Money making polls and community feedback.

drug runner missions.  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Asylum moneymaking techniques and the Drug Runner missions community opinions and feedback..

• Yes leave drug runner and buff other methods for making money
    • No, decrease payouts for drug runner and leave all payouts the same
    • Create some type of middle ground without nerfing anything
    • Create some middle ground while nerfing some things and boosting others

4 hours ago, Frizzy said:

Vermin runs now take an additional process step with no increase in pay

Hunting still doesnt work properly

Scotch prices reduced

Aggresive drug market @Haych

The vermin had a bug in it's recipe that was fixed.  The pay was skewed for a long time, and once I looked into it I saw the issue and corrected that issue.  It was not a nerf, the Vermin pricing was broken.  Period.  

Hunting is one of those oddities that I can have Paratus look into again, but can you tell me what part isn't working presently?

Scotch prices were reduced by a small fraction.  It's passive money with literally almost no risk.  It only requires that you spend time on the server doing other things in order to make money.  It was envisioned as a way to take some of the grind out of money making, all while having a different type of mechanic that other servers don't have.  

The drug market pricing is nowhere near as aggressive as everyone seems to think.  The market is based on 1500 units of each type of drug being sold, with the amount on the market being reduced multiple times each server cycle as well as at a restart.  There are tiers inside of the 1500 units where pricing does drop (once 1500 are on the market it is bottomed out), but I think you will find it is much less aggressive than everyone thinks.  If you will recall, the market used to never reset (another bug I found and fixed during the Australia period).  I think if you try "community runs" again, you will find that the pricing is actually much better than you think it will be.

Monster and Motown like this
On 8/27/2016 at 9:30 PM, bamf said:

We added in the extra risk as a way to try to avoid having to tweak the payouts. Like with most things, we have to see how it plays out.

I will say this though, in the last few days there have been 1483 successful drug runner missions and 396 failures. So there is obviously a lot of interest in the new missions - we just need to make sure that the high reward has substantial enough risk. 

1483 successful drug runner missions and 396 failures (300 of the failures were prob mine alone!)

Rag likes this
1 hour ago, bamf said:

The real problem is not Solo money making though, Solo money making is very easy on the servers, everything is designed to work better doing runs on your own, you have Meth, Spirit and Drug Planes etc... Most of my concerns are for group money making. Actually running things together with friends, at the end of the day, is that no what Altis Life is about? All I want is some changes to be made so you can run money in groups in Large trucks without spending an hour to make 2 load-outs worth of cash. 

Every time we've attempted running anything in a Box Truck or larger, the aggressive market took a dump on the last set of people who sell. Its not fun doing the same work only to get half a payout compared to the people who sold before you. I think everyone here, including cops would like to see larger trucks, larger groups running things together, its fun for all factions wether you are the one running it or the one trying to stop it. I'm sure cops would love to take on groups running drugs in Hemmt's.

I will ask the question again, when was the last time you saw groups doing Illegal convoy runs in Large trucks?
Going to also ask this question, please think about it. Why do you think Buying/Selling money on Asylum is so popular but not on other server that don't have rules against it? 

I suggest you gather 10 guys, and do Box Trucks in say Diamonds or Heroin and take a look at the results. It's simply not worth all that effort for the mere 2 load-outs you're going to make.

Oh and Fyi, before you nerf the payout for Drug Planes, consider making these changes instead of directly nerfing the payout

• Disable Autolanding on the servers (adds some 'skill' to running drugs)
  • Add a Timer to load Drugs (more time spent in the red zone)
  • Drug Runners payout gets effected by the Drug Cartel (a direct nerf to payout while buffing Drug Cartel. Gives more incentive to fight over drug cartel when you want to run drugs)
  • Reduces the time is actually takes to deliver. Has anyone here ever come close to running out of time? 
Edited by Haych
McLovin', Sonny Asif, JIMBO and 1 other like this
37 minutes ago, Haych said:

when was the last time you saw groups doing Illegal convoy runs in Large trucks?
Why do you think Buying/Selling money on Asylum is so popular but not on other server that don't have rules against it? 

