Money making polls and community feedback.

drug runner missions.  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Asylum moneymaking techniques and the Drug Runner missions community opinions and feedback..

• Yes leave drug runner and buff other methods for making money
    • No, decrease payouts for drug runner and leave all payouts the same
    • Create some type of middle ground without nerfing anything
    • Create some middle ground while nerfing some things and boosting others

On 30/08/2016 at 1:12 AM, Jimbo! said:

Alright bamf, I invite you to come and play with us and fight every cartel with us for 2 weeks whilst starting from a bank account of $100,000 - you will soon realise how much of a money sink fighting cops & cartels are.

To fight a cartel, you most likely need an ifrit to win, -$120,000 - $140,000.

To fight a cartel, you need a loadout to fight, -$30,000.

To run drugs, you need the server to stay up and even a house to make them worth while, -$55,000 until you get comped, probably end up getting 50% comp and sitting in teamspeak for 3days for one loadouts worth.

Money cap buys you (on average) 33 loadouts, fix discounts.

My offer will still stand, feel free to take it up, this goes for any admin, come play as a normal player in a normal gang.

3 minutes ago, bamf said:

On another note, I am using my secondary account to make money with no admin powers at all.  Started yesterday afternoon with 100k, a house, 3 loadouts, 2 sports, 2 offroads, and an Orca (what any self respecting rebel gang member would have).  I'm up 200k+ in cash, and still had time to put out a patch today.

My offer still stands 

Chau likes this
1 hour ago, bamf said:

On another note, I am using my secondary account to make money with no admin powers at all.  Started yesterday afternoon with 100k, a house, 3 loadouts, 2 sports, 2 offroads, and an Orca (what any self respecting rebel gang member would have).  I'm up 200k+ in cash, and still had time to put out a patch today.

200k cash which to any rebel in an active gang is no money at all? Average loadout - 30k

Cartels are a huge money sink and are one of the main features of this server so supplying them can be tedious to say the least without the run

r҉́͜͝҉̲̲͖̜u̡͔̹̙̠̥͓͇̼͕̻̮̦̱n̵̸̨̬̜͖̰̪̮̥͍͎͢ ̗͕̫̟͍̳̗̕͘͜m̶̶͚̩̮̰͎͓̙͔̣̯̺̣̩̜̘ḛ͈̯̦̟͓͢t͏͇̦̲̞̰̼̘̗̙̱͇̲̳̤̹̼͠h͏̝͇̝̘̳ ̜̲̫̩̤̖̠͘͢͠͝a҉̠͍̺̖̤̰̣̲̺̳͍ņ̥̰͖̟̣̰̥̲͕̘͉̥̗̤͍͇̭̫̙d̡̮͖̭͎̬̮̳̯̣̞͖̙͜͠ͅ ̶̤͍̰̟̲͉͉̤̮̟̩͇͍͎͟ͅͅq̷̸̨̺̣̫̯̗̫̜̣͉̟̕ͅͅù̴̢͙̩̰̟̭͍́͜i̛҉̮͖͙̼̠̻̮͖t̵͟͡҉̸͈̤̗͕̖̫̝͍͚͕̪̙ͅ ̸̨͙̻̘͚̝͓ç̴̹̘͚̺̥͕̲̙̻̹̺̲͍͙̱̮͜ŗ̴͕̟͕̲̯̫͖̟͍͖͓͢͠y̧҉̸͙̥̘̼͔̰͍̺͉̘̟̩ͅͅḭ̵̡̣̰̳͇͎̺̺̝̮͉͙̣̻͈͍͇͓͟n̢̛̤̺̣͚̭̠̳͙̰̘̙̝͚̯̳͢͠͠ͅģ̸̷̩̟̩̘̺̜͉̞̲̞̳͖͓͙͖͔̕͞
Just now, Clint Beastwood said:
r҉́͜͝҉̲̲͖̜u̡͔̹̙̠̥͓͇̼͕̻̮̦̱n̵̸̨̬̜͖̰̪̮̥͍͎͢ ̗͕̫̟͍̳̗̕͘͜m̶̶͚̩̮̰͎͓̙͔̣̯̺̣̩̜̘ḛ͈̯̦̟͓͢t͏͇̦̲̞̰̼̘̗̙̱͇̲̳̤̹̼͠h͏̝͇̝̘̳ ̜̲̫̩̤̖̠͘͢͠͝a҉̠͍̺̖̤̰̣̲̺̳͍ņ̥̰͖̟̣̰̥̲͕̘͉̥̗̤͍͇̭̫̙d̡̮͖̭͎̬̮̳̯̣̞͖̙͜͠ͅ ̶̤͍̰̟̲͉͉̤̮̟̩͇͍͎͟ͅͅq̷̸̨̺̣̫̯̗̫̜̣͉̟̕ͅͅù̴̢͙̩̰̟̭͍́͜i̛҉̮͖͙̼̠̻̮͖t̵͟͡҉̸͈̤̗͕̖̫̝͍͚͕̪̙ͅ ̸̨͙̻̘͚̝͓ç̴̹̘͚̺̥͕̲̙̻̹̺̲͍͙̱̮͜ŗ̴͕̟͕̲̯̫͖̟͍͖͓͢͠y̧҉̸͙̥̘̼͔̰͍̺͉̘̟̩ͅͅḭ̵̡̣̰̳͇͎̺̺̝̮͉͙̣̻͈͍͇͓͟n̢̛̤̺̣͚̭̠̳͙̰̘̙̝͚̯̳͢͠͠ͅģ̸̷̩̟̩̘̺̜͉̞̲̞̳͖͓͙͖͔̕͞

