AFD Taru medic pod

Kernikov

Advanced EMTs gain the ability to purchase a virtual "medical drop" item that, when used, spawns an AI Taru to fly-by and "paradrop" an ammo crate that has the same options as a hospital/medical shop.

My suggestion is to replace or supplement this item by adding the Taru Medical logistics pod (the one thats attached to the medical Taru) and the bare cargo-lift Taru to transport it, with the medical pod being purchase-able and pull-able from a ground vehicle garage and able to be sling loaded and brought to a location to provide the same medical/hospital options.

Perhaps to prevent it from being stolen, allow a medic to lock/deploy it and have it be a valid "hospital" location for the civ respawn talent with gear if deployed.

Just some late night theory crafting.

I mean not a bad idea at all, one issue I foresee is that I feel like the AFD is the Wild West rn.  There were feds this past weekend where there were four medics for rebels none for cops, blocking our shots with hunters etc. I feel like there wouldn’t be a way to counter this if for example someone dropped one on the roof of bank, and suddenly there’s unlimited medical supplies and assistance.  Obviously this can be adjusted with policy/code but food for thought.

Edited by P.FitzWallace

Did you know there's already a virtual item for medics that drops a flare and a helicopter drops a medical crate with a med shop that any can use?

And the owner of the crate gets a commission for anything bought at it by another player

This thing can be sling loaded, loaded onto vehicles etc, I don't think the current state of slinging/vehicle loading allows the taru pod to be lifted by anything but the taru/huron though

3 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Did you know there's already a virtual item for medics that drops a flare and a helicopter drops a medical crate with a med shop that any can use?

And the owner of the crate gets a commission for anything bought at it by another player

This thing can be sling loaded, loaded onto vehicles etc, I don't think the current state of slinging/vehicle loading allows the taru pod to be lifted by anything but the taru/huron though

Bro that's literally the first sentence in my post, I'm aware it exists.
I think having AI anything is cringe, and having a physical pod instead of a magic box is a lot better quality wise. 

I'd assume that the Mohawk could as well, but I feel like that heavy cargo lift restriction is a pro in regards to stopping it from being yoinked.

4 hours ago, P.FitzWallace said:

I mean not a bad idea at all, one issue I foresee is that I feel like the AFD is the Wild West rn.  There were feds this past weekend where there were four medics for rebels none for cops, blocking our shots with hunters etc. I feel like there wouldn’t be a way to counter this if for example someone dropped one on the roof of bank, and suddenly there’s unlimited medical supplies and assistance.  Obviously this can be adjusted with policy/code but food for thought.

I think "this faction is whitelisted griefing and not worth adding content to" is a hilarious argument.
Thoughts @JimJim?

Edited by Kernikov
4 hours ago, P.FitzWallace said:

if this is happening you can report it. there should only be 2 medics max at an event unless its a Shipping Robbery. 1 medic is supposed to help cops and 1 is supposed to help rebels, but if a medic's side is hostile to them they are allowed to switch sides one time. so theoretically there should only ever be 2 medics max helping either side.

Trist likes this
  • 4 weeks later...