Turfs  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should Players be allowed to spawn at homes in the Turf when it is active?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, Romulus said:

Why should they not be able to spawn in house that they bought?  So it is ok to have a house next rebel or a cartel and continue to zerg it but not a turf?

Everyone had a chance to buy houses in all locations, should not punish people for buying a house in a turf zone.

Understandable,

Have you tried to cap turfs since they added incentives to them?  Players have stocked houses with rooks and just keep coming.

You cant cap the flag fast enough and normally people that hold them just suicide and just spawn there and sit at their window with a rook 

And to answer your statement, Rebel is mainly for gearing, not controlling.

If someone is camping rebel, you can go to a different rebel to solve your problem. With turf, you can't.

Edited by wr4thx
Crossfade likes this

Yeah i have.  

On server 4  we hold rodopoli quite often.

It really usually comes down to who is more prepared for it to pop than anything.

If you are expecting it to go red and get there right when or before it, you can cap it then camp it.

We prioritize it for the benefits so we generally keep track on the turf schedules and plan accordingly.

The one thing I would change is if someone is defending it they should still only be able to have 5 people within 2km of it.

TBH i see both sides.. maybe there shouldn't be any purchasable houses in view of the cap? say at least 2-3 streets away is where it starts? and for the ones who have houses in that area already can keep it but they cant spawn when its capable? or something like that.. it gives the defenders a chance to defend and attackers a chance to see defenders coming without being pistol banged from some random ass house they spawn in. 

40 minutes ago, Romulus said:

Why should they not be able to spawn in house that they bought?  So it is ok to have a house next rebel or a cartel and continue to zerg it but not a turf?

Everyone had a chance to buy houses in all locations, should not punish people for buying a house in a turf zone.

Unlike the turf, you can't just camp the entire cartel cap zone from within your locked house.

People literally sit in the windows of locked houses watching the flag and quick peeking whoever is capping.  Even if you kill them, they can respawn fast enough to shoot the person capping again before he finishes.

Its not punishing them for buying their house, they can still do everything a normal house does, but when the turf is live they can't be a turf rat and hide behind their locked doors.

Edited by Ranger
Dork likes this

Someone had the tactical forethought to purchase a house in the cartel, so they should be "punished"?. Also, it comes with great risk of it being easily raided by other players.

I would think there are things that are still broken that should be higher on the priority list than THIS.

I would work on tactics and training. This is an issue that can be very easily overcome. (explosives? suv next to house outer wall + grenade)

8 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Unlike the turf, you can't just camp the entire cartel cap zone from within your locked house.

People literally sit in the windows of locked houses watching the flag and quick peeking whoever is capping.  Even if you kill them, they can respawn fast enough to shoot the person capping again before he finishes.

Its not punishing them for buying their house, they can still do everything a normal house does, but when the turf is live they can't be a turf rat and hide behind their locked doors.

In terms of strictly defending it, I can see your side.

If someone does not own it they still have to leave house go cap it then lock up and camp.

There are plenty of ways to deal with a camper in game though. 

A well place truck or car can block him, or a well placed shot through wall can do wonders.

My only point is you should not make hard changes like this, when there are legitimate ways to deal with it with in game mechanics.

That being said, I feel turfs could use a change if only to make them a priority for gangs that way ensuring that there is always a fight going on over a turf.

Reavantos likes this
2 minutes ago, Romulus said:

In terms of strictly defending it, I can see your side.

If someone does not own it they still have to leave house go cap it then lock up and camp.

There are plenty of ways to deal with a camper in game though. 

A well place truck or car can block him, or a well placed shot through wall can do wonders.

My only point is you should not make hard changes like this, when there are legitimate ways to deal with it with in game mechanics.

That being said, I feel turfs could use a change if only to make them a priority for gangs that way ensuring that there is always a fight going on over a turf.

In terms of balance and actually fun gameplay, there is no positive for people camping in a semi unkillable manner behind locked doors.

If you don't own it, the moment the turf goes live you suicide spawn and cap the turf, then you just have to defend.  Anyone without a house has to go gear up, drive/fly there and by that time you already have the turf.

Unless I'm pulling an Ifrit, you can shoot through the car/truck.  Unless you are unintelligent, you can quickly peak in an out of cover and move away to prevent yourself from being wallbanged.  Plus you have a defensive positional advantage and 3rd person camera so you shouldn't be peeking until you are killing whoever is on the flag.

There are actually very few legitimate ways to deal with turf rats camping inside their locked houses.  They simply can re-spawn and regear fast enough to attack you multiple times and you can't even enter their house to kill them on spawn.  It is insanely easy to fight from a locked, elevated position that nobody can push into.  It isn't enjoyable and it makes for insanely poor fair play mechanics.  I understand why your turf gang likes to hide behind their locked doors though...

11 minutes ago, Reavantos said:

Someone had the tactical forethought to purchase a house in the cartel, so they should be "punished"?. Also, it comes with great risk of it being easily raided by other players.

I would think there are things that are still broken that should be higher on the priority list than THIS.