Yes. However a lot of the community would be pissed about a heavy nerf or just a nerf.

https://gyazo.com/ca5ebce3f158cfc5b6e16c11346a4eea

44 minutes ago, Sonny Asif said:

200k cash which to any rebel in an active gang is no money at all? Average loadout - 30k

Cartels are a huge money sink and are one of the main features of this server so supplying them can be tedious to say the least without the run

Why is it that each time there is a post about a rebel loadout it increases? WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!

I am curious what a typical rebel loadout is and costs with and without taxes/discounts. Real numbers go a long way to helping the problem be addressed. For people who regularly fight cartels can you tell me the required "must have" gear and the cost?

9 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Why is it that each time there is a post about a rebel loadout it increases? WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!

I am curious what a typical rebel loadout is and costs with and without taxes/discounts. Real numbers go a long way to helping the problem be addressed. For people who regularly fight cartels can you tell me the required "must have" gear and the cost?

Your average 7.62 loadout ~22k - 27k with pilot coveralls, 28k with white csats (think they're 6-7k, not too sure.), it's just easier to round it up since not everyone buys the same loadout, you have to remember taxes, discounts & stock/availability etc effect prices.

Average loadout (for me atleast):

Pilot Coveralls

Carrier Lite (Green, No Flag)

ION Cap

NVG 

Binoculars

GPS

MK1 (Sand, always) Arco & 14 mags

2 grenades (lately haven't bought many due to broken discounts)

3 First Aid Kits

Basic Y Inventory, I don't see this being much different for most rebels, except most don't buy adrenaline shots.

Edited by Jimbo!
7 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Without any discounts it costs about 25 to 30k (depending on if you want your armored snow man suit) from there you usually need a 6.5 or 7.62 (ifrit meta op) 

4 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

My Loadout

-CSAT White Clothing 6k

-Mk-1/18 with 18 Mags -Depending On taxes and Scope Used (Usually MRCO Or ARCO) 18k to 22k

Helmet (Go Kart (White and Black)- $150

Carrier Rig- 5.5k

Backpack $250

Smoke of Every Color -$1000

NVG'es- $100

Y Inv consiting of 2k in RedGull

4k in medical (Bloodbags Defib Adrenalin PK'es and 2 Splints (Always)

= An average loadout of 36750-39000 Depending on Taxes. 

On 8/29/2016 at 7:09 PM, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Money making on civ is incredibly grindy.  Ever since the living economy + other changes to money making it has felt a lot slower and way less worth it.  I think it is also due to the culture of Asylum being far different.  People will kill you at legal areas just cause, this use to be much more rare and riskier jobs are much harder than what they use to be due to the hyper competitive nature of Asylum.

Lastly, grinding money on civ is a bitch but on cop it is so fucking easy.  You can get money capped on cop incredibly fast.  The comparison to civ and cop money making is night and day.  No, i'm not saying nerf cop income but if civ could be even somewhat close to how fast cop makes money, Asylum would be a lot more fun.

I agree with the above but will add that playing cop now is super boring unless you're a hardcore Kavala addict. You patrol the fields and find...well nothing because nobody is running anything illegal. So you say ok I'll go check the legal areas and its empty as usual. So where's everyone at? Well either dicking around in cartels or doing smuggling and then you hope you can catch them every 20 mins in that 50m radius. Yawn, I got better shit to do with my time. 

