server 6 needs your help

reasons why server 6 is dying if not dead......cops unbalanced they have 9mm smgs...ridiculous to think anyone can stop crime up against long range fully automatic rifles. the bounty hunter gets a colt carbine that only a LT can get ..whole map is based on the east coast everything is bunched together. no banks , the fed is a joke. a wire fence keeping all the citizens money safe. the cop cars slide everywhere , ima a donor wheres my hatchback? theres no donor town, theres no donor discount in the stores.the gunshop has more selection then rebel damn near all legal at that .. I gotta go to Sydney to buy a crate for a house in melborne..smh I love the server its a great change, but come on its being half slacked off..got 3 planes all under 50 and 1 hummingbird at 150k.. no scopes..this clearly wasn't thought out fully..just its great having 4 of the same exact servers. whats nice is a change everyonce in a while. but if its not up to par why waste time? just saying serer 6 is great has potential but not being tended correcty. please help it

IAMGOD, blinky, God and 5 others like this
Just now, fembot123 said:

Im fairly new (142 hrs in Asylum) any idea how long these are generally are down for? 

servers are not usually down for this long and they haven't said anything about it (as far as I know) so I don't know what they're doing with it atm. 

Personally I thought the Australian server brought alot of new scenarios. Also, the outback is Awesome, the landscape has a vast variety of terrain in which you can play through with a beetle. For some Its simply more fun to cruise through Australia, than to drive through the flat lands of Altis. The Mods also give server a edge over other servers. And the performance was rather stable I found, room for improvement yes, but with the server having average 20/100 players im sure at least 1/5 of the populous agrees that Server 6 is rather stable, even with 75+ people playing. Im not sure why people are so excited to go back their everyday altis, with the same cars, guns houses, terrain etc. 

fembot123 likes this

thank you , altis is great and even modded would be cool but after almot 3 years Australia was a breath of fresh air, just need the kinks worked out, for those who don't appreciate it , stay in altis, its not mandatory.. at this point I just want it back up , logged into altis and did a fed, shot some people , flew a helo, then got bored, having everything is old already I liked working towards stuff again with familiar faces, whether it turns into tanoa or not a option when done correctly would be a wonder asset to the asylum lineup..

Sergio likes this
8 hours ago, SV Paul said:

Also performance is a big drawback for people.

This.  I remember trying it and commenting on the shitty performance.  I was immediately greeted by server 6 autistic fanbois that would defend Aussie land til their dying breath.  Probably the same people that wanted s5 back and then stopped playing a week later.  Its a nice idea, but... Arma 3.  I might try it again now that I have a 980ti, but its just so foreign an experience compared to 1-4.

Edited by Shade
Vash likes this
11 hours ago, Shade said:

This.  I remember trying it and commenting on the shitty performance.  I was immediately greeted by server 6 autistic fanbois that would defend Aussie land til their dying breath.  Probably the same people that wanted s5 back and then stopped playing a week later.  Its a nice idea, but... Arma 3.  I might try it again now that I have a 980ti, but its just so foreign an experience compared to 1-4.

U made me rofl and im out of likes

10 minutes ago, Vash said:

Altis with mods would be great. I just hate custom maps...buildings and terrain don't feel natural at all.

If the scale of the map was smaller I would love the Aussie server.  But being as everything is 10km+ apart with the exception of turtles and heroin it makes getting money very hard.  Add in the performance issues people are reporting (i havnt had any) you get what we have.  There is alot of potential for the map/mods as a whole, but it def needs to be reworked.

Scott likes this
2 hours ago, HotWings said:

If the scale of the map was smaller I would love the Aussie server.  But being as everything is 10km+ apart with the exception of turtles and heroin it makes getting money very hard.  Add in the performance issues people are reporting (i havnt had any) you get what we have.  There is alot of potential for the map/mods as a whole, but it def needs to be reworked.

True, but the map is so flat you can literally drive a Beetle straight there at 200km/h. And what Scott said about the framerate is true, I actually hover around 70+fps with 2km view distance when I'm not near Sydney or Melbourne.

I dare you to play the map for a week straight, you will really get a feel for it.