I suggest you gather 10 guys, and do Box Trucks in say Diamonds or Heroin and take a look at the results. It's simply not worth all that effort for the mere 2 load-outs you're going to make.

Oh and Fyi, before you nerf the payout for Drug Planes, consider making these changes instead of directly nerfing the payout

• Disable Autolanding on the servers (adds some 'skill' to running drugs)
  • Add a Timer to load Drugs (more time spent in the red zone)
  • Drug Runners payout gets effected by the Drug Cartel (a direct nerf to payout while buffing Drug Cartel. Gives more incentive to fight over drug cartel when you want to run drugs)
  • Reduces the time is actually takes to deliver. Has anyone here ever come close to running out of time? 

Last big convoys were before the group cap was put in place.  It used to be 30+ people all hexed doing illegal activities together with literally no risk from anyone on the server.  

People buy money in large part because they prefer fighting to making money.  It's been the meta on our server for a while, but is not just b/c of the factors you listed above (it's somewhat deeper than what you have suggested).  

A group of 10 people doing either diamonds or heroin really isn't something that system is designed for.  You're talking about 10%+ of a server going and doing a single money making activity as a group at one time, so of course that's going to affect the economy.  So if you're going to do an activity as a group, make sure it's one that pays out really, really well to begin with.  

Also, you could take the proceeds from all the vehicles and then split them instead of everyone rushing to be the first to sell so you get maximum payout.  

In terms of nerfing the drug runner missions, I don't really understand why everyone thinks we are looking to nerf them.  The suggestions you linked above are more than likely the type of approach we would take to bring the risk more in line with the reward.  If the reward did shift, it would likely not be dramatically (although I guess Paratus and I may decide we need to do more, but at this point that's not the plan).  

.Sean likes this
37 minutes ago, Feenix said:

Bamf one off-road run of meth makes u only 1 load out . @bamf

Yes, this was a long time ago and was my way of saying doing things repeatedly in a smaller vehicle is often a much better way of making money on Asylum.  Think of it this way, making money is often times less about big payouts and more about sustained income while minimizing your losses.  

HapHazard and .Sean like this
2 hours ago, bamf said:

The vermin had a bug in it's recipe that was fixed.  The pay was skewed for a long time, and once I looked into it I saw the issue and corrected that issue.  It was not a nerf, the Vermin pricing was broken.  Period.  

Hunting is one of those oddities that I can have Paratus look into again, but can you tell me what part isn't working presently?

Scotch prices were reduced by a small fraction.  It's passive money with literally almost no risk.  It only requires that you spend time on the server doing other things in order to make money.  It was envisioned as a way to take some of the grind out of money making, all while having a different type of mechanic that other servers don't have.  

To be honest fixing (Nerfing) things seems to be the trend lately. I mean I see where you are coming from but you have to look at it from our standpoint as civs trying to make money. Things that we were once doing we are still doing now for more amount of time/extra processing and less money that in itself is a NERF. The reasoning is all because it was "Skewed" from the beginning......I have been playing for almost a year so a little under a year long it was "Skewed" and you are now just looking into fixing (Nerfing) it. Maybe there needs to be more time spent tweaking/fixing the money making methods before they are brought into the game and going live for almost a year.

Hunting spawns are broken and when you kill them they do not respawn. Your tracking talents do not track after a while....forcing you to soft log to get them to re spawn again. Please look into the post for more details.

Scotch prices were NERFED.

eca0cd347b817d07b6d03430e073669c.png

3 hours ago, bamf said:

Yes, this was a long time ago and was my way of saying doing things repeatedly in a smaller vehicle is often a much better way of making money on Asylum.  Think of it this way, making money is often times less about big payouts and more about sustained income while minimizing your losses.  

I hope you consider some of the suggestions me and @Haych mentioned rather than going for the worst possible option and nerfing the payout.

