• More karaoke
  • Ability to stop criminals without the time requirements of cop

Cons

• Nothing new to rebel
  • So much depth into bounty hunter, something no other play-style has seen
  • Altering the way cops handle criminal bounty hunters
  • Bounty hunter cheaper for groups and more effective then rebel

What I feel should have happened.

Now, everybody could say this can all blow over in a few days when the hype goes down but I strongly disagree, I feel like because of the fact bounty hunter got this major buff without any other "class" seeing any kind of depth it is much more interesting to play. People seem to think because of the loss of bounty hunter licence this somehow balances it. In reality it doesn't especially in large group situations it is MUCH cheaper to just down and restrain people, or down people every 5-10 minutes to avoid charge all together. Consider it this way, yes they loose a 6.5k licence but with legal weapons and gear it is much easier to not lose your kit because a cop sees you in town with a MK1. On top of that downing somebody does not give any kind of charge and attempted manslaughter is not stackable, so consider a bounty hunter shooting 3 cops to escape and drive away would at best give him a 2.5k bounty IF the cops catch him. A rebel with regular kit would get him a 15k bounty, If they caught him 17.5k at least. If he turns himself in, still a 7.5k ticket. That is just tickets alone, not including the kit costs(I don't know how much BH gear costs but I'm assuming its equal or less) This update has overall made being a rebel somewhat mundane, no real new content along with a clearly cheaper and more effective option, and if bigger numbers very profitable (Stealing bounties). I think this update has a lot of potential to be very good and very interesting. But the fact is a lot of depth was added into a class that requires no rp past initiation. Some people enjoy talking to a cop about their charges, but BH's just aren't interested. With some proper balancing and maybe some rule adjustments I think a large portion of the community complaining would be happier to see it come.

Everybody should know this post is an OPINION based post, I won't tell you that you are wrong, you should give me the same respect. 

Please reply with your opinions if you have the maturity to understand an opinion is a personal view.

scen7edcandle and BioHazard like this
1 minute ago, hamsham12 said:

fuck you retard this is a fucking stupid post, we cops need 7.62's

thats what jaylen would say

I don't personally think 7.62s would make a whole lot of difference in this situation, I have no problems with the hunters as they have the lowest armor and speed of the lot. My concerns about this update are how it has seemed to de-motivate a lot of cops as the higher bounties for manslaughter and gang fights just aren't there and when they are there are tons of bounty hunters attempting to steal them creating a very hostile and overwhelming situation.

1 minute ago, Legit said:

I don't personally think 7.62s would make a whole lot of difference in this situation, I have no problems with the hunters as they have the lowest armor and speed of the lot. My concerns about this update are how it has seemed to de-motivate a lot of cops as the higher bounties for manslaughter and gang fights just aren't there and when they are there are tons of bounty hunters attempting to steal them creating a very hostile and overwhelming situation.

calm down i could care less, it was a troll post, the fucking whole police force could have lynx's and still suck cock

Flashpoint likes this

26 minutes ago, Legit said:

Pros

• Bounty hunter buff, was much needed to make it more interesting
  • Performance changes are always wanted
  • Use for the advanced int base area
  • Shared bounties
  • More karaoke
  • Ability to stop criminals without the time requirements of cop

Cons

• Nothing new to rebel
  • So much depth into bounty hunter, something no other play-style has seen
  • Altering the way cops handle criminal bounty hunters
  • Bounty hunter cheaper for groups and more effective then rebel

What I feel should have happened.

