No more nighttime? Terrible update

1 hour ago, Vanilla Coke said:

All of the assassins? You're so fat I can hear your footsteps from 50m away.

And please, night time is fucking trash, the morning, where you don't have to use NVG's to see is sooooooooo sexy, bring that back and I will like it, but the dead of night is bad.

Night isnt trash, night was realistic. This is an RP server after all not just a combat server.  Removing night just to cater tho those who cry it makes it hard to fight is a bit silly IMHO.  

Edited by HotWings

I don't mind night time, but I also don't mind that it's gone. However the reason given is obviously complete bullshit. There were about 10 people who were likely complaining who have pull, and as usual big decisions were decided in such a way. It's cool though..brown noses are gonna brown and divas are gonna deev, it's the way she goes.

I do not like night time at all.  When it rains, night time is aids.  When its foggy, night time is aids.  Everyone has NVGs, so it is literally just green day time.

What I would like to see is the server cycle take the entire day rather than just a small chunk of the morning.  Have it run from 5am to 8pm in game or so where it tails off towards night time at the end so that there is the beautiful twilight period on each side of restart.

I agree with dark nightime being removed however no night time at all just feels weird. Possibly make it so night times are moon light only or early morning. It looks good, you have the option to use NV's or not. Rain and heavy fog is what made nighttime aids.

Edited by Haych
Deathslug likes this

those who are against Night don't give any logic other than its "green time"

Lmao? How about those that forget to buy NV Goggles?

Those who are for Night time give reasonable logic.

This thread has a deep purpose.

It's to fight for night time..or something close to it.

Night time is big part of this game and those who disagree are confused....

12 hours ago, HotWings said:

Night isnt trash, night was realistic. This is an RP server after all not just a combat server.  Removing night just to cater tho those who cry it makes it hard to fight is a bit silly IMHO.  

When I used to play arma on a shit PC, nighttime was awful, in the low graphics settings you can barely see 100m infront of you. Not an issue now, but not everyone can afford the luxury of a 1000$ PC, tie it in with nighttime fog, 50m if youre lucky. This wasnt just a changed for "those who cry" its a legitimate quality of life for players who dont have great PCs. 

Edited by Hiraku
3 hours ago, Hiraku said:

When I used to play arma on a shit PC, nighttime was awful, in the low graphics settings you can barely see 100m infront of you. Not an issue now, but not everyone can afford the luxury of a 1000$ PC, tie it in with nighttime fog, 50m if youre lucky. This wasnt just a changed for "those who cry" its a legitimate quality of life for players who dont have great PCs. 

So punish those who can afford / who have worked really hard to save money to build a powerful computer? 

People invested in good computers so they can play games to the max. 

Edited by Deathslug
1 minute ago, Deathslug said:

So punish those who can afford / who have worked really hard to save money to build a powerful computer? 

Paratus would rather have the server more accessible for everyone, not just those with powerful PCs.

So yeah, i dont see how thats a hard thing to comprehend lmao. I built a new PC a couple weeks ago, cost me £800 ($1200~), am I mad that it isnt being put to its best potential on asylum? Not at all.

ALSO, what you're saying there is we should punish those with weak PCs by making nighttime unplayable for them. Is that really fair? I know you probably need every advantage you can get but damn.

Edited by Hiraku
On 1/19/2016 at 8:45 AM, bamf said:

Fog should be all but removed now.  The syncing of other weather should also be enabled again, so if it's raining on Lemnos, expect rain on Asylum etc.  

I'm fairly certain the admins use things called a "garage" or vehicle spawn to bring in .50 cals.  Admins do not just spawn in vehicles to "fuck up (y)our feds".  

I like the cover of night as well Shalobee, but let's be real - everyone used NVGs (except those people who "light cheated" out of it with Gamma goggles), so what is the real point of having full night?  I believe that eventually we will tweak the cycle to where you have a touch o' darkness on each side, but we've got to tweak that based on server reset cycle etc.  We may play with it a bit more this week.  

That would be great if there was some touch of darkness.