Actual "active firefight" rules/limitations?

"RDM is killing another player without any type of HOSTILE role-play being initiated and reasonable amount of time for the target to react."

If you are the target or tagged in a gang who's being targeted, RP is active by the belligerent. If you are not the target you must RP with the target and give reasonable time for the target to comply, as the rule stated above.

"Revenge killing is NOT a form of role-playing reasoning."

And of course, RDM rules do not apply to illegal areas.

Personally, unless you have people with you or you're geared, should GTFO from the shooting area.

Just now, xFurnish said:

I'm pretty sure that it says in the rules that if someone comes into an active firefight and they get killed, it's not RDM. 

can someone whos not part of the firefight come in and start killing people? even if there was just a few shots OBVIOUSLY not aimed at the person previously mentioned? 

26 minutes ago, Tiefman said:

can someone whos not part of the firefight come in and start killing people? even if there was just a few shots OBVIOUSLY not aimed at the person previously mentioned? 

This has been discussed to death many times before and the answer is always NO. If in doubt, RP or stay away.

Edited by Abzie
3 hours ago, Tiefman said:

You should never kill anyone without RP unless engaged with their gang or in an illegal area.  

Since we are on the topic of initiation:

I've put in a couple of reports where people shoot at my car, I get out and aim my gun, then they shoot me in the head. The admin says "No action taken, he was shooting at your vehicle, and you returned hostile roleplay by aiming at him". erm then wtf is the point of initiation if you can just shoot at peoples tires immobilizing them, wait till they get out with a gun, then shoot them in the head? I think that you should not be allowed to shoot at someone, whether your hitting their tires or helicopter, without properly initiating.

Tiefman likes this
8 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

This is all subject to the UTMOST in subjective-objective case-by-case decisions of the Admins. If you take what I say here as the word of law and try to use it in your favor as a defense or prosecution later, you're a fool.

1. If you are engaged in a firefight and someone who is armed enters the fray, I'd not ban you for shooting that person.

2. On the same note, if you're the idiot running into a fucking firefight that you aren't part of, you're going to die. You're also not allowed to kill someone IN said firefight without first initiating in some manner to make YOURSELF become part of the firefight. Take that how you will.

3. This is not a free golden ticket to "LOL KILL EVERYBODY". If you kill some random unarmed guy who's literally standing still and not posing a threat, he'd damn well better be part of the group you're still fighting with.

4. If you die and come back, unless you still have friend who are actively fighting, you damn well better re-initiate. Same if you're not tagged or in their gang.

For 4. I would just use the 5 minute rp Rule, so if i get back from pyrgos Within 4 minutes, how would i not be allowed to kill, as there is no new life rule, and i have followed the 5 minute guidelines.

It's pretty simple, really. You'll be fine if you're legitimately fighting a threat, but you'll get rekt if you try using loophole or making cheap excuses.

If you're in town and shit hits the fan, and there's bullets whizzing by your head, you're pretty much good to take out whoever is firing in your direction.

If you see shots 100m down the road, grab your gun, run over there, shoot everyone, armed or not, and spam "active firefight m8" in spam, you're probably gonna get banned. (I've seen it happen) 

Edited by Kowalski
7 hours ago, Reavantos said:

It always amazes me how many people assume we have a NLR. Then the same person revenge kills you afterwards....its a strange correlation. 

Best part is when I used to hunt bounties a guy would kill himself  to avoid me and then cry about NLR when he re-spawned in the same town I was in. 

Reavantos, Cobra, Goofy and 1 other like this
On 1/22/2016 at 1:31 AM, Abzie said:

"RDM is killing another player without any type of HOSTILE role-play being initiated and reasonable amount of time for the target to react."

If you are the target or tagged in a gang who's being targeted, RP is active by the belligerent. If you are not the target you must RP with the target and give reasonable time for the target to comply, as the rule stated above.

"Revenge killing is NOT a form of role-playing reasoning."

And of course, RDM rules do not apply to illegal areas.

Personally, unless you have people with you or you're geared, should GTFO from the shooting area.

your fly gif in your signature fucked with me for at least 20 minutes thinking it was stuck in ym screen

Ok, so this happened the other day, I was mining and we hear a car crash, didnt know who the person was so i shot a warning shot not directed toward him. He then moves his car at a higher location and starts peaking his head out and i can clearly see him pointing a gun at us. So i shot a bullet toward him to let him know we are watching him. We leave and 5mins later at our house I see him pull up, get out of his car, crouching and what seemed to be moving in a better location with a gun out. The whole time i see him doing this so i kill him and then he tells me that i didnt initiate with him. 