Add NLR for cops in illegal zones + buff other illegal money making methods or the server population will keep plummeting. Last week I've noticed the servers struggle to reach 100 players and in the evenings its completely dead. 

Also these guys are completely spot on about the costs of being a rebel, it's very expensive. You easily spend $35k+ on a loadout and if you attack a well camped cartel, well then you're almost inevitably going to die or lose a few gang members during that attack. On Altis, you need those ifrits to attack cartels but obviously not on server 5 so that cost doesn't necessarily apply on Tanoa. On Tanoa you must have an orca for basically any cartel fight you do. 

P.S. Either find better DDOS protection or switch to NFO from OVH. HostileTakeover uses NFO for a good reason, they're the best and those guys don't ever go down. If I was a civ, I would't play on Asylum either because why waste 1 hr+ only for the server to go down in the middle of your run?

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Ewephoric and .Sean like this
1 hour ago, House. said:

My Loadout

-CSAT White Clothing 6k

-Mk-1/18 with 18 Mags -Depending On taxes and Scope Used (Usually MRCO Or ARCO) 18k to 22k

Carrier Rig- 5.5k

Backpack $250

NVG'es- $100

If you're paying 18-22k for an MK1/MK18 you're doing something horribly wrong.

3 hours ago, Jimbo! said:

Your average 7.62 loadout ~22k - 27k with pilot coveralls, 28k with white csats (think they're 6-7k, not too sure.), it's just easier to round it up since not everyone buys the same loadout, you have to remember taxes, discounts & stock/availability etc effect prices.

Average loadout (for me atleast):

Pilot Coveralls

Carrier Lite (Green, No Flag)

ION Cap

NVG 

Binoculars

GPS

MK1 (Sand, always) Arco & 14 mags

2 grenades (lately haven't bought many due to broken discounts)

3 First Aid Kits

Basic Y Inventory, I don't see this being much different for most rebels, except most don't buy adrenaline shots.

This doesn't seem unreasonable in terms of amount of items or type of items. Do these pilot coveralls provide extra armor like they used to early this year? Just curious if that is why everyone is buying them.

3 hours ago, Parker said:

Without any discounts it costs about 25 to 30k (depending on if you want your armored snow man suit) from there you usually need a 6.5 or 7.62 (ifrit meta op) 

What are the primary discounts that everyone is referring to? I know there was mention of something being broken which made loadouts cost more.

2 hours ago, House. said:

My Loadout

-CSAT White Clothing 6k

Carrier Rig- 5.5k

Backpack $250

NVG'es- $100

Holy damn. This is why I stick to a rook and 15 of the 30round magazines. 

Just now, Sneaky said:

This doesn't seem unreasonable in terms of amount of items or type of items. Do these pilot coveralls provide extra armor like they used to early this year? Just curious if that is why everyone is buying them.

No longer gives extra protection from fall damage/fire etc, people mainly buy them due to the fact you can take an extra shot from a 7.62.

3 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Do these pilot coveralls provide extra armor like they used to early this year? Just curious if that is why everyone is buying them

Yes, so does the snowman suit. 

3 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

What are the primary discounts that everyone is referring to? I know there was mention of something being broken which made loadouts cost more.

When owning arms dealer/turfs they get discounts, if they are getting secret discounts idk then

6 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Holy damn. This is why I stick to a rook and 15 of the 30round magazines. 

The Discounts are The cartels and Turfs

8 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

How much are we talking here? $5k discount off of a $25k loadout?

Everything besides your gun is priced the same, with 2 turfs and arms your 12k MK1 is suddenly $4,800, cheaper with stock. *With working discounts

Since discounts are broken and only one discount is applying, you get a 20% discount from owning 2 turfs and or arms.

Also, no idea how you're paying 35k for a loadout house, either you're lying to make it seem worse or you're very bad at math.

Edited by Jimbo!
Sneaky likes this
4 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

No longer gives extra protection from fall damage/fire etc, people mainly buy them due to the fact you can take an extra shot from a 7.62.

Makes sense why it is popular, extra shot during a cartel fight would be huge. 

So my opinion at the moment is to still reduce the payout for these drug smuggling missions on planes. My reasoning is that the risk/reward and effort required just doesn't match up. I made quite a chunk of money with no effort by doing these missions and only 1 time had to actually shoot someone who was camping one of the airfields. It is super fun to do but the payout doesn't match up and I would suggest reducing it by at least 30%. I know that the rebel faction wants and needs money to fund these expensive loadouts but this drug plane stuff is way too easy.