I would work on tactics and training. This is an issue that can be very easily overcome. (explosives? suv next to house outer wall + grenade)

Some cartel houses are un-purchasable and for good reason.

But with cartels there is a large zone you can cap from whereas in turfs you have to sit still on a flag for 2 minutes which makes you really easy to pick off.  I'm pretty sure that blowing up houses and crates is a no-no anyway.   Otherwise every server restart I'm going to start blowing up the turf houses or at least blowing up their crates through the windows.

Edited by Ranger
12 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Some cartel houses are un-purchasable and for good reason.

But with cartels there is a large zone you can cap from whereas in turfs you have to sit still on a flag for 2 minutes which makes you really easy to pick off.  I'm pretty sure that blowing up houses and crates is a no-no anyway.   Otherwise every server restart I'm going to start blowing up the turf houses.

using explosives in a active firefight is a no no against buildings? please show me the rule for that. God i hope asylum is not that "care bear" of a server :|

Edited by Reavantos
7 minutes ago, Ranger said:

In terms of balance and actually fun gameplay, there is no positive for people camping in a semi unkillable manner behind locked doors.

If you don't own it, the moment the turf goes live you suicide spawn and cap the turf, then you just have to defend.  Anyone without a house has to go gear up, drive/fly there and by that time you already have the turf.

Unless I'm pulling an Ifrit, you can shoot through the car/truck.  Unless you are unintelligent, you can quickly peak in an out of cover and move away to prevent yourself from being wallbanged.  Plus you have a defensive positional advantage and 3rd person camera so you shouldn't be peeking until you are killing whoever is on the flag.

There are actually very few legitimate ways to deal with turf rats camping inside their locked houses.  They simply can re-spawn and regear fast enough to attack you multiple times and you can't even enter their house to kill them on spawn.  It is insanely easy to fight from a locked, elevated position that nobody can push into.  It isn't enjoyable and it makes for insanely poor fair play mechanics.  I understand why your turf gang likes to hide behind their locked doors though...

Has nothing to do with hiding behind locked doors, never a problem for us, we do not do it.  If i owned a house that overlooked it I would do it with not a care in the world.  You know why?  Because i bought it with the foresight that it was an advantage.  

The turfs are setup on a cycle, if you can not figure out when the turfs pop and be prepared to take it then that is on you.

If someone is camping a house and it is locked, you now know where they live, huge advantage for you.

Generally only one window watches flag another advantage for you.

You can prob blow up one of their crates to limit their options.

If you kill someone camping it there is a 30 second re spawn timer.They have to unlock their house to get gear, so the excuse that they can re spawn and get gear while fearing of a home invasion in under a minute is pretty outlandish

Frizzy and Reavantos like this

Latino Kings are the worse for this. They know the Turf cycle inside out and have multiple houses inside the turf. Props to them for doing that.

But I agree with most people here. People are able to spawn inside the turf, gear from their house and kill you before you are even able to cap the flag.

1 minute ago, Romulus said:

Has nothing to do with hiding behind locked doors, never a problem for us, we do not do it.  If i owned a house that overlooked it I would do it with not a care in the world.  You know why?  Because i bought it with the foresight that it was an advantage.  

The turfs are setup on a cycle, if you can not figure out when the turfs pop and be prepared to take it then that is on you.

If someone is camping a house and it is locked, you now know where they live, huge advantage for you.

Generally only one window watches flag another advantage for you.

You can prob blow up one of their crates to limit their options.

If you kill someone camping it there is a 30 second re spawn timer.They have to unlock their house to get gear, so the excuse that they can re spawn and get gear while fearing of a home invasion in under a minute is pretty outlandish

I understand you guys love your cute little houses that allow you to live in dp13 and never leave...

But, in the interest of actually enjoyable fights, turf houses are fucking aids.  I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed, but either the ones with views on the cap shouldn't be purchasable or they shouldn't be spawn-able during turf fights.  Your houses still have their usefulness, if you know the turf timers then by all means spawn there ahead of time.  But I can show you at Zaros (the turf I fight the most of the 3 because it is the least aids) there is a shit ton of windows that see the cap.

And the thing is, people do respawn and regear during the fight.  Because when defending you can have 10 little guys hiding in their houses and the attackers get 5.  So its pretty easy to see how it makes for an awful fighting experience when you have less than 15 minutes to clear houses and get the cap by the time you get there..

You can still win the fight without the precious houses to camp in, it just makes it a hell of a lot more of an enjoyable experience for all parties.

Also, P.S. suggesting I blow up the crates... hmmm apparently blowing up their crates is probs not a good idea!

1 minute ago, Ranger said:

I understand you guys love your cute little houses that allow you to live in dp13 and never leave...

But, in the interest of actually enjoyable fights, turf houses are fucking aids.  I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed, but either the ones with views on the cap shouldn't be purchasable or they shouldn't be spawn-able during turf fights.  Your houses still have their usefulness, if you know the turf timers then by all means spawn there ahead of time.  But I can show you at Zaros (the turf I fight the most of the 3 because it is the least aids) there is a shit ton of windows that see the cap.