He then tells me that he was tracking me since the quarry. In everyone opinion was it RDM or was I in the right for killing him?

22 minutes ago, Bobby Swagger said:

Ok, so this happened the other day, I was mining and we hear a car crash, didnt know who the person was so i shot a warning shot not directed toward him. He then moves his car at a higher location and starts peaking his head out and i can clearly see him pointing a gun at us. So i shot a bullet toward him to let him know we are watching him. We leave and 5mins later at our house I see him pull up, get out of his car, crouching and what seemed to be moving in a better location with a gun out. The whole time i see him doing this so i kill him and then he tells me that i didnt initiate with him. 

He then tells me that he was tracking me since the quarry. In everyone opinion was it RDM or was I in the right for killing him?

Following you around the map isn't initiation of hostile RP on his part.
Crashing his car close to you guys isn't initiation of hostile RP on his part.
Taking pot shots at him, or warnings shots as you call it, isn't initiation of hostile RP on your part.
Sneaking up behind your house isn't initiation of hostile RP on his part.

Shooting a text to him, "Stop following us, or we'll shoot you." would have been proper initiation of hostile RP on your part.

"RDM is killing another player without any type of HOSTILE role-play being initiated and reasonable amount of time for the target to react. "

" Intentions must be clearly stated to the intended target, and they MUST be given reasonable time to react. "

Sojobo and Cassettes like this
18 minutes ago, Big Fred said:

Following you around the map isn't initiation of hostile RP on his part.
Crashing his car close to you guys isn't initiation of hostile RP on his part.
Taking pot shots at him, or warnings shots as you call it, isn't initiation of hostile RP on your part.
Sneaking up behind your house isn't initiation of hostile RP on his part.

Shooting a text to him, "Stop following us, or we'll shoot you." would have been proper initiation of hostile RP on your part.

"RDM is killing another player without any type of HOSTILE role-play being initiated and reasonable amount of time for the target to react. "

" Intentions must be clearly stated to the intended target, and they MUST be given reasonable time to react. "

Ok i was just wondering, because i mean his intentions probably was to down me and then take me in for the 10k bounty. So in my opinion i had to shoot but thanks for that explanation so i know for the future. 

• 5 months later...

Ok let me make sure I understand this correctly. 

Someone kills me by myself in rebel zone, steals my helicopter. Can I have my group/gang members set up and waiting for him at chop shop for them to engage without RP?

I'm thinking no because that wouldn't likely happen within 5 minutes so they would have to RP at chop shop when my attacker arrives. 

55 minutes ago, Jones586 said:

Ok let me make sure I understand this correctly. 

Someone kills me by myself in rebel zone, steals my helicopter. Can I have my group/gang members set up and waiting for him at chop shop for them to engage without RP?

I'm thinking no because that wouldn't likely happen within 5 minutes so they would have to RP at chop shop when my attacker arrives. 

Chop shop is a red zone just like the rebel outpost, so no, you wouldn't have to RP if your gang waited for them at the chop shop.  Plus, if you see someone driving your vehicle, flying your helicopter, or trying to lockpick it, you can kill them without saying anything.  

Edited by AceDread
39 minutes ago, AceDread said:

Chop shop is a red zone just like the rebel outpost, so no, you wouldn't have to RP if your gang waited for them at the chop shop.  Plus, if you see someone driving your vehicle, flying your helicopter, or trying to lockpick it, you can kill them without saying anything.  

Ah ok, I forgot about chop shop being a red zone.  Good to know I I can stop someone without RP who has my stolen shit, only problem is if I see it way later and its some thing non-distinguishable from others like a Jeep, I don't know for sure if it's mine until I try to unlock it. 

Just now, Jones586 said:

Ah ok, I forgot about chop shop being a red zone.  Good to know I I can stop someone without RP who has my stolen shit, only problem is if I see it way later and its some thing non-distinguishable from others like a Jeep, I don't know for sure if it's mine until I try to unlock it. 

Yep.  You CAN shoot people that are riding around in your stuff, but you better make sure it is your stuff.

Jones586 likes this