[Non 7.0] Which features stimulate RP?

After a long time of playing Asylum i kind of grown old about farming money, fighting cartels, being a rook warrior in kavala.

Right now i wanna roleplay and have fun scenario's.

Now i'm trying to just meet up with people and having a talk but to just out of nowhere start roleplaying with someone is easily rejected.

So i was wondering, what does the server do for us to make this easier?

• APD Policies, allowing roleplay to get out of a ticket
  • RDM Rules, a very low bar set to avoid KoS
  • Govenor role, eventhough this could be so much more than it is right now
  • (Kidnapping) Being able to restrain someone, this makes it easy to force someone into a roleplay situation
  • Trial, being able to talk yourself out of jail with a good speech!
  • Blind folds, to take people to special places - Dust Runner

Is there more to add to this list?

Edited by Midamaru
8 hours ago, Zoex said:

I mean not too long ago you were saying in side chat "Who comes to fight at north rebel I am bored" :P

Cuz there's nothing else to doooooo

Yesterday i tried just RPing as a fully geared rebel, got rdmed because i was "holding someone up" by saying hi.

Then i got clear of everything and tried to RP as fresh spawn, got ignored

Then i got myself wanted and turned myself in, got robo copped

Just trying to figure out ways how to RP! T_T 

Le Razoir likes this

My most fun on the server was from kidnapping newer players and doing ridiculous things with them.  One day, me and 2 friends kidnapped people and forced them to go through "trials" to join our sun cult, with games such as "the sun says" and dropping them from moderate heights as a final test. At the end, they were asked to recite an oath (if they passed) and if they wanted to join the cult.  They were then given the sun uniform --yellow plaid and a blue fedora-- and a rook.  By the end of that day, in a few hours, we had gained around 4 new members of the sun cult.  It was a blast for everyone.  It is a bit unfortunate that you have to take such drastic action for some RP, though. 

20 hours ago, Midamaru said:

Cuz there's nothing else to doooooo

Yesterday i tried just RPing as a fully geared rebel, got rdmed because i was "holding someone up" by saying hi.

Then i got clear of everything and tried to RP as fresh spawn, got ignored

Then i got myself wanted and turned myself in, got robo copped

Just trying to figure out ways how to RP! T_T 

Maybe no one likes you? Kappa

I always have good results in Kavala.  I just grab a .45, put on some Hawaiian clothes, and take bong rips with my mic open.

On 6/4/2016 at 4:14 PM, Midamaru said:

After a long time of playing Asylum i kind of grown old about farming money, fighting cartels, being a rook warrior in kavala.

Now i'm trying to just meet up with people and having a talk but to just out of nowhere start roleplaying with someone is easily rejected.

• (Kidnapping) Being able to restrain someone, this makes it easy to force someone into a roleplay situation

no

On 6/4/2016 at 4:14 PM, Midamaru said:

Only way RP gets better on Asylum is if they raise cop RP standards and add in more legal roleplay with the governor position. It would be cool if players could elect councils to write and amend laws for certain things. Also, a long, long time ago, I remember Paratus or someone mentioning something about adding in a feature where players could buy property and convert them into businesses. Never happened. I guess they figured all the RDM, KOS, and trolling was enough to keep us occupied indefinitely. 

Just now, BigDeluxe said:

Well, I guess RP will never get better on Asylum then, you're right, screw it. 

i actually didn't want that to be interpreted as a negative comment, there is for sure things that can be done to improve the roleplay element but i'm not too sure what

There's other servers out there that have rules put in place to keep high standards of roleplay, however Asylums rule-set simply does not support that. A lot of people who play Altis Life to Roleplay go to them servers. When was the last time a Youtuber/Streamer of a decent size actually played on here to Roleplay? Why would they when there's much better alternatives.

I've been a part of both ALUK and GTA, the 2 most popular roleplay servers, and here are rules they have set in place to keep it like this. Keep in mind, most of these rules Asylum players will not be happy to have set in place, I am not stating they should, I love the way the rules are now, I am simply noting down what other servers do to keep high standards of RP. Some rules vary across both servers, but in general, they are similar.