With that being said it may be a good time for us to chart/graph payout for all activities and really analyze what is going on. I don't have the most playtime recently so I will brush up  in an effort to understand the problems and brainstorm some solutions. Rather than rely on an overpowered way to make money we should try and fix/adjust the lackluster options that have a much greater risk.

I plan to keep reading this thread and I do not mind having a discussion with anyone so long as it stays civilized. If it gets out of control I am also open to reading a PM from anyone to discuss stuff. I will make a reasonable effort to play with any gang of any size to better understand what is going on. I can't promise I will come up with some perfect solution but I want to try to get us more balanced.

In the end people from all factions will always have something to complain about =P Perfect balance cannot be achieved. 

16 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

Everything besides your gun is priced the same, with 2 turfs and arms your 12k MK1 is suddenly $4,800, cheaper with stock. *With working discounts

Since discounts are broken and only one discount is applying, you get a 20% discount from owning 2 turfs and or arms.

Also, no idea how you're paying 35k for a loadout house, either you're lying to make it seem worse or you're very bad at math.

My loadout is ridiculously expensive lol

13 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

So my opinion at the moment is to still reduce the payout for these drug smuggling missions on planes. My reasoning is that the risk/reward and effort required just doesn't match up. I made quite a chunk of money with no effort by doing these missions and only 1 time had to actually shoot someone who was camping one of the airfields. It is super fun to do but the payout doesn't match up and I would suggest reducing it by at least 30%. I know that the rebel faction wants and needs money to fund these expensive loadouts but this drug plane stuff is way too easy.

With that being said it may be a good time for us to chart/graph payout for all activities and really analyze what is going on. I don't have the most playtime recently so I will brush up  in an effort to understand the problems and brainstorm some solutions. Rather than rely on an overpowered way to make money we should try and fix/adjust the lackluster options that have a much greater risk.

I plan to keep reading this thread and I do not mind having a discussion with anyone so long as it stays civilized. If it gets out of control I am also open to reading a PM from anyone to discuss stuff. I will make a reasonable effort to play with any gang of any size to better understand what is going on. I can't promise I will come up with some perfect solution but I want to try to get us more balanced.

In the end people from all factions will always have something to complain about =P Perfect balance cannot be achieved. 

Pin it as an Idea thread so its always seen and people always suggest

Just now, Sneaky said:

I'll give you a tldr run down on money making these past months, the biggest concern is the servers stability, it kept going down, making your 1hour drug run worthless, another concern was you spend an hour to make 55k (2 loadouts worth) in a very boring manner, running around picking up plants/running around in a pit, meth was somewhat bearable but you need a house to make it short worth while, the hour worth of work makes you 2 loadouts, you use them 2 loadouts in one cartel fight.

If you had seen the results before and after the drug runner (Gang fights/cartel wise) you'd see the huge difference, we were lucky to get 1 fight every 2 days, now we're fighting everyday without babysitting every gang(no chop, reviving etc), drug running was finally something worth your time (besides cop, you make so much money in such little time on cop compared to civ, no wonder people play cop for the money, I don't blame them).

Me & Haych recommended a lot of (what I believe to be viable options) stuff to help nerf the drug runner missions without nerfing the payout completely, at this point it's the only decent pay you'll get from illegal activities (meth is pretty good with a house, I'll admit.)

The biggest concern cops had about the new drug running is that the time window was not long enough for them to interrupt/interact, we had numerous solutions for this, heres a list of a few:

Reduce the time given for each deliver/pick up point, you get 14 minutes to get to sofia runway from donor runway and 14 minutes back, 28 minutes total for something that only takes ~13 max, you never come close to running out of time, from our experience atleast.

Bring the drug cartel into effect (therefore not directly nerfing the payout, requires more work to make maximize profit).

• Remove auto-pilot landings. (I think bamf removed this today, if so, great.)
  • Add a timer to pickup/load the drugs, like a processing timer for example, adds risk and fixes the cop time window issue.
  • Remove the ATM at skydiving, currently there is ZERO risk when you've completed your run, doesn't give cops any time.
  • Reduce the time given for collecting/delivering, you mentioned that you've been doing drug runner missions, you've probably realised you never come close to running out of time.
  • Bring the drug cartel into effect and have it take a cut from each sale unless your gang owns the cartel, adds incentive to fight, no idea why this isn't already a thing, it is drug running after all.