I argued for a modded Altis server, which I still think is a great idea, but I really do love the Aussie map now. It has SO MUCH potential. I'm sure the future of S6 will be much brighter with a little more TLC.

Scott and Karl Lennox like this
1 minute ago, Sergio said:

True, but the map is so flat you can literally drive a Beetle straight there at 200km/h. And what Scott said about the framerate is true, I actually hover around 70+fps with 2km view distance when I'm not near Sydney or Melbourne.

I dare you to play the map for a week straight, you will really get a feel for it.

I argued for a modded Altis server, which I still think is a great idea, but I really do love the Aussie map now. It has SO MUCH potential. I'm sure the future of S6 will be much brighter with a little more TLC.

The beetle is great. To bad only rebels have it. Cop vehicles spin in circles the moment you try to slow down on dirt, the roads are so bumpy its impossible to chase anyone in a buggy. I have played the server almost exclusively for a while.

Just now, HotWings said:

The beetle is great. To bad only rebels have it. Cop vehicles spin in circles the moment you try to slow down on dirt, the roads are so bumpy its impossible to chase anyone in a buggy. I have played the server almost exclusively for a while.

uh actually cops have  it aswell ...and they updated the way the crown vic drives...all small things you guys making it seem like altis wasn't trash starting up, ive been here the whole time aswell.. crates missing dropping inventory groups messing up , its all a process but with everyone being negative it doesn't help..its simple, if u like it cool speak up and help ways to improve, if u don't like it , don't come back , lol simple stay on altis, where things will remain the same FORRRRRREVVEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... AHAAHAHAAHAAAAAAA in my evil voice...seriously , try it out without judging or expecting to win a million dollars each time and ull love it!

54 minutes ago, Karl Lennox said:

uh actually cops have  it aswell ...and they updated the way the crown vic drives...all small things you guys making it seem like altis wasn't trash starting up, ive been here the whole time aswell.. crates missing dropping inventory groups messing up , its all a process but with everyone being negative it doesn't help..its simple, if u like it cool speak up and help ways to improve, if u don't like it , don't come back , lol simple stay on altis, where things will remain the same FORRRRRREVVEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... AHAAHAHAAHAAAAAAA in my evil voice...seriously , try it out without judging or expecting to win a million dollars each time and ull love it!

Under cover cops have it. Not everyone likes to play undercover.  If the "fixed" the crown vic its worse.  You cant even break and turn at the same time.Its not about small things. I didn't even have cop options on the server yesterday, thats pretty dam game breaking if you ask me.  All that I still love the server, its just not set up for good game play at the moment.  

Reason i stopped playing on server 6 was the fact that there were massive amounts of cancerous players camping the towns. I would spawn in and before i could even render in somebody would be spamming me to put my hands up then shoot me inside the spawn. I figured it was just a weekend thing, but i was wrong. It was continuous RDM for a good while. I put in reports for the player, but it would be a good 7 days before any action was taken. So that meant in the mean time those players were continuing to be retards and ruin the experience for everyone else. Its no surprise to me the servers dead. 

Personally I think Altis modded would be a waste, its just the same map, have a new map or whatever if you were to change it up a bit, how about that kelly's island or w/e it is, seems cooler and not as big as Aussie, Honestly though people are probably sick of Altis since it really is the most used map on Arma 3

How is S6 playing now that cocaine and meth have been tweaked in terms of placement?  

The vehicle issues are part map, and part vehicle mod - neither of which we have control over. We can tweak the beetle, just not the Jonzie and other cars (well perhaps we can, but it's difficult in a way). 

The cop issues were a bug that no one told me about, but they were fixed last week. I think it was only an issue for a day as well. 

I love S6 and want to see it thrive.  Let me know what else seems to not be right, and I'll see what I can do to fix it  

Scott, Vash, Sergio and 1 other like this

Guys in my book the server is still considered to be new. Give the developers some time. They need to overlook 5 different servers and I'm pretty sure they have a life apart from spending hours on coding and then figuring out if what they did broke anything.

The best thing you can do is to start a topic in the suggestions forum.

Edited by BouncingHitman