• NLR. Once you die, thats it, you can't return to the same event until its over
  • Rebel Outposts and Illegal sites are not KOS. Believe it or not, a lot of amazing RP happens at Rebel Outposts when it isn't KOS. Its where a lot of new players tend to make friends.
  • They blanket ban any group avoiding roleplay or being toxic (basically 95% Asylum gangs will get banned instantly)
  • They ban people who bait initiation for combat. For example if a large gang robs gas stations over and over again just to kill police.
  • You can not initiate via text, you have to use voice communication.
  • The APD has a special unit dedicated to Hostage Operations
  • Fail RP rule. If you do something that doesn't value your life, you will be banned. For example not surrendering if you are outnumbered/attempting to 1v4 etc.. 
  • Value of Life > Gear. If you tell someone to drop their gear at gunpoint and they don't, again bannable.
  • Sirens are not initiation
  • Can't metagame name tags. You have to gain peoples names via roleplay
  • For banks, A Police Negotiator has to be sent in before you can start killing, killing the negotiator is bannable.
  • A more relaxed police force. If you have a amazing story, you will most likely keep your firearm, no matter big it is, same with drugs. If you get caught running drugs and you have a great story, your vehicle won't be seized. 

Yes, these rules are very strict, strict to a point where you have no freedom, again, why I prefer Asylum. 

The list goes on and on. It isn't features per say that stimulates roleplay, its the rule-set and the community behind it. Asylum is a savage community hence the reason I love it. I've always said this to people who always ask me, which server do I play on, which ones better? etc.. And my simple answer is, 
Play on Asylum if you want freedom, relaxed rules and wan't to fight 24/7. You'll also get much better at the game and be as toxic as you wan't.
Play on ALUK/GTA if you want strict roleplay and a much kinder community, however you'll be fighting against potatoes 

Edited by Haych
Chau and Midamaru like this
2 hours ago, Haych said:
  • Rebel Outposts and Illegal sites are not KOS. Believe it or not, a lot of amazing RP happens at Rebel Outposts when it isn't KOS. Its where a lot of new players tend to make friends.

I really like those two. Making an illegal area KOS only slightly increases the risk and I don't think it is worth the trade off of removing the need for RP. What makes an activity risky is if it is profitable. That's when you have to be careful doing it. I've probably been robbed/killed just as much doing legal stuff.

Then when it comes to sirens sometimes I have to drive through the city fast and don't turn on siren for fear of getting shot. I would like to use my siren so I don't run people over or get into a crash. The only time siren should be initiation is if it is obvious you are chasing a vehicle and it doesn't pull over.

Edited by Destrah
1 hour ago, Haych said:

There's other servers out there that have rules put in place to keep high standards of roleplay, however Asylums rule-set simply does not support that. A lot of people who play Altis Life to Roleplay go to them servers. When was the last time a Youtuber/Streamer of a decent size actually played on here to Roleplay? Why would they when there's much better alternatives.

I've been a part of both ALUK and GTA, the 2 most popular roleplay servers, and here are rules they have set in place to keep it like this. Keep in mind, most of these rules Asylum players will not be happy to have set in place, I am not stating they should, I love the way the rules are now, I am simply noting down what other servers do to keep high standards of RP. Some rules vary across both servers, but in general, they are similar.

• NLR. Once you die, thats it, you can't return to the same event until its over
  • They blanket ban any group avoiding roleplay or being toxic (basically 95% Asylum gangs will get banned instantly)
  • They ban people who bait initiation for combat. For example if a large gang robs gas stations over and over again just to kill police.
  • Fail RP rule. If you do something that doesn't value your life, you will be banned. For example not surrendering if you are outnumbered/attempting to 1v4 etc.. 
  • Value of Life > Gear. If you tell someone to drop their gear at gunpoint and they don't, again bannable.
  • For banks, A Police Negotiator has to be sent in before you can start killing, killing the negotiator is bannable.
  • A more relaxed police force. If you have a amazing story, you will most likely keep your firearm, no matter big it is, same with drugs. If you get caught running drugs and you have a great story, your vehicle won't be seized. 

