's going to act they can act mature one day then have a bad day and act totally different then, I feel at the age of 14-16 our emotions are very up and down, And that doesn't make for a good cop. My advise is wait like the rest of us.

Crow, Olivia and The Monopoly Man like this
2 minutes ago, Brendon Smith said:

You never know how that person's going to act they can act mature one day then have a bad day and act totally different then, I feel at the age of 14-16 our emotions are very up and down, And that doesn't make for a good cop. My advise is wait like the rest of us.

really just depends on the individual 

Just now, Brendon Smith said:

I lied on my app when I was 15 and got cop. The rule was 16 back then.

I think that under aged kids can be as mature as THEY make themselves. If you're "emotions" are very "up and down" and you lash out on a video game. Go the fuck outside.

Anyway, anyone who is 14 or 15 at this very moment, most likely can't wait, because this game will be fucking dead by the time their 17.

Brendon Smith, Olivia and Big Bird like this
Just now, W00bzy said:

I think that under aged kids can be as mature as THEY make themselves. If you're "emotions" are very "up and down" and you lash out on a video game. Go the fuck outside.

Anyway, anyone who is 14 or 15 at this very moment, most likely can't wait, because this game will be fucking dead by the time their 17.

SO FUCKING TRUE 

Just now, W00bzy said:

Like I said before Puberty it affects people differently and it can toy with your emotions.