• Reduce the time given for each deliver/pick up point, you get 14 minutes to get to sofia runway from donor runway and 14 minutes back, 28 minutes total for something that only takes ~13 max, you never come close to running out of time, from our experience atleast.
  • Bring the drug cartel into effect (therefore not directly nerfing the payout, requires more work to make maximize profit).
  • Remove auto-pilot landings.
  • Add a timer to pickup/load the drugs, like a processing timer for example, takes more time, adds more risk, this will fix the issues that cops had, time window was not big enough to get busted.
  • Remove the ATM at skydiving, adds risk.

I'm sure there is a lot more to be listed but these are the basics me and @Haych have come up with, making the run still enjoyable and riskier without completely nerfing the payout.

Can I pls be taken off of mod queue as well I promise I will be good :frog:

Edited by Jimbo!
.Sean likes this
9 minutes ago, bamf said:

Can we get some big payouts?

3 minutes ago, bamf said:

15 gold bars at $30k+ each.  $450k isn't a big payout?

Edit:  The timers were changed a while back, but no one seems to have noticed that...

When you need ATLEAST 10 players to complete it, and considering that some of you will be losing your 30k loadouts through all the fighting, it really isn't worth 450k.

Frizzy, JIMBO and Haych like this
4 minutes ago, bamf said:

Edit:  The timers were changed a while back, but no one seems to have noticed that...

We tried doing feds after your patch (which sounded great) but it's such a cluster fuck, you have to deal with server lag (cops will push when everyones frozen, happened numerous times), if there is 5 cops on the server and you kill one, if he stays on the spawn screen you cannot continue to break into domes (this was abused in 2 feds we did, waited 10+minutes to drill a single dome), if simple stuff like this was fixed then it'd be worth doing once every now and then, this is more of a risk/effort required > payout type of argument, if you do a bank 30minutes before restart you make almost 300k, that's a payout which is worth the risk/effort, the fed is done more for fun than it is a payout.

55 minutes ago, Feenix said:

Bamf one off-road run of meth makes u only 1 load out . @bamf

2 hours ago, bamf said:

I used to run meth in an offroad with no weapon.  I'd gather components and store them in my house, and then do the final step(s) of cooking the cocktail and then meth in said offroad while wearing fresh spawn clothes.  I also never did a run while wanted.  I'd do 3+ loads a day in that offroad, sell the meth in Pyrgos, and then deposit my money at the APD dome in Pyrgos (this was before every ATM was able to be used).

That is correct. But that was just one run of many as Bamf mentioned above. That way if you were caught by the cops or shot by someone at the Meth processor then you would only be out a little bit. Not a hemtt or Zamak truck load full of stuff. The way to do it is to use a box truck to gather all the ingredients to fill up your crates in your house. (111 of each ingredient for meth in each crate in memory serves me right) so two crates of ingredients would yield you 222 Meth before drug cartel cuts. Then do runs back and forth from your house to the processor in a off-road or sports hatchback until all the stuff is cooked. Yes it will take you longer to do this than if you used a large truck but again if caught or killed, you would only be out 13.5% of your meth compared to losing the whole lot. That's how I did it and that's how I became and remained the most wealthy person in this community for six straight months back in the spring and summer of 2014. 

dragonfade1228 and bamf like this

If someonewants to take it on, then here is what you could do to help out:

I would like a run of all illegal items done in a standard vehicle - could be a flatbed or box truck, an off-road, or whatever. I want to know the time it took to complete the run as well as the amount of money made on the run. 

This assumes you will start in the town closest to the gathering portion of the illegal activity, and finish by selling at the drug dealer (or Wong's) of your choice. 

Once we have more metrics, we can begin a balance pass of necessary. 

Also, having recordings of the runs would be awesome as well...

