Why are servers so laggy now?

2 minutes ago, Kuklinski said:

Pentax already told what is the big issue with the servers only paratus can change that do it on 1 server to test it to see if gets better some koth servers have less dysnc i can tell u that

Unfortunately changing frameworks isn't a couple minute job. The 4.~ Tonic's framework, isn't stable yet, looks like it has a memory leak in it, and crashing lots. Even if Paratus did decide to get the latest framework which is 4.3 (last time I checked), lots of stuff would need to be changed around to fit for the framework, because it's a huge leap from what Paratus is using and to 4.0 framework. At least i know for a fact that 4.0 framework gives way more server fps, than any 3.~.

Edited by Pentax

Dude i know is hard to compare the servers but pentax server sometimes have like 20 ppl and everyone blowing up helis cars ifrrits and never saw dysnc there not even when ppl talk on direct and i already saw some ppl trying to groupchat there and is 20 times different is 100 times better is smoth the server is so clean and some koth are like that so something is working bad on the servers

i play asylum for while and u too pentax in the old days the dysnc never was like that i never saw ppl flying and shoting or cars in the air like 1 year ago for example i dont test it yet cuz i know they did some fixes so maybe is better but yesterday played a bit was too mutch dysnc krypton was there too he can confirm too mutch dysnc and lag and fps issues so i dont no maybe is arma problem ? my english is bad so is dificult to me to ppl try to understand me so i dont no but i can tell u if the dysnc stop alot of ppl will start to play again cuz that is 1 of the main reason ppl quit the game.

Edited by Kuklinski
kryptonthegamer likes this
Just now, Kuklinski said:

i play asylum for while and u too pentax in the old days the dysnc never was like that i never saw ppl flying and shoting or cars in the air like 1 year ago for example i dont test it yet cuz i know they did some fixes so maybe is better but yesterday played a bit was too mutch dysnc krypton was there too he can confirm too mutch dysnc and lag and fps issues so i dont no maybe is arma problem ?

That's because Bohemia likes to break lots of stuff with their updates. For example their latest 1.54 update to server side stuff. BROKE lots of stuff, lots of communities are disappearing cause of it, it has lots of crashes, extra amount of desync (out of nowhere). Basically mainly this isn't Paratus's or Asylum's fault, it's Bohemia who is to thank for.

Kuklinski likes this
Just now, Kuklinski said:

i play asylum for while and u too pentax in the old days the dysnc never was like that i never saw ppl flying and shoting or cars in the air like 1 year ago for example i dont test it yet cuz i know they did some fixes so maybe is better but yesterday played a bit was too mutch dysnc krypton was there too he can confirm too mutch dysnc and lag and fps issues so i dont no maybe is arma problem ?

Back In the day you could fight on tower stairs no lag.

Kuklinski and Kalier like this
Just now, Pentax said:

That's because Bohemia likes to break lots of stuff with their updates. For example their latest 1.54 update to server side stuff. BROKE lots of stuff, lots of communities are disappearing cause of it, it has lots of crashes, extra amount of desync (out of nowhere). Basically mainly this isn't Paratus's or Asylum's fault, it's Bohemia who is to thank for.

Do they have anythiNg in apex update to fix this junk? They admitted to cuasing tower/VoN lag a while back in patch, then stopped trying to fix it. So pathetic

2 minutes ago, Kuklinski said:

i play asylum for while and u too pentax in the old days the dysnc never was like that i never saw ppl flying and shoting or cars in the air like 1 year ago for example i dont test it yet cuz i know they did some fixes so maybe is better but yesterday played a bit was too mutch dysnc krypton was there too he can confirm too mutch dysnc and lag and fps issues so i dont no maybe is arma problem ? my english is bad so is dificult to me to ppl try to understand me so i dont no but i can tell u if the dysnc stop alot of ppl will start to play again cuz that is 1 of the main reason ppl quit the game.

Don't worry Fred, your English is good enough for me to understand ;)

Just now, Kryptonn said:

Do they have anythiNg in apex update to fix this junk? They admitted to cuasing tower/VoN lag a while back in patch, then stopped trying to fix it. So pathetic

Honestly, no idea. They are known to promise stuff but those never get done.

Kuklinski likes this
51 minutes ago, Pentax said:

Are you guys using Dwarden's tbb malloc and server binary? Lots of communities were reporting it that it increased server fps, some even said help out a bit with latency.

We've been using them since before they were even public, but you have to understand it's not a blanket performance improvement. He does changes to each official patch yet often they won't change anything important and other times they can cause issues. They're meant for when there's a problem. Each patch is a totally different case than others for his binaries as any important fixes typically go into the next official update.

