Guyz it's a trap

Scott

I don't know why they decided to make it bannable now, instead what they should do is make it where players have to have proof of the transaction and chat history, ban anyone who scams the other person and comp the person who lost the money, add a blacklist to players who have been banned or are shady and add a whitelist to trusted players who have consistently been able to sell. 

It's our money we should be able to do what we want with it if both parties are held responsible. 

6 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

I don't know why they decided to make it bannable now, instead what they should do is make it where players have to have proof of the transaction and chat history, ban anyone who scams the other person and comp the person who lost the money, add a blacklist to players who have been banned or are shady and add a whitelist to trusted players who have consistently been able to sell. 

It's our money we should be able to do what we want with it if both parties are held responsible. 

It should just say - You can do it but it gets taken if its duped/no comp or admin responsibilities at all. I get they don't wanna deal with it but just say its your fault if you get fucked.

4 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

They already had it on the rules that if you get scammed they have no involvement in  it whatsoever so I highly doubt that is why they are now making it bannable.  I've bought money from plenty of different people and haven't been scammed once. They probably removed it because they saw how much money people made from selling money, while asylum itself isn't making jack shit with these new Bohemia rules. My guess is that they removed it in order to try and get people to donate but then again who knows :shrug:

Cassettes likes this
9 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

I don't know why they decided to make it bannable now, instead what they should do is make it where players have to have proof of the transaction and chat history, ban anyone who scams the other person and comp the person who lost the money, add a blacklist to players who have been banned or are shady and add a whitelist to trusted players who have consistently been able to sell. . 

Yeah.. that's not going to happen.

cut.gif

1 minute ago, Scott said:

It should just say - You can do it but it gets taken if its duped/no comp or admin responsibilities at all. I get they don't wanna deal with it but just say its your fault if you get fucked.

Well that's how it was before wasn't it? But I guess that didn't work out so well Idk why they said " The selling and buying of in-game currency has become an issue. " Are people actually making comp reports and requesting admin help? It's hard to trust people who are selling it; no one wants to go first. Reduce the risk of losing it, or have an admin 3rd party.

Just now, Goldy said:

They already had it on the rules that if you get scammed they have no involvement in  it whatsoever so I highly doubt that is why they are now making it bannable.  I've bought money from plenty of different people and haven't been scammed once. They probably removed it because they saw how much money people made from selling money, while asylum itself isn't making jack shit with these new Bohemia rules. My guess is that they removed it in order to try and get people to donate but then again who knows :shrug:

Yea that's what I was thinking as well, that makes more sense to me than anything else, which if that's the case it's understandable however I don't think making such a rule would increase people to donate as the incentives for donating are not worth it anymore and not much people are generous enough just "to help the server" I've sold money a few times and only felt sketched out once when the guy I agreed to sell it to said he would go first then changed his mind a bit later and we ended up canceling it. 

1 minute ago, Goldy said:

Hmmmm, i don't think so. They probably caught people spawning money and then selling it.

2 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

I don't think getting perm banned for $50 is worth it when you paid $60 + for the game and DLC's on the server you play the most, I doubt that's what's going on. 

Well, I'm sure they have their reasons. It doesn't really bother me in any way

Edited by Vash
1 minute ago, Vash said:

Hmmmm, i don't think so. They probably caught people spawning money and then selling it.

Then they ban the person and clear the money out like they used too. If the same person keeps on buying from people that are "spawning it in" or "duping" and it is an inconvenience to them to keep on clearing them, ban them too. That is why you should only buy from friends/ well known people. Pretty stupid to make it a bannable offense for everyone.

Cassettes likes this
3 minutes ago, Goldy said:

One thing I don't get though. The first bullet point says it's against the rules. Why put in all the other bullet points if it is against the rules.

More bulletpoints = less loopholes, I guess? I don't know, I'm not the right person to answer that lol

Just now, Goldy said:

That's a shit ton of money.... Now is that why you guys are now making it a bannable offense?

Fuck if I know.

I just voiced the opinion that letting people advertise in their steam names because "it's not through an Asylum channel" was choosing ignorance to ignore the issue. Especially when I've been trying to say for 12+ months how much money is sold.

I then left for 3 hours and came back to people being all "man, I didn't realize how many people sell so much money".

9 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Fuck if I know.

I just voiced the opinion that letting people advertise in their steam names because "it's not through an Asylum channel" was choosing ignorance to ignore the issue. Especially when I've been trying to say for 12+ months how much money is sold.

I then left for 3 hours and came back to people being all "man, I didn't realize how many people sell so much money".

Adding all the money transferred to me (Selling money)

Paypal won't show as far back as I've been selling. This is since September last year

32c8586205f467107d9beb7724ae84ce.png

From one buyer alone -

6638db6c8d25ba12a90619ad31a7ff46.png

Edited by Scott
1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

Fuck if I know.

The only time I saw people advertise in their steam names was if it was someone I was refered too. I guess you could shift+tab but I would only trust people I knew/heard of. I'm just curious as to why it is now a bannable offense. I remember back then it was fun and worth it to do meth runs. Fighting cops at meth lab and then calling in your friends to come and help you fight them off. Now it doesn't feel like it's worth the time to do it.

On 6/29/2016 at 6:51 PM, Cassettes said:

this reminds me of the liberty mutual commercial that says 

THIS IS MY MONEY, AND I WANT IT NOW