Now, everybody could say this can all blow over in a few days when the hype goes down but I strongly disagree, I feel like because of the fact bounty hunter got this major buff without any other "class" seeing any kind of depth it is much more interesting to play. People seem to think because of the loss of bounty hunter licence this somehow balances it. In reality it doesn't especially in large group situations it is MUCH cheaper to just down and restrain people, or down people every 5-10 minutes to avoid charge all together. Consider it this way, yes they loose a 6.5k licence but with legal weapons and gear it is much easier to not lose your kit because a cop sees you in town with a MK1. On top of that downing somebody does not give any kind of charge and attempted manslaughter is not stackable, so consider a bounty hunter shooting 3 cops to escape and drive away would at best give him a 2.5k bounty IF the cops catch him. A rebel with regular kit would get him a 15k bounty, If they caught him 17.5k at least. If he turns himself in, still a 7.5k ticket. That is just tickets alone, not including the kit costs(I don't know how much BH gear costs but I'm assuming its equal or less) This update has overall made being a rebel somewhat mundane, no real new content along with a clearly cheaper and more effective option, and if bigger numbers very profitable (Stealing bounties). I think this update has a lot of potential to be very good and very interesting. But the fact is a lot of depth was added into a class that requires no rp past initiation. Some people enjoy talking to a cop about their charges, but BH's just aren't interested. With some proper balancing and maybe some rule adjustments I think a large portion of the community complaining would be happier to see it come.

Everybody should know this post is an OPINION based post, I won't tell you that you are wrong, you should give me the same respect. 

Please reply with your opinions if you have the maturity to understand an opinion is a personal view.

People are taking this way out of proportion. Its a whole new type of play style that people aint use too and because people dont like change they're complaining about it yeno ( dont mean you btw ). Once it all calms down it'll shoved back under the rug and that'll be that.

The Monopoly Man likes this
7 minutes ago, Vash said:

Someone that expresses his opinion in a constructive and respectful manner? How, Asylum has changed. Good on you!

I'm just trying to make a post that isn't just like "fuck the update". I think there is potential and good ideas behind it, just not the best execution and might need some modifying to fit this community, My opinion is very similar to many other cops and civs that dislike this update

14 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

People are taking this way out of proportion. Its a whole new type of play style that people aint use too and because people dont like change they're complaining about it yeno ( dont mean you btw ). Once it all calms down it'll shoved back under the rug and that'll be that.

I would agree for the most part, but it has drastically changed gameplay, It being cheaper and in my opinion more effective then rebel means cops are overall less useful and removes a lot of rp that used to exist between the cops and the "robbers". I don't think that will calm down unless rebel gets some kind of significant change putting it on an equal or higher level then BH, at maybe the cost of time, or expense. I do feel like the fact cops right now have little to nothing to do will calm down, but everybody choosing BH over rebel won't. 

3 hours ago, >Jay< said:

Guys the update isn't that bad, bounty hunters now have a chance to go after rebels with high bounties, being a bounty hunter before was complete garbage.

Compare the differences between cop and BH, you may find BH now have some very significant advantages. Not saying cops don't, but with all the interviews required they can be responsible with them. BHs require no whitelist making some cops feel useless. 

5 hours ago, Legit said:

Cons

• Nothing new to rebel

Me alongside a lot of Rebels are actually happy for the new clothes. I've been wanting those added to the Rebel store for a long time, and now we can finally look even better in combat. Imo the simple addition of extra clothing to the rebel stores is enough to keep us happy for a couple weeks.

Rebels don't need anything new now beside a new activity to fight cops, a payout buff to the Fed and a couple possible new Cartel locations.

2 hours ago, Bunni said:

Whats the new clothing to rebel?

Guerilla Apparel 
Starvou Fatigues
Kerry Fatigues
Kitbag Variants
Bergen Variants
Assault Pack Variants
And a bunch of cool hats

Most items where already in the server but only purchasable from the Civilian Stores in cities

1 minute ago, Haych said:

Me alongside a lot of Rebels are actually happy for the new clothes. I've been wanting those added to the Rebel store for a long time, and now we can finally look even better in combat. Imo the simple addition of extra clothing to the rebel stores is enough to keep us happy for a couple weeks.

Rebels don't need anything new now beside a new activity to fight cops, a payout buff to the Fed and a couple possible new Cartel locations.

