Why do people hate bounty hunters?

Started a week ago and the amount of salt I get once people learn I'm a Bh is ungodly. Given that bounty hunting is immensely hard to do by yourself and 80% of the time you spend driving to the bounty because requesting gives you some dude all the way across the map and you can bet he is in a group so I don't get why all the saltiness.

Because when you get caught by a cop you have a chance to talk yourself out of it / get a ticket.

Getting robbed by a rebel you may have a chance to get out alive and talk a bit.

Getting caught by a bh is straight to jail and no fun usually.

But on the bright side, as a bounty hunter you can be justice! You can be Batman! The hero Altis needs and deserves, but doesn't want.. at all.

2 hours ago, DreamC said:

Because when you get caught by a cop you have a chance to talk yourself out of it / get a ticket.

Getting robbed by a rebel you may have a chance to get out alive and talk a bit.

But on the bright side, as a bounty hunter you can be justice! You can be Batman! The hero Altis needs and deserves, but doesn't want.. at all.

But there is only 1 Justice > . <

ryno7 likes this
3 hours ago, DreamC said:

I think the part in bold nails it, everyone hates BH because even for a relatively small infraction that a cop would probably let you go for or give 50% off, you get taken to jail and lose your license + loadout. Them getting MX/MXC is the worst decision ever as I see a lot of people using BH weapons at illegal fields to down the opposition in one hit and then having their buddy finish them off w/a lethal, really cheap shit tactic. Yeah if they get caught they lose their BH license but that's easily bought again and isn't much of a penalty. 

Edited by Dirty Scrubz
28 minutes ago, ramjam said:

Bounty Hunters won't listen to any reasonable excuse, even with multiple supporting witnesses. I've even had bounty hunters try to snatch me from within the police station, while speaking with a police officer.

I Also think its because there is not much regulation on them unless they are reported. A lot of them will just down you without saying a damn thing..and it creates a bad image for all bounty hunters even though there are plenty of BH's who operate properly/fairly.

Edited by Reavantos
Furnie Mack and Eric916 like this
6 hours ago, ramjam said:

Bounty Hunters won't listen to any reasonable excuse, even with multiple supporting witnesses. I've even had bounty hunters try to snatch me from within the police station, while speaking with a police officer.

Well think about it, we don't get paid for letting you go and we can't strip search you to make sure you don't just turn around and pop us if we take u to an ATM. It's rough when you gotta deal with rdm and cops will snatch a bounty you been tracking for 20 min and not let you get it .

23 hours ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

I think the part in bold nails it, everyone hates BH because even for a relatively small infraction that a cop would probably let you go for or give 50% off, you get taken to jail and lose your license + loadout. Them getting MX/MXC is the worst decision ever as I see a lot of people using BH weapons at illegal fields to down the opposition in one hit and then having their buddy finish them off w/a lethal, really cheap shit tactic. Yeah if they get caught they lose their BH license but that's easily bought again and isn't much of a penalty. 

That's not a problem with bounty hunters, it's a problem with rebels. The mx/mxc give us an fighting chance to hit targets at range. We need something when rebels get 7.62 to 2 hit you or ohko if you don't have a vest. Also it only takes one hit if they don't have vest or if you pop them in the face.

47 minutes ago, delta873 said:

That's not a problem with bounty hunters, it's a problem with rebels. The mx/mxc give us an fighting chance to hit targets at range. We need something when rebels get 7.62 to 2 hit you or ohko if you don't have a vest. Also it only takes one hit if they don't have vest or if you pop them in the face.

No, those are BH abusing their long range rubber wonder shooters. BH shouldn't have anything better than a handgun that one shots a target IMO. If you get in a firefight, you should have to defend yourself with lethals so in that regard, they should just offer MX w/out rubber bullets to BH and then if they have the first aid talent, be forced to revive the dead target and zip tie them. This would make the BH system a lot less cheesy. And they should only be allowed to jail murderers, not dudes that have speeding tickets or other small infractions. 

If you want to play cop, join the APD. 

Edited by Dirty Scrubz
14 hours ago, Reavantos said:

I Also think its because there is not much regulation on them unless they are reported. A lot of them will just down you without saying a damn thing..and it creates a bad image for all bounty hunters even though there are plenty of BH's who operate properly/fairly.

giphy.gif 

Waited too damn long for someone to post this. Also, if I may add, most of you so called bounty hunters don't have a leg to stand on since you came POST patch so sit down, listen up, and shut up.

Bounty hunters have never had a shining reputation on Asylum, nor do would I say they need to. What makes you stand out of a crowd is your RP creativity and bedside manner with criminals. In the old days you had to be smart since we only had PO7s, Stings, bugged talents, and no way to hide your badge. The community didn't help when people shot hunters on sight just for displaying their badge. Kavala and Agia Marina are prime examples of that cultivated culture that made it okay to harass bounty hunters. 

Bounty hunters down and throw people in jail? Well no shit Sherlock, you think I would casually walk around with a captured Dark Horse gang member worth 6 mil (600k) in Girna? No, the moment any kind of bounty hunter downs a person both civs and police are already pulling out weapons to take them out. 

We are the very definition of gray area because we often times have to break the law to achieve our goals. Yes there are hunters who abuse the tools, but that's because they're either too stupid, too scared, or poor to be a devout rebel/criminal.  The recent patch has made the profession interesting again, but it will level out since most rookies end up blowing their life savings on gear or chasing bounties. Meanwhile the rest of us will be fine and reaping the benefits. Only the strongest and smartest truly benefit from bounty hunting while the rest cry and threaten to kill us. So please commit crime or abuse the bounty hunter gear, it only makes it that much sweeter ripping that shit off you at Skiptracer. 

TL/DR: STFU with your whining and go commit crimes so I can cash in your ass and confiscate your drugs/gear. 

Edited by Cobra
powerwolf, Reavantos and IAmLegion like this

Most of them in other gangs, or back to being randoms like me. 

Way more fun to run around wreaking havoc than sitting at cartels all day. The hours of waiting aren't worth the occasional big fight. 

(edit: also my gang was very bad ;) )

Edited by Kowalski
Just now, Kowalski said:

Most of them in other gangs, or back to being randoms like me. 

Way more fun to run around wreaking havoc than sitting at cartels all day. The hours of waiting aren't worth the occasional big fight. 

(edit: also my gang was very bad ;) )

You'll always be Legendary and Proud Stratis Player to me bud! Agia Marina will never be the same without you making folks scream. But I feel ya, way more fun stealing a bounty's gear and drugs than sitting at a cartel all day.