Yes, these rules are very strict, strict to a point where you have no freedom, again, why I prefer Asylum. 

The list goes on and on. It isn't features per say that stimulates roleplay, its the rule-set and the community behind it. Asylum is a savage community hence the reason I love it. I've always said this to people who always ask me, which server do I play on, which ones better? etc.. And my simple answer is, 
Play on Asylum if you want freedom, relaxed rules and wan't to fight 24/7. You'll also get much better at the game and be as toxic as you wan't.
Play on ALUK/GTA if you want strict roleplay and a much kinder community, however you'll be fighting against potatoes 

Thanks for the suggestions :)

I simply love Asylum and it's wicked community though. Got unblacklisted so my best shot is playing cop :) going fine so far

1 hour ago, Haych said:

I wouldn't play Asylum if they turned into hardcore RP. If you want RP like that, go play at a modded community (however, beware, most modded communities are toxic as hell and not even fun like Asylum can be). However, what would be great is if Asylum struck an adequate middle ground. The rules should be relaxed as they are now. You should be able to be a troll and do whatever if you want as long as you are not breaking the server. However, some elements of the game need to have higher standards. Im talking about whitelisted roles. Cops and EMS should be whitelisted roles. (This has been said a billion times by many people, and it is always disregarded with a huff and a sneer).

Cops should HAVE TO abide by a more demanding RP standard. I'm talking about only getting player names from RP interaction (reading an ID or pretend finger print scanning them while detained, etc etc). Cops should HAVE TO have actual probable cause in order to initiate interactions such as traffic stops and detentions (seeing someone on the wanted list SHOULD NOT be probable cause, but metagaming, that is no fun!).

A cool feature that would aid this would be to only make the police wanted list available for officers only inside of PDs, so that way, the ability to always instantly check an up to date wanted list is removed. And make it so that in the field, officers have to interact with a player through their scroll menu, click something like "ID suspect" and then once that is done, they can return to their vehicle, get inside, and use the scroll wheel menu to use a function called something like "Check For Player(s) in Database" which will return info stating the players current bounty amount and most serious charges (i.e. murder, theft, etc). This way, officers can still see players names so they can report them on the forums when need, however, it will also force even the most lazy cop to do some work in order to catch a bounty.

Only EMS should get direct access to medical supplies ( rebels could get access to more expensive "blackmarket" medical supplies at rebel base in order to work with their talents so they can still revive friends in battle if no medic is around, this would also give a reason for gangs to stock pile medical supplies). EMS should never heal criminals before cops. They are government employees! However, criminals can always RP forcing a medic to heal them or a friend, or they can even RP robbing the medic of their medical supplies!

On 08/06/2016 at 4:26 AM, Haych said:

yes best way of getting roleplay is ban everyone good plan dude like it 

6 minutes ago, friendlypilot said:

you obviously are considering you cannot even read your own statements

Keep in mind, most of these rules Asylum players will not be happy to have set in place, I am not stating they should, I love the way the rules are now, I am simply noting down what other servers do to keep high standards of RP

Many players in this community including my self are banned from these servers for reasons I stated above, why would I imply Asylum does the same?. I'm not sure if you're braindead, or you just can't read.

Edited by Haych

I love asylum because it takes a middle ground between rp and pvp.  Some hardcore servers take out pvp completely or they just put like a 100 rules in place to completely discourage you from it. I dont want asylum to became a place where i can walk the streets with my money or drive a truck around not giving a dam  because its a safe zone. I dont even want to start about the rules of engagement that most of hardoce rp servers have where you  cant really use a "blitzkrieg" when u want to say murder someone because u have to do a long ass rp before that giving other guys a light year of time to prepare.