Alcohol Cartel (or just a change in cartel locations)

Alcohol Cartel (can change the name to something more clever, I'd think of something but I'm lazy) - Basically a cartel but for people running alcohol.

Use the unused military bases in the middle of nowhere for a cartel location, as suggested on the old forums, they're built on hills though, so defending will have a huge advantage but some editing to the actual base can probably fix that (there's towers on all of them, take them down and it will be more balanced, forcing us to vest it is annoying... East Arms).

I'll post screenshots of the bases soon, but let me know what you think if you know what military bases I'm talking about.

2016-01-24_00001.thumb.jpg.05117c33c3c9f

This one is right next to Cocaine Field so it's an obvious no, but just something to think about.

2016-01-24_00002.thumb.jpg.95889b65fc167

This one is also just something to think about, as it's not really combat worthy, maybe a Police HQ? Remind me of Pyrgos HQ and I really like it.

2016-01-24_00003.thumb.jpg.3a556a74cdcbc

I really like this one as a cartel, it's out of the way, and even though it is shaped like East Arms, demolition of the tower would make the fight more like a militarized Church arms, what do you think? I can imagine the ifrit drops on this one, it's beautiful, and I have a feeling that deerstand would be a very "you need to take this over to win position" even though the cartel is on the actual compound.

2016-01-24_00004.thumb.jpg.75c00477556e4

The Colosseum just next to the previous screenshot, I really like this location and it could potentially be a very good cartel spot with a little bit of editing.

2016-01-24_00005.thumb.jpg.2d6db85c2d72c

Huge ass military base, too many deerstands to count, this one is hard to attack and very fortifiable, destruction of a couple deerstands can balance this one, but it will be very controversial as far as balance goes, the amount of impenetrable sandbags makes this one hard to attack, we could maybe use this as a new prison (idea comes from a thread earlier talking about moving the prison/fed and I think this may be a good nominee).

Let me know if I missed one.

Based on replies, could just use these for current cartels already implemented, a change is always good. But totally voiding from that whole Alcohol thing wasn't this threads intent, most illegal things are already taxed by gangs holding cartels, why not add alcohol to that list, considering it is illegal? Also, not trying to start a flame war with this one, but... replacing the Oil Cartel. Let's be real, there's not many people that fight that and even though it is useful to people building vehicles, IMO, it doesn't really impact my daily routine and is useless in my eyes.

I have to send come credit to the guy (whoever it was) that made the suggestions the first time on the old forums. <3

Disclaimer: Oil Cartel is probably very important to some people, and to those who actually enjoy it being in the game, I'm not trying to offend you in anyway. Thanks for understanding.

Edited by Vanilla Coke
Bersabee, MarKsMaN, Matthew and 3 others like this

How about a more original concept? Even cartels get stale and adding a new one won't make the gameplay any less stale. Besides in regards to RP I like the idea of illegal liquor being a "any person's profession." Reminds me of America's Prohibition days where folks made their own booze to make a living. I enjoy watching over it and protecting folks trying to make liquor runs. 

Adding a cartel would ruin the process, the point of liquor is that once you start aging it you no longer have to worry about it until you sell it. Meaning you can focus on other stuff and if you have an unlucky streak you still have that liquor to cash in on. 

inb4TurtleCartel.

Edited by Cobra
3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

How about a more original concept? Even cartels get stale and adding a new one won't make the gameplay any less stale. Besides in regards to RP I like the idea of illegal liquor being a "any person's profession." Reminds me of America's Prohibition days where folks made their own booze to make a living. I enjoy watching over it and protecting folks trying to make liquor runs. 

Adding a cartel would ruin the process, the point of liquor is that once you start aging it you no longer have to worry about it until you sell it. Meaning you can focus on other stuff and if you have an unlucky streak you still have that liquor to cash in on. 

I see where you're coming from, but do you have a suggestion on what bigger gangs could do to get more involved or maybe what you were talking about more of an original idea? I've come up with nothing but hearing your opinion would enable me to tweak the thread into something notable.

Edited by Vanilla Coke
On 1/24/2016 at 3:25 PM, Vanilla Coke said:

I see where you're coming from, but do you have a suggestion on what bigger gangs could do to get more involved or maybe what you were talking about more of an original idea? I've come up with nothing but hearing your opinion would enable me to tweak the thread into something notable.

Fair enough, so let's examine the situation at hand. As of now Asylum's current game mechanics have made it a wasted effort to have a large gang due to the limited activities to do. It roughly boils down to fighting cops and banks. Even when we had the three separate drug cartels and Arms Dealer very few gangs aimed to maintain high numbers in their groups. Now with the money cap there's no point for gangs to be big because they hit money cap much faster and end with stock piles of gear/vehicles. Not to mention all you really need is a well coordinated 4-5 person squad to effectively pull off most jobs in Asylum.

Dare I say it, we need events/activities that appeal to large groups with high risk and big reward. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you what that might be, but another cartel wouldn't help. Groups now hardly bother holding down cartels unless their bored.

Perhaps if we added better rewards to successfully winning gang wars, then maybe we could see more activity and more big gang development.  

• 5 years later...