Question about RP

Can a cop tell me he knows which has been in the car? my friend and I had keys but we RPed and said that we were working with this guy and he stole stuff out of the car and prob dropped (the illegal item) in there. But they said only you two have keys.. and I said yes this is true but he lock picked it. and they proceeded by saying yes but then he would have keys and I was like logically no he wouldn't... (because only my friend and I had keys). Btw they were salty because tricked the shit out of them and they searched the car and then searched us and then searched the car again and couldn't find it until finally they found it in the car after we were retrained away from the car... but we tried saying that when they walked away the guy returned to the car.... Idk I just hate that they said "the gods would tell us who lock picked the car" like that's fucked up rp. that would be like if i said I had a wife... and they said "the gods don't allow you to have a wife"

9 minutes ago, drex said:

Can a cop tell me he knows which has been in the car? my friend and I had keys but we RPed and said that we were working with this guy and he stole stuff out of the car and prob dropped (the illegal item) in there. But they said only you two have keys.. and I said yes this is true but he lock picked it. and they proceeded by saying yes but then he would have keys and I was like logically no he wouldn't... (because only my friend and I had keys). Btw they were salty because tricked the shit out of them and they searched the car and then searched us and then searched the car again and couldn't find it until finally they found it in the car after we were retrained away from the car... but we tried saying that when they walked away the guy returned to the car.... Idk I just hate that they said "the gods would tell us who lock picked the car" like that's fucked up rp. that would be like if i said I had a wife... and they said "the gods don't allow you to have a wife"

Since your RP mentioned someone lockpicking your car, they would know that person got keys to it (Asylum mehcanics). Don't dig your grave deeper!

Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Since your RP mentioned someone lockpicking your car, they would know that person got keys to it (Asylum mehcanics). Don't dig your grave deeper!

gotcha well I basically told them someone smashed the window with a rock and they said the gods don't allow that lmao. 

Just now, drex said:

gotcha well I basically told them someone smashed the window with a rock and they said the gods don't allow that lmao. 

That's when the soft rp server kicks in, some cops will believe you for that some won't, I would probably 'believe' it and accept it (unless you made me salty or triggered ;) )

I guess I was just rping outside of the game mechanics @George.  Either form of rp just depends on the cop is what i'm realizing. For example: "I ate cereal" - me, Cop replies "The gods didn't add cereal", I say, "i don't know what you mean, I'm atheist and I ate fruit loops." 

At this point I feel like the cop will either rp or just continue to deny your rp because arma doesn't have cereal. This was just an example, not an rp situation i've ever been in XD. 

Just now, drex said:

I guess I was just rping outside of the game mechanics @George.  Either form of rp just depends on the cop is what i'm realizing. For example: "I ate cereal" - me, Cop replies "The gods didn't add cereal", I say, "i don't know what you mean, I'm atheist and I ate fruit loops." 

At this point I feel like the cop will either rp or just continue to deny your rp because arma doesn't have cereal. This was just an example, not an rp situation i've ever been in XD. 

If they bring the gods into it, its stupid IMO "Gods" or "The government" is usually used to reference admins which really shouldn't be done IMO.

Philv2.0 and drex like this
Just now, George said:

If they bring the gods into it, its stupid IMO "Gods" or "The government" is usually used to reference admins which really shouldn't be done IMO.

Agreed, but i'm usually okay with it unless they use the term Admins, or  The goverment and the word points within a word range of +- 4

Why didn't you just say he used a magic eraser on the vehicle registration after he lock picked it? 

Maybe, just maybe... they didn't believe your story because it didn't make sense and you were caught in the lie. 

It's like this other situation where two people were robbing the bank with banker names. They put a diamon tip drill into the door and robbed the bank. When we arrived it was the typical get to the first floor and clear the drill. This is where the bankers were shot and clacked up. One of them claimed they were repairing (or something like that) the vault. BY DRILLING OUT THE LOCK? Nobody believed that story. So one of them got pretty pissed and tried to complain about being shot at bank without a weapon. 

Your situation and the one I just explained has holes in it. Cops will investigate - they are required to RP with you. That's how some do it. They are not required to pardon or reduce your ticket because you made up some random unbelievable explanation for why you're doing xyz. Though, it is highly encouraged to reward the attempt  

Leave holes in your story and you're probably not going to get a big reduction, if any at all if you're just cucking cops for fun. Eventually they'll get tired of you. 

drex and Cassettes like this
Just now, Dredd said:

Why didn't you just say he used a magic eraser on the vehicle registration after he lock picked it? 

Maybe, just maybe... they didn't believe your story because it didn't make sense and you were caught in the lie. 

It's like this other situation where two people were robbing the bank with banker names. They put a diamon tip drill into the door and robbed the bank. When we arrived it was the typical get to the first floor and clear the drill. This is where the bankers were shot and clacked up. One of them claimed they were repairing (or something like that) the vault. BY DRILLING OUT THE LOCK? Nobody believed that story. So one of them got pretty pissed and tried to complain about being shot at bank without a weapon. 

