Getting Expirience for big Gangs

I have a question for all the big or server dominating gangs.

First,  I understand that you don't want fresh spawn players that can bearly know how to move, but how is supposed people to get into expirience if the small gangs, usually friends gangs, don't fight cartels or anything, the medium gangs are afraid af of big gangs so the top thing they do is a Sofia pistol banging war or if they feel confident enough go and rob the bank or do a PB.

So the question is, how the hell you get the expirience big gangs are looking for if the only way to get them is by going by yourself to try and capture cartels let's say.

Or bug gangs are just expirienced well know players that always hop in big gangs between servers or so? 

Vanilla Coke and Enclave like this
3 minutes ago, TwinCities said:

First,  I understand that you don't want fresh spawn players that can bearly know how to move, but how is supposed people to get into expirience if the small gangs, usually friends gangs, don't fight cartels or anything, the medium gangs are afraid af of big gangs so the top thing they do is a Sofia pistol banging war or if they feel confident enough go and rob the bank or do a PB.

So the question is, how the hell you get the expirience big gangs are looking for if the only way to get them is by going by yourself to try and capture cartels let's say.

Or bug gangs are just expirienced well know players that always hop in big gangs between servers or so? 

Get into a small gang that has the fiery desire to want to fight cartels even though the outcome would be horrendous. Prove yourself to the veteran players that have been fighting them for months that you can play tactically and kill enemies quick. Then start applying to the underdog gangs that normally fight cartels all the time, but lose to the bigger gangs and continue proving yourself. Post montages of sick killshots and just make a name for yourself

Edited by wr4thx
Churu and Whitey like this

A good way to get noticed is by showing up for cartels when two other gangs are fighting. Sit 800 meters out and just snipe everyone you see. If you get a bunch of kills, people will pick you up just to get rid of the nuisance of you shooting them in the back.

All it really takes is one good performance against the right people. That's how DaQuan made the legend of Kotskib!

I started out as a small gang of friends that fought regiment/brotherhood back in the day then me and a friend that shall not be named spoke to [A.I.A.] leaders to get into the gang because we both liked fighting cartels. AIA wasn't a very top ranking gang but did alright and after fighting with them against larger gangs you get better and get your name out there.  

Iced likes this
12 minutes ago, Wang Liqin said:

I started out as a small gang of friends that fought regiment/brotherhood back in the day then me and a friend that shall not be named spoke to [A.I.A.] leaders to get into the gang because we both liked fighting cartels. AIA wasn't a very top ranking gang but did alright and after fighting with them against larger gangs you get better and get your name out there.  

Similar here, got into AIA in January 2015 with practically no experience, but AIA still fought FSA very frequently despite being much smaller.  You start to meet people and make a name for yourself and go from there.

You don't need to be some big gang to fight cartels to get your name out there.  Currently I play with a group of 6 or 7 total and we still show up and fight cartels from time to time.  There are a number of smaller gangs out there, just find some people within one that have the desire to fight and go do it.

it's really all about making a name for yourself. doesn't matter if you're alone or whatever. Wherever the big gangs go to fight, go there as well. Turfs, cartels, banks etc... don't get salty and shit talk. start small first though. no point of going to do that if you have no idea how combat on arma works. Anything counts, don't say noob shit in side chat, even being active on the forums can help, as long as you're not shitposting.

Professor Pericles likes this
5 hours ago, TwinCities said:

Get into a small gang that still fights cartels. Make sure you practice your ass off so that when you finally do fight a gang that is big, you get a good amount of kills. That's really the only way to get noticed

Starting your own gang can sometimes be fun man, it's harder and more rewarding to beat these bigger gangs than to join them. It's all about havin' fun and having a large enough bank account for endless fights.

Another thing, get a few of your friends and just go contest cartels whenever someone is looking to fight or is fighting, it's good experience and you're doing it with your friends so it really doesn't matter if you win or lose, they'll be okay with it. I don't like the whole getting into a small gang thing but it's how I came up. Also, a bunch of hours helps like ~2.5 to 3k is excellent (AFK hours are impossible to track btw ;))

Instinct was the first (and last) gang I was in that fought cartels a lot (I 1v3'd an Ifrit the very first fight, how's that for standout? :kappa:), but other than that I don't know of any smaller gangs that contest often, but I can't play anymore so look for gangs that do that and you'll be set if you perform well.

If all else fails become a great pilot and you can get into any gang, most gangs are looking for pilots.

@TwinCities

It's all about getting your name out there, be a standout player, and you'll get into standout gangs.

Edited by Vanilla Coke
bunni likes this
8 hours ago, Ranger said:

Similar here, got into AIA in January 2015 with practically no experience, but AIA still fought FSA very frequently despite being much smaller.  You start to meet people and make a name for yourself and go from there.

You don't need to be some big gang to fight cartels to get your name out there.  Currently I play with a group of 6 or 7 total and we still show up and fight cartels from time to time.  There are a number of smaller gangs out there, just find some people within one that have the desire to fight and go do it.

Basically same thing for me, I miss AIA.

Just gotta find that up and coming gang looking for members and willing to fight cartels.

On 3/5/2016 at 6:17 PM, Poko said:

Get into a small gang that still fights cartels. Make sure you practice your ass off so that when you finally do fight a gang that is big, you get a good amount of kills. That's really the only way to get noticed

Practice, practice, practice.  Best way to get better.  I go to cartel locations and look at the map see where I want to fight at.  I get on cqc to practice mechanics and 3p.  Don't get on King of the hill and use anow LMG to practice.

On 3/3/2016 at 2:35 PM, Treeherder said:

1. Learn to code in AHK

2. Make a no recoil + lag switch script 

3. Apply for NV

4. :kappa:

You forgot number 5! 

5. Get perm banned, then unbanned with slap on wrist, get banned, laugh at admins, get unbanned but then banned again right away, sell your script to newbies, quit asylum and start playing new game cuz you made a name for yourself and a lot of money :D

Treeherder, Whitey and Enclave like this
On 3/3/2016 at 1:02 PM, TwinCities said:

join a small gang that likes to fight cartels keep going to them even when u get wiped.  you will start to figure out where you like o fight and where you like to push.  then workl on shooting mechanics in cqc servers or KOTH.  BOOM youre in a n elite gang

On 3/3/2016 at 11:02 AM, TwinCities said:

I played cop ... a lot.

We all start somewhere. I started out with the pistol banging RDMing ATF gang that showed up to some fights and fought "Not Bad Blood." 

Edited by ✪ Eli
fix
On 3/3/2016 at 1:02 PM, TwinCities said:

There are plenty of small gangs you can join, they might not do cartels and such, but eventually you'll work your way up into more experienced gangs who want to do cartels, just getting on and playing a lot also helps (Most experienced gangs want over 1000hrs on Asylum servers).  Also don't play cop too much, no gang wants a career cop.  Nor will you make a name for yourself throughout gangs while playing cop.

Edited by Enclave