Ill make it worth your while to get me the information as well...

dragonfade1228, Frizzy and Big Bird like this
2 minutes ago, bamf said:

I would like a run of all illegal items done in a standard vehicle - could be a flatbed or box truck, an off-road, or whatever. I want to know the time it took to complete the run as well as the amount of money made on the run. 

This assumes you will start in the town closest to the gathering portion of the illegal activity, and finish by selling at the drug dealer (or Wong's) of your choice. 

Can do!

dragonfade1228 likes this

Creating spreadsheet for everyone to help. Including different activities and on top of that vehicles.

Edited by House.
dragonfade1228 likes this
1 hour ago, Volunteer281 said:

That is correct. But that was just one run of many as Bamf mentioned above. That way if you were caught by the cops or shot by someone at the Meth processor then you would only be out a little bit. Not a hemtt or Zamak truck load full of stuff. The way to do it is to use a box truck to gather all the ingredients to fill up your crates in your house. (111 of each ingredient for meth in each crate in memory serves me right) so two crates of ingredients would yield you 222 Meth before drug cartel cuts. Then do runs back and forth from your house to the processor in a off-road or sports hatchback until all the stuff is cooked. Yes it will take you longer to do this than if you used a large truck but again if caught or killed, you would only be out 13.5% of your meth compared to losing the whole lot. That's how I did it and that's how I became and remained the most wealthy person in this community for six straight months back in the spring and summer of 2014. 

this is not 5.3 asylum anymore. One loadout costs you a huge amount of your total possible wealth, not to mention cost of vehicles. You have never played current asylum without the ability to add a few zeros to your bank account with ease. I had 40 mil before 6.0. 

Heres a challenge for you people who have it all handed to you.

Change yourself to admin level 0, remove most of your money (give yourself a decent starting amount 100k ect) join a small to medium size gang that fights cartels and cops on a fairly regular basis. and play for at least a few hours daily. Do this for 2 weeks, no spawning gear, no adding money, no playing with a group of admins who spawn gear and protect you, and no drug DP missions. you must make all your money the standard way, meth, scotch ect. See how fun it is to lose 5 percent of your total wealth on just one loadout, and tell me how fun collecting ingrediants is.

If you still think your method of money making is viable in asylum today. Perm ban me 

JIMBO, dragonfade1228, Haych and 1 other like this
2 hours ago, bamf said:

15 gold bars?

Last time i did a fed I didn't even find 10 in all of the domes.

Maybe if there is an increased number of gold bars spawning people might do the fed again.

Just now, bamf said:

Gold bars spawn over time, just like the money in the fed. 

So who wants to be the guy to go around for 30 minutes to drill when for god knows if the server will make it to the end of an hour or two hour long fed? I sure don't , i'd rather see one dome, one box, 5-10 bars with a 20 minute timer that we place a bomb on. Who wants to put in 7 talents and sit getting sniped at by the Chris Kyle Police Department? Even if it was good money the fed is cop sided and boring as hell. The bank isn't even worth money but we go there because EVERYONE can participate and have a good time.

Just now, bamf said:

We did this on Australia. We were the wealthiest people on the server as a gang...

When no big gangs existed. Everyone walked around with pistols because the rifles were trash. You also forget there were no cartels worth fighting, No place on the map worth traveling to in the red zone, and insanely easy methods of making money. I cut wood and made good profit there - on altis I wait for a paycheck or play cop

We did this on Australia. We were the wealthiest people on the server as a gang...

As Bamf said we did that on Australia. We played legit while we were there. Ran a shit load of hooch, bought houses, crates, aging barrels and focused on scotch 24/7. We were all money capped within no time. It's not hard when you apply yourself and say hey. We're going to focus on money making (running alcohol and drugs) and not money spending (cartel fighting/cop fighting).

Just now, bamf said:

irrelevant. Different map, different money making methods, different meta. Money making was safe (from what i am hearing from people who played the map ) Do it on altis. make a gang, you and the boys, no admin abilities, no my asylum account editing. start from scratch and play like a normal person. 

JIMBO and Frizzy like this