As for the action menu comment, we do use one. The difference is we do it in a more intelligent manner to embed it into the scroll menu, but the performance improvement is the same. In fact it was us who discovered the issue which lead to those menus being used.

If you have issues with performance and lag I'd love to hear feedback on the last day, but anything prior is irrelevant now. That wasn't aVON fix, it was a networking fix which in turn improved VON. Performance should be better across the board and I plan to tweak further still.

Kuklinski likes this
18 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

Thats anus. Too bad people have to ddos. So do huge games and companies  not have problems like this because they can afford outrageously expensive servers? I know perfect ddos protection doesnt exist....but

The DDOS hitting our TS has been exceeding 80gb/s.

Although DDOS Protection prices have gone down, still not cheap to combat when you compare to how cheap it is to DDOS someone.

Just now, Paratus said:

We've been using them since before they were even public, but you have to understand it's not a blanket performance improvement. He does changes to each official patch yet often they won't change anything important and other times they can cause issues. They're meant for when there's a problem. Each patch is a totally different case than others for his binaries as any important fixes typically go into the next official update.

As for the action menu comment, we do use one. The difference is we do it in a more intelligent manner to embed it into the scroll menu, but the performance improvement is the same. In fact it was us who discovered the issue which lead to those menus being used.

If you have issues with performance and lag I'd love to hear feedback on the last day, but anything prior is irrelevant now. That wasn't aVON fix, it was a networking fix which in turn improved VON. Performance should be better across the board and I plan to tweak further still.

Yea I figured you guys were using it, just wanted to make sure, and as of his latest binary changes, its mainly just adding more logging to catch crashing issues for 1.54.

6 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Also, if anyone is interested in knowing, each game server receives on average two heavy attacks every day, plus some minor ones. If you get lag busts that last a few minutes it's probably the case as it takes a few minutes for the filters to kick in.

Got any graphs or numbers?

1 hour ago, Pentax said:

Unfortunately changing frameworks isn't a couple minute job. The 4.~ Tonic's framework, isn't stable yet, looks like it has a memory leak in it, and crashing lots. Even if Paratus did decide to get the latest framework which is 4.3 (last time I checked), lots of stuff would need to be changed around to fit for the framework, because it's a huge leap from what Paratus is using and to 4.0 framework. At least i know for a fact that 4.0 framework gives way more server fps, than any 3.~.

As someone who has worked a ton with 4.0 as of 4.3 there I have observed no stability issues even with multiple servers sharing the same database. extdb2 fixed a lot. The linux arma server client seems to be a lot more stable in general too

3 hours ago, Starlord said:

As someone who has worked a ton with 4.0 as of 4.3 there I have observed no stability issues even with multiple servers sharing the same database. extdb2 fixed a lot. The linux arma server client seems to be a lot more stable in general too

We run a customized build of extdb with every performance improvement worth doing and it runs completely asynchronously. While we began on an old framework it does not still resemble the same.

1 hour ago, Paratus said:

Is it frequently more laggy sauce the last patch? The animal AI is something I have to monitor. It works like DayZ AI where the client not server processes it but it's still a lot more objects.

Yeah, last night was just as laggy. Period of 5 minutes where people were running in place, couldnt Get out Of cars, TS Never got ddos At least though. This was server 3. This lag all started with the last BattleEye/contrast patch.

Edited by Kryptonn

I hope one day when DDoS'ing gets reeeaalll bad there will eventually be some govt task force to start investigating. Imagine the look on that 15-YO back-of-the-classroom dweeb's face when he finds out that the US-based company he used to be 1337 h4x0r just gave mommy's credit card info to the feds.

But until then we can only really play the defense game...

1 hour ago, Kowalski said:

I hope one day when DDoS'ing gets reeeaalll bad there will eventually be some govt task force to start investigating. Imagine the look on that 15-YO back-of-the-classroom dweeb's face when he finds out that the US-based company he used to be 1337 h4x0r just gave mommy's credit card info to the feds.

But until then we can only really play the defense game...

Majority of attacks on the US originate in China and cheap hosting sites in Europe

http://map.norsecorp.com/

4 hours ago, Paratus said:

Is it frequently more laggy sauce the last patch? The animal AI is something I have to monitor. It works like DayZ AI where the client not server processes it but it's still a lot more objects.

Very much so. I used to only have a few little bouts of lag here and there but last night it seemed I was having bouts of solid FPS in the midst of the lag. Orca's were standing still during prison breaks, people were running in place, some people were 20 seconds behind everyone else. We even had a police hatch sling shot backward through the air 2km.