And the thing is, people do respawn and regear during the fight.  Because when defending you can have 10 little guys hiding in their houses and the attackers get 5.  So its pretty easy to see how it makes for an awful fighting experience when you have less than 15 minutes to clear houses and get the cap by the time you get there..

You can still win the fight without the precious houses to camp in, it just makes it a hell of a lot more of an enjoyable experience for all parties.

Also, P.S. suggesting I blow up the crates... hmmm apparently blowing up their crates is probs not a good idea!

DId you sprain your ankle jumping to conclusions that quickly? when i said explosives. i meant killing the person or making a wall crumble. Holy shit some people are jaded..lol

Just now, Reavantos said:

DId you sprain your ankle jumping to conclusions that quickly? when i said explosives. i meant killing the person or making a wall crumble. Holy shit some people are jaded..lol

Romulus suggested shooting out their crates as a solution.  So I asked an admin in the thread who said that would be a bad idea...

Just defending my PoV.  Not jumping to conclusions.

Reavantos likes this

I already said that the defending group should only have 5 people, not against that, only makes sense.

I do not even own a house in any turf, I just feel like we are talking about maybe 9 houses per server that fall into this category.

Shooting crates is a dick move but i have never been talked to about it since 2014 so I think I am good.

1 hour ago, Romulus said:

If you read the way he answered your post make sure to read the part about cops also.

Which do you think is worse cops seizing you stuff forever or me making it crackle just until restart?

Never had a cop seize my crates, its incredibly easy not to, but that is in no way relevant to the imbalance caused by people rapidly respawning and sniping out of their houses during turf fights.

I think it creates an unfair playing field centered around a game mechanic that I think should be removed to create more enjoyable combat.  People are always complaining about peek battles, but this just facilitates people camping their own locked house in third person to kill whoever caps the flag.  Therefore I think it would be a positive to have the ability to spawn at your houses while the turf is live removed.  Gives a better chance to the attacker who is already at a numbers/positioning disadvantage.

1 hour ago, Romulus said:

Shooting crates is a dick move but i have never been talked to about it since 2014 so I think I am good.

So despite despite that admin saying its not a good idea you insist that you are good to shoot crates? :huh:

Edited by Ranger
58 minutes ago, Ranger said:

So despite despite that admin saying its not a good idea you insist that you are good to shoot crates? :huh:

"I would advise not making that a habit; lest you piss off Paratus. He's not particularly fond of people fucking with other people's crates; even cops."

That is the actual answer to the question of shooting crates.

If the answer was no then he would have stated as such.  It more sounds like it comes down to if it is abused or not.

If people did it every restart for no other purpose than harassment, trolling, or just being a dick then yeah, a concrete ruling would come down on it.

But as it stands right now, it is within the game mechanics just like blowing someones house up as long as its within the realm of rp.

Frizzy likes this
4 hours ago, Clayster said:

What about cutting down the time needed to capture the turf?

I'd rather an actually useful fix be put in place.

I.e. So people can't simply zerg back to snipe from within their houses over and over again preventing anyone from having a meaningful chance of capping the turf.  It makes for an aids form of combat.  Its not actually CQC, its a bunch of Turf Monkeys peaking from locked houses that you can't push into to kill them.  But because its the only way these people can hold a turf, they obviously want to have the advantage of respawning over and over again inside their house to defend Rodopoli.

Edited by Ranger
On 3/1/2016 at 7:00 PM, Haych said:

Latino Kings are the worse for this. They know the Turf cycle inside out and have multiple houses inside the turf. Props to them for doing that.

But I agree with most people here. People are able to spawn inside the turf, gear from their house and kill you before you are even able to cap the flag.

Yo i heard LATIN KINGS, yes i bought houses in turf to have the advantage of capture. First we dont shoot from inside house, second we had spawn lot of times and if the other group capping it is well organize there is no advantage at all, we had lost also. A popular word that many gangs use is TACTICS. One time we were capping a cartel and some gang came to us and blew the tower killing almost all members with a suicide vest, they said TACTICS. Other time we were capping arms, then after restart it changed position, when we were going there the other gang was camping it and wiped us, they said TACTICS, well i bought i house in turf, let me call it TACTICS too :)

Frizzy likes this

There is one house in rodopoli that truly looks at flag, and last I checked envy owned it.

In all honesty there are so many better places to camp flag in  rodopoli.

For turfs to improve I feel they should make defenders only have max 5 people and maybe raise the time to 20 mins instead of 15.

Put the flag in a building so it makes people push instead of sniping.

If anything just to get more gangs to fight for them, only 3  per restart and most times no one comes except a random or 2.

Frizzy and MR. COW like this
9 minutes ago, Romulus said:

There is one house in rodopoli that truly looks at flag, and last I checked envy owned it.

In all honesty there are so many better places to camp flag in  rodopoli.

That's complete bullshit.  There are 4 or 5 houses in Rodo with useful views on the flag and as well as other important locations.

But its a mix of people shooting out of locked houses that you cannot push into to kill them all over the turf as well as the people respawning 5+ times in a given 15 minute period coming sprinting out of their houses with rooks screaming in direct chat and lagging all over the place.