I apologize for forgetting about the clothes, I must admit they are swagalicious, But I was more talking about significant additions that could altar gameplay past hiding in a bush or not :)

5 minutes ago, Legit said:

Compare the differences between cop and BH, you may find BH now have some very significant advantages. Not saying cops don't, but with all the interviews required they can be responsible with them. BHs require no whitelist making some cops feel useless. 

Bounty hunters have:

• Tracking
  • 5.56 + MXs
  • Expensive hunters
  • No rules
  • Zipties fade after 10 minutes

Cops have:

• Tracking (Max warrant very accurate)
  • Free 5.56, MXs, MXMs, MK1s
  • Cheap hunters + striders
  • Handcuffs never fade with cops within 500m radius + godmode.
  • Extremely fast respawns
  • No group cap
  • Drones
  • Chain defibbing
  • Sirens!
  • The ability to call for backup on other servers and get 20+ cops online.

Yeah, I don't think BHs have the advantage.. Before you whine too much, just imagine the possibility of giving drones to civs! Wouldn't that be something?

2 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Bounty hunters have:

• Tracking
  • 5.56 + MXs
  • Expensive hunters
  • No rules

Cops have:

• No group cap
  • Drones
  • Chain defibbing
  • Sirens!

Yeah, I don't think BHs have the advantage.. Before you whine too much, just imagine the possibility of giving drones to civs! Wouldn't that be something?

If constables actually bought there guns, which comprise of more then 2/3 of the APD that are on, I would agree with you.

There are also numerous rules to follow, and long lengthy promotions to get through to acheiv anything.

Lastly whats a non group cap of max maybe 20 cops vs an army of 75 reb... i mean bounty hunters who deem any shot to be a gun fight they can get involved in

I am biased however because Fuck Bounty Hunters

Edited by Sugarfoot
4 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Bounty hunters have:

• Tracking
  • 5.56 + MXs
  • Expensive hunters
  • No rules

Cops have:

• No group cap
  • Drones
  • Chain defibbing
  • Sirens!

Lets not forget SWAT Striders also get Thermal in Commander View as well. They can even use the smokes now which is such a amazing thing for Banks. Yet cops still complain they are in a disadvantage. Not to even mention Hurons. Sure they are weak but it opens up so many opportunities and new tactics to use it alongside towing MRAPs. I would kill to get Rebel Hurons.

Let Synergy or Insanity all play as cop for one day. We'll prove the cops single handedly how easy it is to take over a Bank/Fed/Prison with the tools available.

1 minute ago, Bikstok said:

Bounty hunters have:

• Tracking
  • 5.56 + MXs
  • Expensive hunters
  • No rules

Cops have:

• No group cap
  • Drones
  • Chain defibbing
  • Sirens!

What I was saying wasn't based around the intire server had only SGT's on. Simply unlocking the ability to use a hunter could take you two months, probably more. You also leave out that bountyhunters are not bound to RP, They can just initiate, restrain, drive to jail. Processing civilians takes time and is a reason why playing cop is entertaining. Now not only do you worry about their friends attacking, but other BH's trying to steal the bounty.  I also never said they have the advantage, I said they have significant advantages. Cops also have significant advantages. Each roll has abilitys the others don't. However BHs can arrest people significantly faster leading to much dismay from people just wanting to RP.

Just now, Legit said:

What I was saying wasn't based around the intire server had only SGT's on. Simply unlocking the ability to use a hunter could take you two months, probably more. You also leave out that bountyhunters are not bound to RP, They can just initiate, restrain, drive to jail. Processing civilians takes time and is a reason why playing cop is entertaining. Now not only do you worry about their friends attacking, but other BH's trying to steal the bounty.  I also never said they have the advantage, I said they have significant advantages. Cops also have significant advantages. Each roll has abilitys the others don't. However BHs can arrest people significantly faster leading to much dismay from people just wanting to RP.

