Gaming headset

ImJustMaikey

6 minutes ago, ImJustMaikey said:

I'm going to buy a sdd and a new headset tomorrow. 

Which one do u use/recommend and why? 

Please tell if it gives good surround, And how the headset does for music. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Do not buy a fucking headset! Buy headphones and a separate microphone. The quality will be so much better.

I use a Audio Technica ATH-M40x (I want a ATH-M50x) + ATR2500.

Edited by Maric
Reapered and Haych like this
1 minute ago, thero said:

- Corsair VOID 
 - Razer Krakens

Both great headsets, sound is good on both. Mic quality on the VOIDs is bad imo but the kraken's mic is amazing.
( Both have 7.1 surround sound )

Stop. Razer headphones have a terrible build quality and only simulate 7.1 surround sound. It is not true 7.1 surround sound. Sort of false advertisement.

Just now, Maric said:

Stop. Razer headphones have a terrible build quality and only simulate 7.1 surround sound. It is not true 7.1 surround sound. Sort of false advertisement.

The only problem I had with them is the cord. Cord is absolute trash, It eventually tangled up until the cord was less then a foot long. 

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

HyperXCloud 2 if you are on a budget and don't want a stand alone condenser mic

Quality Build.

7.1 Simulated (Honestly I never use it because I notice little to no difference, many games dont utilize/use 7.1 very well anyway)

This one seems interessting. was just searching for it aswel. 

How do you like the surround of it? 

And how does music feel?

2 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

I think he said under $100.

I bought it for 80 bucks on sale, most likely aren't at this very moment. Pretty neat price for a that piece.

But yeah, if you want a something that got surround sound and good quality mic, you should aim a bit above 100$. Otherwise, you've got a lot to choose from.

19 minutes ago, Maric said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Do not buy a fucking headset! Buy headphones and a separate microphone. The quality will be so much better.

I use a Audio Technica ATH-M40x (I want a ATH-M50x) + ATR2500.

There's nothing wrong with a headset. I know about this pcmasterrace headset circlejerk you speak of, but there are quality and affordable headsets that do the job just fine.

3 minutes ago, ImJustMaikey said:

This one seems interessting. was just searching for it aswel. 

How do you like the surround of it? 

And how does music feel?

Never used anything better, so I just assume it was pretty good.

I've seen people outperform with apple earbuds. 

If it has surround capability, the rest is up to you. 

A headset won't make you better at the game, as long as it's sound quality is better than driving speaker wire into a toaster.

As far as music goes, :shrug: Like I said, never used anything else, so I have nothing to compare it to. I have heard music through some "high tier" headphones, and it honestly just sounds all the same to me. 

Just now, Axe said:

Never used anything better, so I just assume it was pretty good.

I've seen people outperform with apple earbuds. 

If it has surround capability, the rest is up to you. 

A headset won't make you better at the game, as long as it's sound quality is better than driving speaker wire into a toaster.

As far as music goes, :shrug: Like I said, never used anything else, so I have nothing to compare it to. I have heard music through some "high tier" headphones, and it honestly just sounds all the same to me. 

I know its not real surround. But i ment are you able to hear directions of players good? 

Just now, ImJustMaikey said:

I know its not real surround. But i ment are you able to hear directions of players good? 

In games that have actual good audio technology yes. Running tests, yes.

Arma, doesn't really matter. Directional audio on every bohemia engine is awful. 

8 minutes ago, ImJustMaikey said:

Does cloud have some sort of software?

I believe neither the clouds nor the g430's have their own software, but there is plenty of free 3rd party software out there that will allow you to customize your audio profile. Software is not quite as important with gaming as is the type of headset and dac amp you use

1 minute ago, Noble said:

I believe neither the clouds nor the g430's have their own software, but there is plenty of free 3rd party software out there that will allow you to customize your audio profile. Software is not quite as important with gaming as is the type of headset and dac amp you use

The logitech one does. Its not important. But its just a nice thing to have