Remove combat store timer

Remove combat store timer  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather keep this feature or have it removed?

• Remove it
    • Keep it

Just now, HotWings said:

He was close enough to be considered in combat then, its distance and group based.

People complain about cars going back to garage, people complain about cars staying out :shrug: Cant make everyone happy.  But if you have a hmmt out, you should probably reconnect to make sure its stored and not chance it.

Yes, but he just got there and no one shot at him yet or anything, it's just dumb at least reduce the timer to like 2 minutes or something. I saw people lose a couple ifrits just sitting in donor waiting to log off but pistol bangers shoot at them to not be able to store it

Just now, HotWings said:

People complain about cars going back to garage, people complain about cars staying out :shrug: 

Never truly understood that... You have a 30 min. warning and lapsing rolls of 5 min. warning countdowns until restart and people still complain about it. There's restart warning messages for a reason :frog:

Just now, Fudger said:

Yes, but he just got there and no one shot at him yet or anything, it's just dumb at least reduce the timer to like 2 minutes or something. I saw people lose a couple ifrits just sitting in donor waiting to log off but pistol bangers shoot at them to not be able to store it

He doesn't have to be shot at personally, the aggression system is group and distance based. That's like implying that if I shoot you your friend he/she cant shoot me because I didn't shoot at him directly. Drive the ifrit to the ocean and dump them?  

Before this was put into place I cant tell you how many people combat stored vehicles while I was actively chasing/trying to rob them.  It was annoying as fuck. Im glad this was put into place.  I cant be assed to report someone for combat storing a vehicle because 1) Im not getting comp for the chop price, 2) Im not getting comp for what could have been inside I may have sold before chopping, and 3) rendering a video that could be up to 5 minutes long to show combat store is a total waste of my time.  This prevents the entire situation from happening.  Its slighting crappy for cops wanting to impound stuff, but if the civs car is locked move it out of the way into the reeds or if its a high value car take it with you to HQ to impound. By the time you get there it will be clear to impound (if the civ wants to not risk it, theyll agree to this). 

Its slightly annoying, but its certainly not some game breaking thing.  

Just now, HotWings said:

He doesn't have to be shot at personally, the aggression system is group and distance based. That's like implying that if I shoot you your friend he/she cant shoot me because I didn't shoot at him directly. Drive the ifrit to the ocean and dump them?  

Before this was put into place I cant tell you how many people combat stored vehicles while I was actively chasing/trying to rob them.  It was annoying as fuck. Im glad this was put into place.  I cant be assed to report someone for combat storing a vehicle because 1) Im not getting comp for the chop price, 2) Im not getting comp for what could have been inside I may have sold before chopping, and 3) rendering a video that could be up to 5 minutes long to show combat store is a total waste of my time.  This prevents the entire situation from happening.  Its slighting crappy for cops wanting to impound stuff, but if the civs car is locked move it out of the way into the reeds or if its a high value car take it with you to HQ to impound. By the time you get there it will be clear to impound (if the civ wants to not risk it, theyll agree to this). 

Its slightly annoying, but its certainly not some game breaking thing.  

Yes I agree but why not just reduce the timer 5 minutes is way too long 

12 minutes ago, Flameless said:

Never truly understood that... You have a 30 min. warning and lapsing rolls of 5 min. warning countdowns until restart and people still complain about it. There's restart warning messages for a reason :frog:

We stole a strider from the bank. A LT wanted to help his troops out and bring them safely to the bank. Restart happened, strider was there after, since the cops respawned back at HQ, we got a free strider. The bank was over and we were all in posession by the APD. 

Just now, Fudger said:

Yes I agree but why not just reduce the timer 5 minutes is way too long 

I'm guessing its that because that's the length of initiation.  Maybe a check to remove the restriction if a certain distance is traveled with no damage taken.  If you're sticking around the same area, you really dont know whos hiding in the weeds unless you're fearless

11 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

We stole a strider from the bank. A LT wanted to help his troops out and bring them safely to the bank. Restart happened, strider was there after, since the cops respawned back at HQ, we got a free strider

Yeah, but you happen to be in a combat situation and your BH - hunter is within a city as you're fighting the cops for your bounties as you usually do. A server restart comes along as you are lethaled in-time and some people happen to come upon it faster afterwards than you can and lockpick it and drive off as soon as you are back in. Table's flipped; it's just trying to make the most logical response within the timeframe you're provided. It best to simply wipe all vehicle actively logged on the map so everyone is happy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Flameless
5 minutes ago, Flameless said:

Yeah, but you happen to be in a combat situation and your BH - hunter is within a city as you're fighting the cops for your bounties as you usually do. A server restart comes along as you are lethaled in-time and some people happen to come upon it faster afterwards than you can and lockpick it and drive off as soon as you are back in. Table's flipped; it's just trying to make the most logical response within the timeframe you're provided. It best to simply wipe all vehicle actively logged on the map so everyone is happy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You are misunderstanding me. I think that police should be able to impound their vehicles due to their spawning at other locations, which is also something Motown have said before, that it's not combat impounding due to that reason. Civ vehicles should stay over restart

Flameless and Patato like this
Just now, Budbringer said:

You are misunderstanding me. I think that police should be able to impound their vehicles due to their spawning at other locations, which is also something Motown have said before, that it's not combat impounding due to that reason. Civ vehicles should stay over restart

Could probably just make blufor vehicles despawn on restart and leave non blufor on the map.

Patato likes this