Cops think the only kind of RP is having a guy handcuffed in HQ while he tells some bullshit story about his bounty. Don't you guys ever get tired of hearing the same stories over and over again? At this point, I honestly feel like it's almost impossible to be original with a RP story. Personally I enjoy more natural RP when you just run into a cop or another civ, and talk to them normally without making up some fantasy world. Surely, roleplaying should cover the cops versus robbers aspect of the server as well? I'm roleplaying as a murderous criminal while you roleplay as the good cop protecting the civilians.

Bounty hunters have the simple task of putting the criminal in jail. Why should they question if the man is innocent or not? That sounds like work of a jury to me. I think cops feel threatened by this update, but it's honestly without reason. Sure, you might get kidnapped while the hype train is rolling, but it will quiet down eventually.

Vash and SheriffJohnBeard like this
5 hours ago, BioHazard_ said:

I've been told civilians can now hold a bounty hunter license and a rebel license at the same time? How does this work? There's no justification for this apart from the fact it encourages rebels to abuse bounty hunter!??

I don't think that's true.

55 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Cops think the only kind of RP is having a guy handcuffed in HQ while he tells some bullshit story about his bounty. Don't you guys ever get tired of hearing the same stories over and over again? At this point, I honestly feel like it's almost impossible to be original with a RP story. Personally I enjoy more natural RP when you just run into a cop or another civ, and talk to them normally without making up some fantasy world. Surely, roleplaying should cover the cops versus robbers aspect of the server as well? I'm roleplaying as a murderous criminal while you roleplay as the good cop protecting the civilians.

Bounty hunters have the simple task of putting the criminal in jail. Why should they question if the man is innocent or not? That sounds like work of a jury to me. I think cops feel threatened by this update, but it's honestly without reason. Sure, you might get kidnapped while the hype train is rolling, but it will quiet down eventually.

Regardless of if you consider it rp or not, a lot of people do see that as rp. Most people atleast want a chance. Thats why the term "Robocop" Exists. But I value your opinion nonetheless.

A lot of the hype will die down I agree, my opinion has changed slightly since reading everybody elses opinion, I do hope for some rebel updates to more balance this change though, I'm very hopefull cool in-depth updates like these continue to roll.

Edited by Legit
7 hours ago, Haych said:

Lets not forget SWAT Striders also get Thermal in Commander View as well. They can even use the smokes now which is such a amazing thing for Banks. Yet cops still complain they are in a disadvantage. Not to even mention Hurons. Sure they are weak but it opens up so many opportunities and new tactics to use it alongside towing MRAPs. I would kill to get Rebel Hurons.

Let Synergy or Insanity all play as cop for one day. We'll prove the cops single handedly how easy it is to take over a Bank/Fed/Prison with the tools available.

The thermal vision on the strider is disabled.

17 hours ago, Haych said:

I haven't heard any cops complaining about the bank/fed/prison. The group of cops I've been playing with the past few days have handled banks and such very well. Personally I think rebels need more of an advantage when doing banks/fed/prison, right now it seems like cops hold a major advantage. 

19 hours ago, Bikstok said:

Bounty hunters have:

• Tracking
  • 5.56 + MXs
  • Expensive hunters
  • No rules

Cops have:

• No group cap
  • Drones
  • Chain defibbing
  • Sirens!

Max warrant for cops is 200m circles. Max BHs get 175 meter circles. (Max bounty hunters get a lot of things cops don't but its generally stealing gear/items and longer jail times nothing cops would want or should even have)

Cops get 2 minute timers maxxed out. Bounty Hunters get two different tracks on a 2 minute timer as well so slightly better because they have 4 warrants.

All MXs are 4-5k. Mk1s are 8000 untaxed and 9800 taxed. I don't understand why rebels think they are informed enough to try posting stuff without knowing its a fact. :shrug: Last time I bought one a bounty hunter MX was 8.2k and you can get Mk1s for 8.7k with two Turfs and Arms. 15k With one or the other, and 20ishk with neither.