If these were taken into consideration, you'd see a massive increase in cop busts/camping/risk, would fix alot of issues and would be a viable nerf without reducing the payout.

.Sean, Haych, Sneaky and 2 others like this
10 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

I'll give you a tldr run down on money making these past months, the biggest concern is the servers stability, it kept going down, making your 1hour drug run worthless, another concern was you spend an hour to make 55k (2 loadouts worth) in a very boring manner, running around picking up plants/running around in a pit, meth was somewhat bearable but you need a house to make it short worth while, the hour worth of work makes you 2 loadouts, you use them 2 loadouts in one cartel fight.

If you had seen the results before and after the drug runner (Gang fights/cartel wise) you'd see the huge difference, we were lucky to get 1 fight every 2 days, now we're fighting everyday without babysitting every gang(no chop, reviving etc), drug running was finally something worth your time (besides cop, you make so much money in such little time on cop compared to civ, no wonder people play cop for the money, I don't blame them).

Me & Haych recommended a lot of (what I believe to be viable options) stuff to help nerf the drug runner missions without nerfing the payout completely, at this point it's the only decent pay you'll get from illegal activities (meth is pretty good with a house, I'll admit.)

The biggest concern cops had about the new drug running is that the time window was not long enough for them to interrupt/interact, we had numerous solutions for this, heres a list of a few:

Reduce the time given for each deliver/pick up point, you get 14 minutes to get to sofia runway from donor runway and 14 minutes back, 28 minutes total for something that only takes ~13 max, you never come close to running out of time, from our experience atleast.

Bring the drug cartel into effect (therefore not directly nerfing the payout, requires more work to make maximize profit).

• Remove auto-pilot landings. (I think bamf removed this today, if so, great.)
  • Add a timer to pickup/load the drugs, like a processing timer for example, adds risk and fixes the cop time window issue.
  • Remove the ATM at skydiving, currently there is ZERO risk when you've completed your run, doesn't give cops any time.
  • Reduce the time given for collecting/delivering, you mentioned that you've been doing drug runner missions, you've probably realised you never come close to running out of time.
  • Bring the drug cartel into effect and have it take a cut from each sale unless your gang owns the cartel, adds incentive to fight, no idea why this isn't already a thing, it is drug running after all.

If these were taken into consideration, you'd see a massive increase in cop busts/camping/risk, would fix alot of issues and would be a viable nerf without reducing the payout.

A lot of those are some pretty solid ideas. The biggest one is the processing timer because it would extend the amount of time involved with these missions. Comparing the time of drug smuggling to meth runs or something is what makes my eyes bulge because of the payouts. I remember using autopilot on a jet a long time ago on Asylum and the jet crashed 100m before the fence that surrounds the main airfield. #neveragain

Did you make a previous post with these ideas? Im assuming it is buried in another thread just like it could be in this one xD

.Sean likes this
Just now, Sneaky said:

A lot of those are some pretty solid ideas. The biggest one is the processing timer because it would extend the amount of time involved with these missions. Comparing the time of drug smuggling to meth runs or something is what makes my eyes bulge because of the payouts. I remember using autopilot on a jet a long time ago on Asylum and the jet crashed 100m before the fence that surrounds the main airfield. #neveragain

Did you make a previous post with these ideas? Im assuming it is buried in another thread just like it could be in this one xD

Yeah, we've listed it probably 3 times, different ideas different posts so it'd be easy to miss, bamf did quote one of the posts and implied one of them had been dealt with/implemented though, which shows that they are listening to the community, good sign (http://i.imgur.com/5OGxwew.png).

At this point cops basically never have a chance to catch you, I mean, you complete your fun fine, run 200 meters from the delivery point to an atm and you're completely safe, if you had to actually drive to sofia/donor town etc to bank your money then there'd be increased risk/fugitive pings, so far the only risk is campers (on server 1, thats us) and bounty hunters (tend to hang around there alot, makes you an easy target.), I think the loading timer would be the most viable option as it requires you to stay in one place for atleast a few minutes, making you an easier target for cops/campers = risk.

42 minutes ago, Leap said:

And they release these drug running shenanigans whilst my computer is broken and I am grounded. GG Asylum. GG 

We specifically waited for you to be grounded.  In fact, your parents wanted me to punish you extra and they donated to have the feature go in now just to rub it in your face.  

Ya, it's late and I had to.  I'm not sure why.  

Where's that kappa emote again?

Heidelberg, 544heu, Phil. and 7 others like this