Can anyone explain me this myth?

Midamaru

Same for me. Just Windows things...

Edit: I googled it and found this article: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askperf/2010/08/13/introduction-to-the-new-sysinternals-tool-rammap/

Basically Windows uses a bunch of available RAM to cache standby processes. Meaning that accessing cached applications will be a lot faster. Once you actually need all of your RAM for an active process, the standby processes will be deallocated. The principle is that wasted RAM is bad!

Edited by Bikstok
Armando Muchacho and Johnny like this
5 minutes ago, KumFoMe said:

not sure but mine is usually at 19% outside of game, your google chrome is using like 5x what mine uses

That's because i have other things open in my google chrome, it doesn't explain why the task manager says that google chrome all together maybe uses 1GB RAM. While the rest of the system is idle and meanwhile reports in the same screen that the overall RAM is being used at 55%.

Looking for a logical explanation :D 

A stupid reoccurring thing as the years go on is that the OS takes a shit ton of RAM and they dont mention why exactly as @Bikstok said there's things like an L2 and L3 cache that take up RAM for that reason and they aren't explained to you.

Think of it like how you buy a hard drive thats 1 tb but you actually receive a hard drive with 924 gigs (Not a real number but its something like that, and thats due to the 1024 architechture for bits but the concept as an idea is similar)

I would also assume you are using 55% of your available ram which is actually spot on since you only have available around 6 (prob a little less) of your 8 gigs and you are using 3.6 of it

@Midamaru

Edited by Sugarfoot
Midamaru likes this
35 minutes ago, HomeTrlx said:

Get 16gb mida..

What for lmao, i have no performance issues guys was just wondering.

45 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

A stupid reoccurring thing as the years go on is that the OS takes a shit ton of RAM and they dont mention why exactly as @Bikstok said there's things like an L2 and L3 cache that take up RAM for that reason and they aren't explained to you.

Think of it like how you buy a hard drive thats 1 tb but you actually receive a hard drive with 924 gigs (Not a real number but its something like that, and thats due to the 1024 architechture for bits but the concept as an idea is similar)

I would also assume you are using 55% of your available ram which is actually spot on since you only have available around 6 (prob a little less) of your 8 gigs and you are using 3.6 of it

@Midamaru

Thanks for the explanation, i get it now :)