Hunters and Striders are indeed cheap for the most part. Approximately 1/4 or 1/5 the price of Ifrits and Civ Hunters (depends which one we are speaking of)

By the way cop helicopters are surprisingly enough more expensive than civilian helicopters now for whatever reason.(Excluding the hummingbird which is 24k) Was going to buy an Orca the other day and Full taxes it was like 130k. Hurons, hellcats and such being around 90-95k but squishy as all hell. Although I do believe undercover orcas are 70k for some reason? Cop vehicles are across the spectrum at the moment

Chain defibing is something I know of and talk about, but have yet to do or see as the talent has just recently been fixed and in the past I got it late and used it very little. Only SGTs+ get to do it and it costs 65000 prestige which is a considerable amount. Considering how rare it is listing it as an incredible benefit is the same as me arguing Civ mk1s are cheaper than cop Mk1s because of turfs and arms. Everyone knows nobody constantly has arms and 2 two turfs.

You need a cop fact checker in the future I got you no jokes or insult intended. Because only about 60% of this information was correct on the cop side of things.

@Bikstok

Edited by Dust Runner
Legit likes this
3 minutes ago, Dust Runner said:

Max warrant for cops is 200m circles. Max BHs get 175 meter circles. (Max bounty hunters get a lot of things cops don't but its generally stealing gear/items and longer jail times nothing cops would want or should even have)

Cops get 2 minute timers maxxed out. Bounty Hunters get two different tracks on a 2 minute timer as well so slightly better because they have 4 warrants.

All MXs are 4-5k. Mk1s are 8000 untaxed and 9800 taxed. I don't understand why rebels think they are informed enough to try posting stuff without knowing its a fact. :shrug: Last time I bought one a bounty hunter MX was 8.2k and you can get Mk1s for 8.7k with two Turfs and Arms. 15k With one or the other, and 20ishk with neither.

Hunters and Striders are indeed cheap for the most part. Approximately 1/4 or 1/5 the price of Ifrits and Civ Hunters (depends which one we are speaking of)

By the way cop helicopters are surprisingly enough more expensive than civilian helicopters now for whatever reason.(Excluding the hummingbird which is 24k) Was going to buy an Orca the other day and Full taxes it was like 130k. Hurons, hellcats and such being around 90-95k but squishy as all hell. Although I do believe undercover orcas are 70k for some reason? Cop vehicles are across the spectrum at the moment

Chain defibing is something I know of and talk about, but have yet to do or see as the talent has just recently been fixed and in the past I got it late and used it very little. Only SGTs+ get to do it and it costs 65000 prestige which is a considerable amount. Considering how rare it is listing it as an incredible benefit is the same as me arguing Civ mk1s are cheaper cop Mk1s because of turfs and arms. Everyone knows nobody constantly has arms and 2 two turfs.

You need a cop fact checker in the future I got you no jokes or insult intended. Because only about 60% of this information was correct on the cop side of things.

@Bikstok

Talk about nitpicking.. I just listed a bunch of advantages/disadvantages the various sides have. You whiny cops are the ones complaining about balance while a sizeable portion of your cop force has access to freaking thermals. However, you don't see me crying about that constantly.

TheRealLethal and Rodrigo like this
Just now, Bikstok said:

Talk about nitpicking.. I just listed a bunch of advantages/disadvantages the various sides have. You whiny cops are the ones complaining about balance while a sizeable portion of your cop force has access to freaking thermals. However, you don't see me crying about that constantly.

You don't have to cry about it. Nobody uses it probably for the worse for us and the better for you so there's no reason too simply. Doesn't help that the drone is at least 5k (maybe more?) last time i bought that too. Cop loadouts add up when you get shot in the back of the head for no reason. And uploading a 5 minute video when it happens at least once a play session is awfully dull and generally not worth the 11k loadout. Cops have a lot of issues right now and have had them for a while. The rebels of the community bitching about nerfing them when they were already still better than them for the most part is the reason for this. I don't mean you specifically but the minority generally yells the loudest here, and that's the reason cops just keep getting knocked into a deeper hole and you see more and more cops speaking out. (crying; lmao) People still bitch about the few things cops have left. We just can't win haha