Your situation and the one I just explained has holes in it. Cops will investigate - they are required to RP with you. That's how some do it. They are not required to pardon or reduce your ticket because you made up some random unbelievable explanation for why you're doing xyz. Though, it is highly encouraged to reward the attempt  

Leave holes in your story and you're probably not going to get a big reduction, if any at all if you're just cucking cops for fun. Eventually they'll get tired of you. 

Roleplay is literally lying though, some people are better at it then others. If someone is attempting to roleplay you should always give someone a little bit of a reduction since they're putting in effort to roleplay.

Just now, George said:

Roleplay is literally lying though, some people are better at it then others. If someone is attempting to roleplay you should always give someone a little bit of a reduction since they're putting in effort to roleplay.

+1 even if they say they shot the cops because they don't like m because of a grudge in the past that's still slight RP and should be rewarded

Just now, George said:

Totally agree. Except when you're just trolling cops for montage material. 

2 minutes ago, George said:

So by that logic I should give a 50% reduction because "self defense" on 50 manslaughters.... I agree real RP deserves something, a 30 second run on sentence doesnt.

In this instance, had you only had drugs i wouldnt have charged you honestly, story makes logical sense and so long as you were not being belligerent the charge for possession is essentially nothing anyways.

Edited by HotWings
Just now, HotWings said:

So by that logic I should give a 50% reduction because "self defense" on 50 manslaughters.... I agree real RP deserves something, a 30 second run on sentence doesnt.

In this instance, had you only had drugs i wouldnt have charged you honestly, story makes logical sense and so long as you were not being belligerent the charge for possession is essentially nothing anyways.

I'm not saying give them a 50% reduction, just reward their RP. If its a small 30 second sentence remove one or two of their charges or give them like a 25% reduction for example.

And I just want to add that most expect a pardon. Not a slightly reduced ticket for their effort. 

13 minutes ago, drex said:

mofo told me I couldn't smash my window with a rock lolol.

If I was there I'd show you that your car window wasn't broken. And watch you tap dance. Use reasonable explanations and don't spit in the cops face and you'll probably be happier with the encounter. Most cops aren't like the rest I'm sorry to say. 

Truth be told? I probably would give you 500-1000 off your ticket for that story. Depending on your attitude alone, while it is an attempt it's just too far fetched to have any merit or real weight. 

Yesterday a 38k bounty was blasting cops at Air HQ as they spawned in and subsequently kidnapped them by handing them off to his buddies just outside of the HQ. Luckily I came in UC and he didn't notice me so I was able to put a stop to it. He told the processing officer someone in a blue shirt stole his goat. The cop replied with questions regarding this goat thief. He asked if he was tall, short, etc etc. He said back the suspect wore blue and nobody wears blue. The cop said, cops wear blue we have 9 cops on the island. Guy says what's you're point? Cop says people wear blue. The guy then says give me the full ticket I'm sick and tired of shit cops who can't roleplay on the server. Then spits on him as he leaves the HQ. 

Who was in the wrong?

Edited by Dredd
No=in
drex likes this
Just now, Dredd said:

And I just want to add that most expect a pardon. Not a slightly reduced ticket for their effort. 

If I was there I'd show you that your car window wasn't broken. And watch you tap dance. Use reasonable explanations and don't spit no the cops face and you'll probably be happier with the encounter. Most cops aren't like the rest I'm sorry to say. 

Truth be told? I probably would give you 500-1000 off your ticket for that story. Depending on your attitude alone, while it is an attempt it's just too far fetched to have any merit or real weight. 

Yesterday a 38k bounty was blasting cops at Air HQ as they spawned in and subsequently kidnapped them by handing them off to his buddies just outside of the HQ. Luckily I came in UC and he didn't notice me so I was able to put a stop to it. He told the processing officer someone in a blue shirt stole his goat. The cop replied with questions regarding this goat thief. He asked if he was tall, short, etc etc. He said back the suspect wore blue and nobody wears blue. The cop said, cops wear blue we have 9 cops on the island. Guy says what's you're point? Cop says people wear blue. The guy then says give me the full ticket I'm sick and tired of shit cops who can't roleplay on the server. Then spits on him as he leaves the HQ. 

Who was in the wrong?

lol yeah i got ya. I did get 2k for a 15k but I was told I had no brain cells by a sergeant... 

4 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

I get you trying to RP but Asylum is the softest RP server in existence so keep it short and sweet.

To Seans point, if you're going to go all out, go ALL out and know who you're dealing with.  I will pardon people for the most ridiculous story if its funny and they're not being salty AF.  Just make sure you have some sort of reply in your mind for any possible questions, cause if you tell me you're kidnapped by aliens imma ask for details lol

George and drex like this
1 hour ago, wollie35 said:

What server you play on, i might have to switch of 3 for a day and go find you ;)

Come on down to S3, you will crawl out of Kavala with no gun, no clothes and no car. Not even allowed to be in the HQ. We actually repurposed the HQ to be a toxic waste field.

Edited by Philv2.0
Dredd and drex like this
2 hours ago, Philv2.0 said:

I'm in Bamboo...actually.

Reveal hidden contents

Bring it on bruh...

lol Bamboo Union is trash... This kid rdmed me and said he would give me 3k lmao. I'll wipe a noobs ass with 3k

I said enjoy the ban. 

Edited by drex